Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-09-2012, 06:30 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,206,642 times

Advertisements

Yeah--Ryan must the reason he got a bounce.

It's interesting that the Romney campaign has been RUNNING from the Ryan plan for the entire election, and keeping Ryan away from the press. It's even more interesting that Romney's poll numbers bounced after the debate when he twisted himself into a pretzel once again and came across as a moderate on most issues. What happened to "severely conservative" Romney who picked Ryan as a running mate to appeal to the bat poop crazy end of the party?

It should be entertaining to see how Ryan handles the debate this week. How do you stump for your candidate and his policies when you don't know what the h*ll they are from day to day, and when your own track record is extremist? Can't wait to see how that one plays out.

Old 10-09-2012, 06:34 AM

10,092 posts, read 8,206,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
People dont vote based upon unemployment numbers, they vote based upon individual situations.
They vote based on which candidate they think will make things better.

Old 10-09-2012, 06:40 AM

24,868 posts, read 24,392,645 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afoigrokerkok View Post
He was only up by 3-4 before. If there was a marked shift, they have to be tied or just about tied.
He was up 57 to 38 with women before the debate. Talking an 18 point swing.

Old 10-09-2012, 06:41 AM

684 posts, read 825,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
It is very clear.....people are seeing the real Obama after the first debate and realizing his rhetoric does not work for our country.

The pew poll has Romney ahead of the margin of error with the extremely likely to vote. Also, where Obama has been ahead with women voters, they are now tied.
Possible. Unlikely, I think, because no other poll has shown that.

Don't get me wrong, I've said for months that I feel it will be a very close race with Obama winning the popular vote and Romney winning the Electoral vote, but I feel that has more to do with the Democratic tendency to have lower voter turnout.

I'd be interested to see if any other major polls duplicate it. Normally, I'd just discount the poll as an outlier, but because Pew skews Democratic this is a very large statistical anomoly. The fact that it has such a radical change suggests that something about the way they polled changed. Or they oversampled Republicans.

Old 10-09-2012, 06:43 AM

4,209 posts, read 3,590,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TempusFugitive View Post
Possible. Unlikely, I think, because no other poll has shown that.

Don't get me wrong, I've said for months that I feel it will be a very close race with Obama winning the popular vote and Romney winning the Electoral vote, but I feel that has more to do with the Democratic tendency to have lower voter turnout.

I'd be interested to see if any other major polls duplicate it. Normally, I'd just discount the poll as an outlier because Pew skews Democratic. The fact that it has such a radical change suggests that something about the way they polled changed. Or they oversampled Republicans.
Or people are finally getting smart and making their decision on whom they are voting for!

Old 10-09-2012, 07:23 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Actually liberals were saying Ryan wouldn't help or hurt Romney because outside of the Beltway, most people don't even know who Ryan is and it will be a miracle if Ryan even delivers Wisconsin because he have very little clout in that state.

Old 10-09-2012, 08:35 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times
Good Morning Libs.

New poll out for PA Obama +3 well within the ME, 2nd poll in as many days that shows PA statistically tied. Looks like Romney was on to something the weekend before the debate when he told a Philadelphia area crowd he'd win the state.

http://www.siena.edu/uploadedfiles/h...ical_FINAL.pdf

Old 10-09-2012, 08:46 AM

18,630 posts, read 19,421,721 times
Romney surges past Obama in second poll - The Hill's Ballot Box

Well Obama today launched a Big Bird ad I'm sure that'll move the needle.
Maybe next Code Pink will have an ad featuring vaginas since Obama's gender gap is eroding?

Old 10-09-2012, 08:56 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,129,736 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stayinformed40 View Post
The left cringed in fear when Romney chose Ryan. They know it is a great choice and Ryan is going to tear Biden up during the debate.

I guess the left think if they say it enough and get the media to back it up, it will be true. Not to mention the depth of lies.

Well the latest Pew poll shows exactly what is going on. Romney is up beyond he margin of error and women voters pulling for Romney vs Obama is now dead even.

the next debate between Obama and Romney should be really good given Obama is clueless about foreign policy. Romney's recent foreign speech was spot on!
They did cringe...in disgust, not fear. Ryan has been exposed as an Ayn Rand worshipper who speaks with a fork tongue. He has done his best to avoid being clear on anything. I'm sure at the debate his feet will held to the fire. We can be certain that the Presidential debate tape is being used as a training tool by the Obama camp on how to debate a liar and a hypocrite. Everything from his begging for stimulus moola to these six big whoppers 6 Worst Lies In Paul Ryan's Speech | ThinkProgress

Yeah, were were petrified of Palin too...remember?

Romney's foreign policy is zip, zero, nada and his reliance on the Bush neocons is what will be pulling the strings. His speech was based on empty platitudes...btw.

Old 10-09-2012, 08:57 AM

1,635 posts, read 1,593,822 times
Aptly named Candy Crowley,who will be the moderator at this debate,said it was a political death wish.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections