Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2012, 11:05 PM

9,982 posts, read 13,766,994 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nick is rulz View Post
cool story bro. Ryan lost the debate. I dont know why thats so hard to admit. I fully admit Obama fell flat on his face last week, yet Republicans are just adamant about not admitting defeat even when its obvious.

Face it, Biden took him to church.
Yep, this is a real difference between lefties and righties. Lefties will whine a bit, then admit it if the facts prove they are wrong. Even Obama just said, I had a bad night. Righties just cannot seem to possibly absorb being wrong. It blows their circuits. Does not compute! Far better to find someone to blame it on or deny it altogether.

Best thing about the debate was that Lyan Ryan cound not explain how they will make their too good to be true budget work. Obama needs to pin Romney to the ropes on this crap. I mean, the citizens truly deserve to know how the hell we can do all the tax cuts, balloon the military, and shrink the deficit. There is no there there, and we all know it.

Last edited by Fiddlehead; 10-11-2012 at 11:16 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2012, 11:07 PM

753 posts, read 843,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dixiegirl7 View Post
According to all of the polls I have seen Ryan won.
A CBS News poll of uncommitted voters who watched the debate gave Biden the edge over Ryan by a 50%-31% margin.

Old 10-11-2012, 11:08 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,603,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Romney wasnt at the debate tonight, I guess you needing to change the subject shows you didnt even know what the hell Biden was talking about..
Quote:
Originally Posted by janelle144 View Post
Nope, Ryan is thinking why is this idiot laughing all the time when we are talking about serious issues? Doesn't he understand ANYTHING?
He understood how to smash Ryan's weak positions. Ryan came off looking really weak when his position regarding debt reductions and the military were put on full display.

9,437 posts, read 7,373,638 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarlaT2 View Post
I thought it was a tie on substance, but Biden was a jerk. The interruptions, aggressiveness, and smirking just totally turned me off.
And look at the liberals here, they're positively orgasmic about Bidens performance. Clearly they identify with the smug, arrogant, self righteous behavior displayed by their candidate.

12,498 posts, read 27,004,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coped View Post
Again, that's in a technical capacity. If I say I'm travelling to Chicago by vehicle, it is assumed that I'm taking a car. I would never say I'm going by vehicle if I was taking a plane or train.

Regardless, it's a really not a gaffe that has any traction.
America is so fixated on car culture thats why.

NASA calls the shuttle a vehicle.

Any intelectual person would know what a vehicle is & that a helicopter is in fact a vehicle.

Biden gaffed like he always does, admit it.

Old 10-11-2012, 11:10 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times
LOL, all I hear is detail but it is above your understanding and comprehension that you don't know it when you hear it. As for Biden, if you think that is a class act it does not say much about you. Do you know what the velocity of money is? I am not going to spoon feed you. Look it up.

Biden's inappropriate smiles, his scoffing during Rep. Ryan's speaking, his obnoxious interruptions, and his rapid swings from toothy grins to serious faces all left the impression of an unstable individual.

Wait, did Obama and Biden know about the terror attack or did they think it was just people burning our flag and burning effigies of Obama.

753 posts, read 843,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiddlehead View Post
Funny, Romney pulls a raging bull, acting like a manic, belligerant ass, and he is [i]dominant, presidential, masterful...
Sour grapes for sure. I felt Romney didn't look 'Presidential' last week when he interrupted and smirked the entire night. I'd much rather the top of ticket be calm and 'Presidential' while the VP gets more spirited/combative.

Plus, details help a lot.

12,867 posts, read 14,919,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inciteful View Post
Biden was definitely in defense mode. I would hope there is backlash on Biden's statement that the military wants and has asked to be smaller and leaner....really??? Although, there were not any great verbal blunders by Biden, I almost wonder if they may get a boost just because of his arrogent and smug smiling demeanor will get more attention and talk time. Unfortunately, sometimes negative publicity is better than no major publicity. However, I am impressed with Ryan's ability to stay calm as I could never do something like that, and keep control of my emotions.
i was certainly surprised by biden's statement that the military asked to be downsized.

i am just curious if anybody totalled the time that each speaker talked, and the moderator--as it sure seemed like biden talked a lot more, especially when ryan was also talking.

Old 10-11-2012, 11:11 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
He understood how to smash Ryan's weak positions. Ryan came off looking really weak when his position regarding debt reductions and the military were put on full display.
How do you know how Ryan came off looking if you didnt even hear Biden lie and say he didnt vote for putting the wars on a credit card?

Old 10-11-2012, 11:12 PM

11,531 posts, read 10,295,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro Matt View Post
America is so fixated on car culture thats why.

NASA calls the shuttle a vehicle.

Any intelectual person would know what a vehicle is & that a helicopter is in fact a vehicle.

Biden gaffed like he always does, admit it.
Thurston Howell would also call his yacht a vehicle, but Biden is blue collar joe and he thinks of Oldsmobile and Fords when someone says vehicle.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections