Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2012, 04:11 AM

1,072 posts, read 2,972,716 times

Advertisements

The questions are their own but are know to the moderator beforehand so they can avoid duplicates and group like questions together. They announced at the beginning that Candy and her team knew what the questions were but nobody else did. The people had them written on index card so they won't freeze under the bright lights and with the cameras on them. There was one lady who tried to ask without an index card and did freeze and had to pull out her card. She was asking a question about taxes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2012, 04:15 AM

8,145 posts, read 6,529,734 times
"President bush and I are different people"
what a jackass statement. As if anyone is the same person. He is convinced of the stupidity of the American people

Old 10-17-2012, 04:22 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,299,216 times
Default Whiney, angry, and arrogant ramblings of a failure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Once again, we see a democratic failure. Obama was more passionate about his views, but was ALWAYS rebutted with the fact that he had promised such measures four years ago and failed to deliver the desired results.

Obama was simply rehashing his promises of four years ago. The problem this time was that he has a record of four years of failure which could be readily recounted (and Romney did!).

Obama was more passionate and did not appear as a zombie, as he did in the first debate. However, in regard to factual responses and solutions, he was wavering and wondering, just as he was in the first debate.

It was clear that we have had an empty suit in the White House for the last four years who cannot explain what he has done or articulate what he will do differently. This was a stronger showing for Obama (one could not do any worse), but was a clear policy defeat.

The emperor has no clothes.
Once again, Obama rambled and stumbled his way past questions, often not with the slightest hint of an answer.

He had noting to offer. Ryan was the clear winner.

Old 10-17-2012, 04:28 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,850,288 times
Romney now on his knees... next up, a continuation of the Monte Python "Black Knight" skit. After the next debate, Romney will be left with only his gnashing teeth.

Old 10-17-2012, 04:33 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,378,548 times
Default Romney is synonymous with EMPTY

Can anyone believe the pompousness and ignorance of this goon to actually stand there and offer to "give advice" to the President of the United States, during a debate in which he is getting his arse handed to him? It was a sure sign that HE felt he was losing.

Romney was desperately clinging to his usual misguided platitudes. Completely outclassed and decimated by President Obama, Romney lost what little composure he had. Empty, is what he represents.

Old 10-17-2012, 04:36 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,257,449 times
I was extremely disappointed, but not surprised....same ol, same ol.

Before the debates started, I was determined to vote, Independent....

Then after the 1st debate, I changed to Romney...much to my dismay...but he did do well.

After last night I'm back to voting Independent, which is stupid, b/c there is no chance in hell....

However, I'm fed up with the politicians of this nation. A woman stood up and she took the words right out of my mouth. She addressed Romney...she said, "she is divided, most of our problems came from the Bush Administration, how are you going to be any different?" He side stepped the entire question, and went to a whole different subject. He won't be any different. Bush administration got us into this mess....and Obama is worthless...he has doubled our expenses....he's gone off the deep end somewhere with power and the limelight, that is all he cares about. If I have to look at his face one more time on TV, I'm going to vomit...he spends more time hobnobbing with TV and movie stars then he does working for the American public.

This country is in for dire straights no matter who gets in...nothing will change, nothing will be any different....Romney only cares about wealth and greed, and let me tell you, Government can't and won't create jobs.....we make no thing in this country any more, and it is all due to greed. Our infostructure is a mess....can't help but wonder, what is going on with preventative maintenance with our nuke plants, our bridges, our chemical plants...and of course, there is the sleezy Koch brothers.

We are headed for more greed, more loss of jobs, and no one cares, except being loyal to they're parties....big big mistake.

Old 10-17-2012, 04:37 AM

1,119 posts, read 1,370,651 times
I do not see a lot of insults against Romney and a lot against Obama meaning Obama won, or the right whining wouldn't be as loud.

I have to get to work.

Old 10-17-2012, 04:46 AM

28,890 posts, read 30,257,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayita View Post
I do not see a lot of insults against Romney and a lot against Obama meaning Obama won, or the right whining wouldn't be as loud.

I have to get to work.
yanno what, lets seriously discuss this instead of climbing on the party board....none of them one, they both side stepped questions that were asked by the people....

It really turns my stomach the way you people are so dedicated to your party rather then facing this head on and realizing, politics are extremely corrupt, and nothing is going to change, no matter who gets in....

Your more concerned about your party the the facts, that this nation is crumbling....and crumbling very fast...we borrow 40 cents on every freaking dollar we print....

Old 10-17-2012, 04:48 AM

4,160 posts, read 5,619,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by enemy country View Post
"President bush and I are different people"
what a jackass statement. As if anyone is the same person. He is convinced of the stupidity of the American people

Why is that a jackass statement? The LIBS are trying to make Bush and Romney the same person...

Just like Obama is trying to convince the American people there was no cover up on Libya? How stupid does Obama think we are?

Old 10-17-2012, 04:49 AM

22,229 posts, read 17,850,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mayita View Post

I have to get to work.
They know that, it's just hard for them to swallow. But they always have FOX, which is about the only haven they have, where they tell their listeners only what they want to hear. I was watching FOX after the debate. They were going on and on telling it's audience that when someones says an event is an act of terror means it was not an act of terror. Apparently some people here, got that message and are simply perpetuating the whine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections