Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2012, 12:09 AM

27,158 posts, read 15,330,669 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomexico
The NRA should can that response of the President and use it as a recruitment tool. Romney ran from the issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earlyretired View Post
They will and "You People" can shut the hell up about how gun owners are just paranoid about 0bummer wanting to ban their guns...

Romneys reply was acceptable...

Yes Romney's reply was appropriate.
He instrcucted on the differences between Assault rifle and ones that just look like them.
Assault rifle are fully autpmatic, the ones that Obama wants to restrict are not assault weapons.
He also said he wasn't looking for more laws but wants to use the ones already on the books.

Obama was clear in that he wants more gun laws/ restriction on our 2nd Amendment.
Very clear.

Guess he's worried about those "clinging to their guns and bibles" still as he said.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2012, 12:09 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,603,956 times
Cool lol...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post

USS Cole clearly isnt civilian either.. Come on man, think.. I know its hard, its late.. but stop saying dumb things so easily answered.
You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Attempting to convince us military targets cannot be victims of terrorist attack because they're military assets is insane.

Old 10-17-2012, 12:11 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by new2colo View Post
He offended me. I am a Colorado voter. A registered Independent and a woman. I was sitting on the fence prior to this debate, leaning toward Obama. I am definitely voting for Obama now. Romney just seems to pander to different groups, with many mistruths, just to try to get votes. He can't even lie well because he seems to always end up blurting out how he really feels, which works against his favor with voters. How any woman could vote for this man, I don't know. He's a disgrace.
Of course you are a independent. You think that to yourself because it gives you a sense of power doesn't it.

Obama has been offending me by using racism, war on women, and dividing a nation.

Old 10-17-2012, 12:11 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,603,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by disturbia752 View Post
The President OWNED the LIAR Romney on pretty much every topic last night. I loved the question that asked about the differences between Romney and Bush, and Obama named all the ways Romney is WORSE.
That was a pretty pointed analysis. He slammed Romney.

Old 10-17-2012, 12:15 AM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jean71 View Post
I'd rather see four more of Obama. Just to see all the Republicans whine and cry as they always do because THEY couldnt elect a competent candidate.

RP2012
Jean, the people who will be crying is the people who want to work. So enjoy yourself watching all the misery. Obviously misery loves company.

Old 10-17-2012, 12:16 AM

25,573 posts, read 56,497,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by disturbia752 View Post
The President OWNED the LIAR Romney on pretty much every topic last night. I loved the question that asked about the differences between Romney and Bush, and Obama named all the ways Romney is WORSE.
LOL - what a horrible thought.

7,541 posts, read 11,579,521 times
^^^ You just listed everything the GOP has done I have never once heard Obama say any of this oh and Faux Snooze is the most creditable news organization ever your living in fairy land

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
You have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. Attempting to convince us military targets cannot be victims of terrorist attack because they're military assets is insane.

The FBI says your wrong. There are two forms of terrorism.. BOTH of them involve investigations done by the FBI and Foreign Counterintelligence Investigations.

In accordance with U.S. counterterrorism policy, the FBI considers terrorists to be criminals.

And our criminal system does NOT try those who are taking part in acts of war.. Note GITMO.. and MILITARY tribunals.. they are not tried in a court of law.
  • Domestic terrorism investigations are conducted in accordance with The Attorney General’s Guidelines on General Crimes, Racketeering Enterprise, and Terrorism Enterprise Investigations. These guidelines set forth the predication threshold and limits for investigations of U.S. persons who reside in the United States, who are not acting on behalf of a foreign power, and who may be conducting criminal activities in support of terrorist objectives.
  • International terrorism investigations are conducted in accordance with The Attorney General Guidelines for FBI Foreign Intelligence Collection and Foreign Counterintelligence Investigations. These guidelines set forth the predication level and limits for investigating U.S. persons or foreign nationals in the United States who are targeting national security interests on behalf of a foreign power.
Al Quaida isnt a person, or a foreign national.. which again by definition
foreign nationals: Any person other than a US citizen, US permanent or temporary legal resident alien, or person in US custody

Old 10-17-2012, 12:20 AM

10,553 posts, read 9,654,874 times
The offensive thing was that he didn't answer the question on equal pay for equal work.

The Republicans opposed the Ledbetter act.

And Romney has refused to say whether or not he would have have supported it --- which basically means he wouldn't have.

Old 10-17-2012, 12:21 AM

25,573 posts, read 56,497,864 times
LOL - we visit the alternate universe - the title of this thread. This board is so funny.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections