Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2012, 11:35 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Yes, you temporarily own something when you lease it, much like you own a car when you lease it, but when the lease is over, it goes back to the original owner. The Port Authority are those original owners who owned the WTC.

You must not be doing good if this is what you make a living at and you don't know what the word "lease" means. If Silverstein was the owner, they would be the owner outright, not temporarily.
A lease and a leasehold is not the same thing..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2012, 11:35 PM

12,642 posts, read 15,603,956 times
Exclamation hmm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Driller1 View Post
I saw a man, Romney who will not bow to our enemies and he will not apologise for us.

Or, whisper to other world leaders he can go long with them after the election.
Romney was put in check by the President of the United States and Commander in Chief, and he felt it.

Everyone did.

There was this mayhem, then eerie calm that felt dangerous. He suddenly realized he was talking to the Commander in Chief.

ROMNEY: I — I think interesting the president just said something which — which is that on the day after the attack he went into the Rose Garden and said that this was an act of terror.

OBAMA: That's what I said.

Old 10-16-2012, 11:37 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,340,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet
O Money has plenty of money, too...

Obama's net worth, Dec. 31, 2007: $1.3 million

Obama's net worth, Dec. 31, 2011: $11,473,336 million

Romney doe not decry the successful, Obama does.
How does returning tax rates for the wealthiest people back to what there were just 12 years ago constitute "decrying the successful"?

Ronald Reagan's administration had similar tax rates. Did he "decry the successful"?

Ken

Old 10-16-2012, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
No, I think your dog is a life, I don't think a corporation is a life. The term for person includes corporations because there was a court order to include them, so yes, technically you are correct corporations are now people in the eyes of the law....but that doesn't make a corporation a person.

Who is the corporation's? mother and father? You have parents, your dog has parents, does a corporation have parents?

Corporations are not people, but you are more than welcome to believe they are, which if that is the case, I have a beautiful bridge to sell you.
I should be billing you for my time to correct you non stop

The Southern Pacific Railroad objected to the taxes it was forced to pay in California. The railroad’s fight led to a series of Gilded Age court decisions, culminating in Santa Clara County v. Southern Pacific Railroad Co. in 1886.

In this complicated case, the issue was the power of the state and counties to tax corporate property differently than individual property. The railroads contended that they were persons under the 14th Amendment — and thus differential tax rates violated the equal protection clause of the Constitution

Read more: Opinion: But corporations are people too - Richard White - POLITICO.com

If you havent learned this in 125 years, how long do you think it will take before you catch up with the rest of society?

Old 10-16-2012, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
I'm not surprised that when you post two examples which prove your wrong, you have to resort to childish bull crap discussions about the people being unimportant..
YOU were the one who ignored the civilian deaths and and instead just focused on the property destruction. Don't blame ME for YOUR faults.

Are you HONESTLY stupid enough to simply think the Benghazi attackers didn't mean to hurt or kill the building's occupants?
Seriously?

Ken

Old 10-16-2012, 11:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
How does returning tax rates for the wealthiest people back to what there were just 12 years ago constitute "decrying the successful"?

Ronald Reagan's administration had similar tax rates. Did he "decry the successful"?

Ken
How does raising tax rates equate to 23 million more jobs, an argument Obama said tonight during the debate?

Old 10-16-2012, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
YOU were the one who ignored the civilian deaths and and instead just focused on the property destruction. Don't blame ME for YOUR faults.

Are you HONESTLY stupid enough to simply think the Benghazi attackers didn't mean to hurt or kill the building's occupants?
Seriously?

Ken
I didnt ignore the people at all, we were discussing the EMBASSIES.. One doesnt need to go any further to the individuals to know its not a terrorist attack because the embassies are not civilian in nature, and neither are the people that were in them..

Old 10-16-2012, 11:42 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,134,063 times
Romney well explained job creation....one example was energy. Lefties...check out Fort Murray up in Alberta....do you know who's running the show there and the amount of oil, including the stage and expectations....Romney can't even get into details with defending the lies and the amount of junk Obama keeps dishing out with his emotional cry baby garbage...this is about money...BTW...I know the student population really well and have worked with many many students over the years and Romney did very well here...Obama flunked out...even lefty students will zero in on that little talk....students want a job...50% job percentage after grad and Obama cannot make a suggested viable , believable plan for their future..Romney did....and all Obama can say is the deficit won't add up....Romney says yes it will with all his experience , success and expert financial overview....no way does Obama look good for the under 30 crowd after tonight....there will be a notice by the weekend in the polls...Obama is toast.

Last edited by stargazzer; 10-16-2012 at 11:59 PM..

Old 10-16-2012, 11:43 PM

3,040 posts, read 2,580,142 times
I'd rather see four more of Obama. Just to see all the Republicans whine and cry as they always do because THEY couldnt elect a competent candidate.

RP2012

Old 10-16-2012, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
How does raising tax rates equate to 23 million more jobs, an argument Obama said tonight during the debate?
Why don't you ask Obama? I never said that.
Nice try at deflection though.
Care to actually ANSWER the question I asked (which wasn't even directed at you - but since you butted in...)?

Ken
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections