Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2012, 09:06 PM

3,620 posts, read 3,837,396 times

Advertisements

CBS: Obama 37 Romney 30 Undecided: 33
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2012, 09:07 PM

6,902 posts, read 7,539,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
That comment made me laugh out loud. I'm sure that the "binder full of women" has its own Twitter page by now.

Who would have THUNK it...Willard is for Affirmative Action.

Old 10-16-2012, 09:07 PM

6,500 posts, read 6,038,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by helenejen View Post
And Obama won overall, according to the same poll:

BREAKING: CBS NEWS INSTANT POLL Who won debate? OBAMA: 37%; ROMNEY: 30%, TIE: 33% (Margin of Error: 4 pts.)

Ok. On a "debate" they think he debated well over all. Fine. But he got his ass kicked on the issue of our time. The issue of the election. The issue on everyones mind.

Old 10-16-2012, 09:08 PM

12,436 posts, read 11,952,342 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A Common Anomaly View Post
Of course you are standing way out in right field so everything looks left to you. Obama is a moderate, not a leftist. He is the least liberal candidate since WWII. Unfortunately, right wingers have moved so right into the loony bin. Anything that conflicts with their views is classified as leftist.

Our findings here echo those discussed in a prior post that Republicans have moved further to the right than Democrats to the left in the contemporary period. Indeed, as seen below, President Obama is the most moderate Democratic president since the end of World War II, while President George W. Bush was the most conservative president in the post-war era.

An Update on Political Polarization (through 2011) – Part III: The Presidential Square Wave | voteview blog
great post.

1,438 posts, read 1,146,556 times
Does anyone else find it sad that there are polls saying that the prez won and he lied with a straight face pretty much the whole time? Does that unnerve anyone else? I mean I just don't get how people can be okay with being lied to like that...

1,119 posts, read 1,371,510 times
I dont get the right. When romney won he did good and we all had to accept it. People should be more mature and just admit when mittens does not do that good.

Obama did bad in the first debate. He did great tonite.... See, i admitted Obama did bad in the past.

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtoli View Post
What makes one better than the other?
I voted 5 times in the CNN poll, I'd say somethings wrong with it..

5,450 posts, read 8,764,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
What plan does the opposition offer? Presidents don't fix economies, no matter what they might tell you. In the case of Obama, they can actually do a fair bit of damage. The best a president can do is offer an environment that improves sentiment and encourages investment from businesses, and that includes hiring. Clearly, Obama does not have this effect...
Very well said.

4,540 posts, read 2,786,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andywire View Post
What plan does the opposition offer? Presidents don't fix economies, no matter what they might tell you. In the case of Obama, they can actually do a fair bit of damage. The best a president can do is offer an environment that improves sentiment and encourages investment from businesses, and that includes hiring. Clearly, Obama does not have this effect...
I wasn't talking about the economy, I was talking about his tax plan.

12,642 posts, read 15,602,495 times
Exclamation hmm...

Romney: "The proof of whether a strategy is working or not is what the price is that you're paying at the pump. If you're paying less than you paid a year or two ago, why, then, the strategy is working. But you're paying more. When the president took office, the price of gasoline here in Nassau County was about $1.86 a gallon. Now, it's $4.00 a gallon. The price of electricity is up. If the president's energy policies are working, you're going to see the cost of energy come down."

The facts: Presidents have almost no effect on energy prices; most are set on financial exchanges around the world. When Obama took office, the world was in the grip of a financial crisis and crude prices - and gasoline prices along with them - had plummeted because world demand had collapsed. Crude oil prices have since risen even as U.S. oil production has soared in recent years because global demand is reaching new heights as the developing economies of Asia use more oil.

Other energy prices have fallen during Obama's term. Electricity prices, when adjusted for inflation, are down, and homeowners are finding it much cheaper to heat their homes with natural gas. That's because natural gas production has surged, reducing prices both for homeowners and for utilities that burn gas to generate electricity.

Businessman Romney isn't aware of how the oil markets and energy pricing works?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections