Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2012, 11:09 PM

13,814 posts, read 28,486,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwiley View Post
At first I thought it was a typo, but I have seen it too much, won does not have an e at the end.
I "wone"der if this person is living on government entitlements?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2012, 11:13 PM

46,001 posts, read 35,161,783 times
Alright, I am off to take the dog out and off to bed, been fun watching the Cons cry over the Romney loss, can't wait to see them sob when Romney loses in November.

Obama/Biden 2012!!

20,124 posts, read 16,144,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 01Snake View Post
Obama: Leading the charge of equal pay for women!!
Do as I decree not as I do.

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfkIII View Post
Maybe he means done...or gone.

Come January he'll be "done gone".

Old 10-16-2012, 11:15 PM

24,832 posts, read 37,329,809 times
I saw a man, Romney who will not bow to our enemies and he will not apologise for us.

Or, whisper to other world leaders he can go long with them after the election.

Old 10-16-2012, 11:15 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Yes, I remember the whole thing, paid close attention to it, and that was because Silverstein was leasing the buildngs, that company had a lot of money invested in it, but at the end of the day the buildings were still technically owned by the Port Authority, which is a bi-state government department.
Larry Silverstein
July 24, 2001: World Trade Center Ownership Changes Hands for the First Time

Real estate development and investment firm Silverstein Properties and real estate investment trust Westfield America Inc. finalize a deal worth $3.2 billion to purchase a 99-year lease on the World Trade Center. The agreement covers the Twin Towers, World Trade Center Buildings 4 and 5 (two nine-story office buildings), and about 425,000 square feet of retail space. [New York Times, 4/27/2001; Port Authority of New York and New Jersey, 7/24/2001; IREIzine, 7/26/2001] Westfield America Inc. will be responsible for the retail space, known as the Mall. Silverstein Properties’ lease will cover the roughly 10 million square feet of office space of the Twin Towers and Buildings 4 and 5. Silverstein Properties already owns Building 7 of the WTC, which it built in 1987. This is the only time the WTC has ever changed hands since it was opened in 1973.

99 years later ownership would have reverted back..

Silverstein Properties held a leasehold agreement, which means he paid rent for the LAND..
leasehold n. the real estate which is the subject of a lease (a written rental agreement for an extended period of time). The term is commonly used to describe improvements on real property when the improvements are built on land owned by one party which is leased for a long term (such as 99 years) to the owner of the building.

Old 10-16-2012, 11:16 PM

5,035 posts, read 9,219,847 times
Great find, Brentwoodgirl.

Old 10-16-2012, 11:17 PM

3,448 posts, read 3,131,227 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Once again, we see a democratic failure. Obama was more passionate about his views, but was ALWAYS rebutted with the fact that he had promised such measures four years ago and failed to deliver the desired results.

Obama was simply rehashing his promises of four years ago. The problem this time was that he has a record of four years of failure which could be readily recounted (and Romney did!).

Obama was more passionate and did not appear as a zombie, as he did in the first debate. However, in regard to factual responses and solutions, he was wavering and wondering, just as he was in the first debate.

It was clear that we have had an empty suit in the White House for the last four years who cannot explain what he has done or articulate what he will do differently. This was a stronger showing for Obama (one could not do any worse), but was a clear policy defeat.

The emperor has no clothes.
Well said and easy rep point on the way....the undecided voter is a thinker and obviously wondering if Obama had something in the filing cabinet besides a loud mouth speech and commercial style trigger word junk.

He's got nothing and has no knowledge of whats going on in the oil industry...that was pathetic and a very key economic player in the scheme of things. He was reaching the whole time, looking to sound knowledgeable but has nothing to argue with because he does not know or understand half of what he's talking about. The buck now stops with Obama I understand. Hmmm. Romney actually gave a bit of hope to graduating students, it sounded fairly good....Obama totally failed on everything, no doubt about it. Obama is officially in the frying pan.

69,368 posts, read 64,081,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
Yes, that is called joint filing between two people legally married. That doesn't make the household one person or a person, it just means there are people in that household.

If no one works for a corporation, is it still a person?
Corporations are LEGALLY FORMED.. You are arguing against yourself again..

And one doesnt have to be legally married to file together, I've filed with my fiance for 12 years now and we're not married..

yes, if no one works for a corporation, its still a person, they still have to file taxes..

There are tens of thousands of corporations in america without employees, I own about a dozen of them. They are holding companies for assets.

27,119 posts, read 15,300,057 times
Driller1 quote-
"I saw a man, Romney who will not bow to our enemies and he will not apologise for us.

Or, whisper to other world leaders he can go long with them after the election."

Hey! Same Presidential looking Romney I saw.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections