Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2012, 10:16 PM

1,077 posts, read 3,238,832 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Actually Romney said 47% of people wont vote for him..TRUE
More than 47% won't vote for him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2012, 10:17 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,427,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maabus1999 View Post
CNN Ohio Undecideds gave Obama 3 low points on their "like o meters" and Romney 7.
That's it the election is over!

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Romney fumbled the first question (he really rambled there) and badly fumbled on Libya. He had a great chance there and blew it. I think that he did very well on the economy and energy questions. I even think he did pretty well on immigration, which kind of surprised me. On the CNN poll, I was not too surprised by the small win to Obama but did think it would be tighter or have Romney slightly ahead. I think that fumble on Libya really hurt Romney on this debate. However, I do not think it's going to win Obama votes either. Pretty much like the VP debate; it just keeps everything at status quo with respect to national polling.
I agree with that. I didn't find either particularly impressive. Obama did much better than the first debate, and Romney was often weak with his points. His best part was about midway through when he has a chance to list a number of Obama's failures. He had the better message and plenty to attack Obama on, but didn't do great on delivery. Of course, the cow moderating the debate lied and cut Romney off numerous times and gave Obama a pass on every statement he made.

300 million plus people in this county...and it comes down to these two. We deserve whichever we get.

6,933 posts, read 8,497,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hotair2 View Post
That is a misstatement. They are "qualified" women.
I'm not going to vote for Mr. Romney, but I want to say I think he would be more inclusive than his remarks might indicate.

7,541 posts, read 11,579,521 times
The Binder comment sounds like there only picking the super hot women this is sounds truly sexist

46,001 posts, read 35,198,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
Actually Romney said 47% of people wont vote for him..TRUE

There are 47% of the public dependant upon government.. TRUE

Welfare, medicare, medicaid, child credits, social security, and MORE...

He was correct..

Not at all the same...
You must of missed the part where Romney says "these are the people" which actually connects those two comments together.

4,373 posts, read 3,230,467 times
Only the hard leaning right and ignorant fools who hate anything Obama says and does will say that this debate was a draw or that the moderator was to blame.

Face facts: just like the first debate in which Romney crushed Obama, in the second debate Obama crushed Romney. Get over it, that's how it went down, and that moment we've been waiting for happened on tonight's debate - Romney was caught lying on national television, Obama was made to look above him and this debate and proceeded to stand above it all as he put on his Commander-In-Chief hat and was admirable in doing so.

The playing field of the election has changed once again, but it's FAR too early to predict who will win. Romney still can win this - it's up to Obama and strong debates to keep this in his favor.

12,436 posts, read 11,953,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emeraldgirl View Post
Oh, please forgive me....I misspoke.
If I had millions maybe I would have a binder full of qualified women. Must be one f****ing large binder.

Old 10-16-2012, 10:18 PM

3,887 posts, read 5,750,133 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridasandy View Post
obama diverted the conversation (with crowley's help) from why there wasn't enough security on the anniversary of 9-11.

i want to know who is taking responsibility for not protecting the embassy and our citizens-hillary says she takes responsibility and obama says that he takes responsibility.

so what does that actually mean-taking responsibility?

one other thing, did everybody else notice how much obama seems like the challenger and not the president in these debates?

he seems to have a lot of idea if he is elected, but he didn't seem to have any in the last 4 years. (nor did he raise the taxes on the rich, reform wall street, change the tax code, or clawback those bonuses that he seems so desperate to want to do now-- and he has ZERO ideas on spending cuts)

except degrading our currency so we could pay more for stuff, and the government could get more revenue in a "sneaky" stealth tax.

and jamming through an obamacare tax, 2,400 pages worth that none of our congressmen actually wrote (and we all know it)
The whole election is being treated as if Obama is the challenger and not the sitting president. I do not remember a single election cycle where less was said about someone's actual record as a president then this one. Hell McCain as big an idiot as he was allowed himself to be tied to Bush's record, yet Obama is allowed to ignore his?

Old 10-16-2012, 10:18 PM

18,630 posts, read 19,427,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlife78 View Post
No, "act of terror" and "terrorist attack" mean two different things to Cons, though ignore the fact that both phrases use the word "terror."
Nice try but it's "acts of terror" as per USA.gov
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections