Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2012, 07:56 PM

3,406 posts, read 3,451,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
..and, of course, I am puzzled as to why she would be a supporter of this man. Here is someone completely out of touch with Americans who are not millionaires, and while the GOP can always play on peoples fears and prejudices to get poor white trash to vote for someone like Romney, I have no idea what this black woman was thinking.

I have to surmise she was a millionaire. If she was, she at least would be likely voting for her own financial motives, but if not, then she identifies with someone who does not give a damn about anyone other than rich, white males.

Aint America great?
Vote for racist post of the day. And i bet he has no clue why op post was racist.

Old 10-24-2012, 08:02 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,529,215 times
Why would any woman vote Republican? This is a party that wants to tell a woman what she can do with her own body. This is a party that did not support the Lily Ledbetter Act. This is a party that has Rush Limbaugh as its defacto spokesman, and all Republicans running for office must kiss his ring.

Quote:
The bill (H.R. 2831 and S. 1843) was defeated in April 2008 by Republicans in the Senate who cited the possibility of frivolous lawsuits in their opposition of the bill[9] and criticized Democrats for refusing to allow compromises.[10]
The bill was re-introduced in the 111th Congress (as H.R. 11 and S. 181) in January 2009. It passed in the House of Representatives with 247 votes in support and 171 against.[11] The vote was split along party lines, with two Republicans voting in favor (Ed Whitfield of Kentucky, Don Young of Alaska) and four Democrats voting against (Travis Childers of Mississippi, Dan Boren of Oklahoma, Allen Boyd of Florida, and Bobby Bright of Alabama). The Senate voted 72 to 23 to invoke cloture on S. 181 on January 15, 2009.[12] The Lilly Ledbetter Fair Pay Act passed the Senate, 61-36, on January 22, 2009. Those in favor included every Democratic senator, two independents who caucused with Democrats, and five Republican senators - Arlen Specter of Pennsylvania, Susan Collins and Olympia Snowe of Maine, Kay Bailey Hutchison of Texas, and Lisa Murkowski of Alaska.[13]

Old 10-24-2012, 08:03 PM

2,687 posts, read 7,411,110 times
Default wow...

Quote:
..and, of course, I am puzzled as to why she would be a supporter of this man. Here is someone completely out of touch with Americans who are not millionaires, and while the GOP can always play on peoples fears and prejudices to get poor white trash to vote for someone like Romney, I have no idea what this black woman was thinking.

I have to surmise she was a millionaire. If she was, she at least would be likely voting for her own financial motives, but if not, then she identifies with someone who does not give a damn about anyone other than rich, white males.

Aint America great?
you must be in the '47 percentile'?

Old 10-24-2012, 08:03 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,017,688 times
Quote:
Why would any woman vote Republican? This is a party that wants to tell a woman what she can do with her own body. This is a party that did not support the Lily Ledbetter Act. This is a party that has Rush Limbaugh as its defacto spokesman, and all Republicans running for office must kiss his ring.
Do you ever think for yourself - rather then regurgitate liberal talking points?

Un - be - liev - a - ble.

Old 10-24-2012, 08:06 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,978,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkeye2009 View Post
Wow-

And libs call conservatives racists! Libs (particularly black libs) feel that blacks should not be able to think for themselves and should ALWAYS vote for the democratic candidate, inspite of who that candidate may be.

By reflexively voting democratic, blacks have made themselves politically irrelevant. Dems never have to do anything for blacks, as they will vote democratic anyway. Republicans never have to do anything for blacks, as if they did, they would vote democratic anyway.

By being a group of 100% reliable democratic voters, blacks have positioned themselves to be politically irrelevant and have conditioned both parties to ignore them.
You are too right.

The time has come for the Republican party to step up and represent all people in America and let their position be known. IMO, the day will come when you can't win elections by only appealing to white people. Many blacks are looking for an alternative so the the republicans have to take responsibility for being divisive and repackage what they stand for.

Old 10-24-2012, 08:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Do you ever think for yourself - rather then regurgitate liberal talking points?

Un - be - liev - a - ble.
I'm asking why a woman would vote Republican. You are answering a question with a question.

Old 10-24-2012, 08:08 PM

29,939 posts, read 39,473,584 times
Quote:
I'm asking why a woman would vote Republican. You are answering a question with a question.
Women tend not to like liars especially males who have a grandiose sense of self and lie like there's no consequences.

So be happy your sister broke the chains of slavery, oppression and lies that you're so willing to jump off a GD cliff keep her in.

Old 10-24-2012, 08:13 PM

29,094 posts, read 26,017,688 times
Quote:
Yes - and you also begged the question - and in support of your biased schema - you submitted a laundry list of false positions that you attribute to Republicans.

I am so glad that I took a psychology class - at the time I thought that it was a bunch of hooey - but listening to the liberals on this forum validates many of the theories that I learned.

The instructor was a leftist as well - I am pretty sure - I wonder if she would be happy with my analysis - it is only the product of using methods which she taught.

Old 10-24-2012, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harrier View Post
Yes - and you also begged the question - and in support of your biased schema - you submitted a laundry list of false positions that you attribute to Republicans.

I am so glad that I took a psychology class - at the time I thought that it was a bunch of hooey - but listening to the liberals on this forum validates many of the theories that I learned.

The instructor was a leftist as well - I am pretty sure - I wonder if she would be happy with my analysis - it is only the product of using methods which she taught.

That's great, glad to hear it. Now how about answering my question: Why do women vote for Republicans?

Do they like being told what reproductive choices they can make? Do they like making less than their male counterparts in the workplace?

Surely you can use your education to explain the psychology in play. Thanks in advance.

Old 10-24-2012, 08:19 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,167,528 times
Quote:
Because I want my children and grandchildren to not be indebted tomorrow to pay for people's choices today. Because I want my children and grandchildren to inherit an America that is safe. Because I want my children and grandchildren to enjoy freedom of religion as opposed to freedom from religion. Because it's cheaper to pay $9 a month for birth control pills than $250 a month in extra insurance premiums. I don't vote with my uterus.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections