Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-24-2012, 12:54 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,450,610 times

Advertisements

If I was black, I would probably have voted for Obama. Why not? What do conservatives have to offer? Many of them seem to long for the days of segregation, if not slavery.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-24-2012, 01:09 AM

24,511 posts, read 33,312,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
What do conservatives have to offer? Many of them seem to long for the days of segregation, if not slavery.
A completely ridiculous post. Completely.

Old 11-24-2012, 01:13 AM

18,665 posts, read 19,970,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleet View Post
Actually the first quoted question was a very reasonable one. The latter sentence was hyperbole.

IMO, the OP is expecting support rather than seeking their party earning support. That is unAmerican.

Old 11-24-2012, 01:13 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Do you long for a time when the country was more like 1950 and the white male was more in control?

Quote:
Quote:
For many people, the '50s were the greatest time for them. And for the country in many way... no huge national debt, no high unemployment, didn't owe China a lot of money, most Americans were patriotic, "God" was not a dirty word, you actually learned in school, etc.

By the 1970s, both the divorce rate and unwed mothers was up quite a bit.

Like I said, there is/was good and bad in every decade.
The 50's were great for the white conservative male.....bet you miss those days.

Old 11-24-2012, 01:26 AM

7,728 posts, read 12,622,010 times
I'm conservative, black, and I thought African-Americans were stupid as hell for voting for Obama again. Black unemployment is through the roof, black neighborhoods are filled with more violence and crime, black families are even more divided and destroyed, there are more black single mothers and fathers in prison than ever and black-on-black crime is rife. 60 years of Democratic rule and not a thing has changed in the black community. It has only gotten worse. But yet they have 90% black-American support. That's called brainwash, ignorance, and decades of dependence on government welfare. What astonished me the most this election was that blacks have historically been Protestant and if you ever lived in a predominately black neighborhood or city, you've probably heard alot of homophobic comments and sentiments from them. Even after Obama announcing that he was supports gay marriage, black-American Christians still voted for this man enmasse. That convinced me that the black community is completely lost and full of ignorant brainwashed zombies who could give a care less if a man has the qualifications and record to be president. The only thing they care about is whether his skin is black, has a D in front of it, and who promises them they'll get their welfare checks.

Old 11-24-2012, 01:50 AM

46,001 posts, read 35,180,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
I'm conservative, black, and I thought African-Americans were stupid as hell for voting for Obama again. Black unemployment is through the roof, black neighborhoods are filled with more violence and crime, black families are even more divided and destroyed, there are more black single mothers and fathers in prison than ever and black-on-black crime is rife. 60 years of Democratic rule and not a thing has changed in the black community. It has only gotten worse. But yet they have 90% black-American support. That's called brainwash, ignorance, and decades of dependence on government welfare. What astonished me the most this election was that blacks have historically been Protestant and if you ever lived in a predominately black neighborhood or city, you've probably heard alot of homophobic comments and sentiments from them. Even after Obama announcing that he was supports gay marriage, black-American Christians still voted for this man enmasse. That convinced me that the black community is completely lost and full of ignorant brainwashed zombies who could give a care less if a man has the qualifications and record to be president. The only thing they care about is whether his skin is black, has a D in front of it, and who promises them they'll get their welfare checks.
Do you honestly think any political party will ever have any real positive effect within our African-American communities? Until cities and states invest in our African-American communities, investing in the schools, the jobs, and the safety of those neighborhoods, there is no president that will be able to cause any real change.

But I will say, I think the Republicans look at the black community as welfare checks and criminals while the Democrats look at them like a safe voting block that they can basically ignore until election season. Neither point of view is right.

Old 11-24-2012, 02:17 AM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frozenyo View Post
It's no suprise that conservative radio continues with the same horsepoop, spin and nonsense. Obama is the President of the United States not President of Black America. I think expanding access to funding for student loans directly helps poor under/unemployed minorities and others. Allowing kids to stay on their parents healthcare plan does the same. I think giving blacks and others a fair shot at a better education and health was a great start. A fair chance is all that anybody wants. None of that would've remained if Willard would've been elected. Lets be thankful that he's got his hands full pumping gas.

School vouchers are the only shot black kids have at a quality K-12 education, but Democrats continue to support teachers unions over the interest of the poorest black kids in the nation.

Without breaking the NEA's stranglehold on early education, whatever takes place after is at best an attempt to repair what shouldn't need to be fixed.

Sure you can fill Wayne State University with Detroit public school graduates, but they'll flunk out in mass because Democrats care more about a union than getting underprivileged kids ready for college.

At Wayne State, easy to get in, difficult to get out | Bridge Michigan

Old 11-24-2012, 02:25 AM

191 posts, read 242,551 times
If every Black person in America voted, we couldn't single-handedly elect a President. As everybody loves to point out, Blacks are only 12-13 percent of the population....so they need to direct those comments to the White population.

Old 11-24-2012, 03:29 AM

3,448 posts, read 3,132,726 times
This election was a major shift in the American culture....the progress in the country has always largely had to do with a rational mind set that if you cannot preform, the job goes somewhere else....Be it sports coach or player, retail...manufacturing , everything beats the drum for drawing out success.... Very very specifically the very high unemployment rates and the 16 trillion was very easy to understand....what happened in this election was no different and unusual then a major league baseball team loosing and loosing, fans(global investment getting ready to find another game and walking out, sheer uncertainty without even a mandate, no wins, all loss and the team stars ( Corp assets-trillions ) don't want to play ball....but the second line left decided hey....lets just ignore everything and put the crumby pitcher back in....problem is the guy and his advisors can't throw a strike and the opposing team is onto the sinker ball.....so it wasn't really the Black people that voted on Oprah junk, the whole left voted away from the known culture's tool for progress....don't worry though, things have a way of expressing themselves all on their own.

Last edited by stargazzer; 11-24-2012 at 04:14 AM..

Old 11-24-2012, 04:14 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antredd View Post
Conservative radio talk show hosts as well as some commentators on Fox News were alluding to the fact that Blacks were insane (bascially calling them dumb) for re-electing Obama for President when unemployment rates are the highest among black voters.

Even during the whole campaign and election, the Republicans were adamant about getting Obama out of office and tried to win the black vote by stating how bad off blacks are as a result of Obama's policies. How it would be just insane for blacks to reelect Obama when Rupublicans would be the answer for them.

Even if you want to look at the four previous Presidents' policies elected before Obama (three of them were Republicans), one thing that has been the same under all of those previous Presidents' administrations; blacks have typically been the highest unemployed of any group, highest group proportionately living in poverty, and the highest to need some type of government assistance. So to me and many blacks, it really doesn't matter who became president. We gonna keep getting what we have been, false promises to win our vote. At least this time, it's by someone who looks like us lying about helping our communites.
Who on FOX said blacks were dumb for voting for Obama? Obviously conservatives think voting for Obama was a mistake, just like Libs think voting for Romney was a mistake, that is what different opinions mean, but I have never heard anyone on FOX say "blacks who voted for Obama were dumb" As for talk radio, I don't listen to it except sports talk shows once in awile and maybe on a road trip.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections