Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-03-2013, 10:36 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,797,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
Oh yea? Have not seen anything concrete from the House as of yet.
don't think there has been anything: they have been on recess for the past 6 months Ok, maybe not that long, just seems like it. MY point, as it stands now, the bill seems pretty humane to me, that is what I was asking you, what more would you like to see in the bill?

Old 09-03-2013, 10:36 AM

396 posts, read 365,305 times
and by the way, the media who does these polls and ask the one sided poll questions are part of big business and corporate America. They want this bill to pass, it benefits them with cheap labor.

look at the poll question: As you may know, the U.S. Senate recently voted to pass legislation reforming the immigration system. The bill would allow illegal immigrants already in the country to become citizens after 13 years if they pay a fine and learn English. The bill would also double the number of border patrol agents, and double the amount of fencing along the Mexican border. In general, do you support or oppose this bill?"

of course the majority will support the good part of the bill, how about the part that the CBO reports that this bill will increase unemployment and lower wages. That little detail didn't make it to the poll question. Don't you think the american people should know what this bill is going to cost the taxpayers and workers in the long run?

like Obamacare, most Americans haven't read the details of this bill and the cost in the long run.......I call them low information voters and those are the ones that pollsters call to get support for a bill with a very calculated 1 sided question.

Old 09-03-2013, 10:58 AM

a point that gets ignore and why this bill is a joke:

Most illegal immigrants have no loyalty to our country or our laws......all they want is to make money by any means so they can send that money back to their country. They are not going to learn english or pay a fine or back taxes.....that is a joke, I deal with illegals everyday and they could care less about our laws and paying a fine.

Mexico will always be their country and their loyalty...........the senate is in the pocket of big business and they want this bill pass.

Old 09-03-2013, 11:05 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,302,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
don't think there has been anything: they have been on recess for the past 6 months Ok, maybe not that long, just seems like it. MY point, as it stands now, the bill seems pretty humane to me, that is what I was asking you, what more would you like to see in the bill?
We are getting off topic here. Its about what Hispanic and Asian voters want to see, and why they will not vote for a candidate that does not support what they want. So if you think Repubs can win national elections without more the 30 percent of the Hispanic or Asian vote, then so be it.

Now if we actually see a bill passed and signed into law, that allows most of the illegals to remain in the country, then the Repubs cab start making in-roads with these voters. If we do not get a bill, there are some possible Repub candidates that do support CIR, such as Paul Ryan, Chris Christie, John Huntsman and Jeb Bush so we would have to wait and see how it plays out in the primary process. By the way Mitt Romney once supported it , but flip flopped in order to win his primary.

Last edited by jazzy jeff; 09-03-2013 at 11:13 AM..

Old 09-03-2013, 11:10 AM

18,665 posts, read 19,979,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
and don't you think the new immigration bill, now in the house does address the problems in a pretty humane way? What more would you like to see in the bill?
I have been impressed by the Senate's efforts-the House would impress me by matching those efforts. I do agree, there is no improving the disasterous GOP 2012 Latino results without true immigration reform, whose goal is to be fair and humane. That would mean the Senate Bill needs to pass the House, or a bill along the same lines. Anything short locks in the 50 point Democratic Latino plurality for generations on end every bit as much as the South's turn against the Dems over Civil Rights reforms did.

That Latino plurality prevents, by itself, any true chance the GOP has for POTUS.

No humanity, no Oval Office..for the GOP. The nomination process becomes a coronation of the eventual loser for the office of the president. A lame duck nominee.

Old 09-03-2013, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
We are getting off topic here. Its about what Hispanic and Asian voters want to see, and why they will not vote for a candidate that does not support what they want. So if you think Repubs can win national elections without more the 30 percent of the Hispanic or Asian vote, then so be it.

so be it, then Republicans must control congress and the majority of the states governorships so we don't have a 1 party rule country..

If Hispanics only care about an immigration bill that will hurt the economy and only help big business with cheap labor and vote over 1 issue only then that explains why the majority of them leave in poverty with a higher unemployment than the national average.

Old 09-03-2013, 11:18 AM

humanity = amnesty?????? humanity= lower wages, cheap labor and higher unemployment?????

shouldn't we fix the economy first before we deal with this?

Old 09-03-2013, 12:43 PM

2,635 posts, read 3,512,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush71 View Post
I deal with illegals everyday...
Interesting.
Do you provide them with employment? Do you report them to immigration? Are you part of the problem or part of the solution?

Old 09-03-2013, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke_Jaguar4 View Post
Interesting.
Do you provide them with employment? Do you report them to immigration? Are you part of the problem or part of the solution?

funny comment.....I have no jurisdiction and no power to do anything......and calling immigration will solve the problem? LMAO!....I wish it was that simple making just 1 phone call.....if it was that simple we wouldn't have this problem and there wouldn't be any need for any immigration reform.

How naive can you be?

Last edited by Rush71; 09-03-2013 at 01:19 PM..

Old 09-03-2013, 02:39 PM

2,635 posts, read 3,512,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush71 View Post
funny comment.....I have no jurisdiction and no power to do anything......and calling immigration will solve the problem? LMAO!....I wish it was that simple making just 1 phone call.....if it was that simple we wouldn't have this problem and there wouldn't be any need for any immigration reform.

How naive can you be?
So you can complain loudly on some anonymous web forum, but when it comes to taking REAL ACTION you cower in your boots. You're an Internet Tough Guy .

Let me Google that for you:
HSI Tip Form
1-866-DHS-2ICE

Let us know how it goes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections