Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-22-2015, 08:05 PM

2,761 posts, read 3,429,747 times

Advertisements

If Cruize Runs against Hillary, it will take a law to get me to the ballots, and even then I will write in Vladimir Putin or Darth Vador !

Old 03-22-2015, 08:06 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,687,712 times
He's a nut, that's for sure.

At this point in the USA - pretty much anything goes. Corporations are people so they can be POTUS also. Mitt was born into a polygamous family - that can sure complicate things!

I say if you can speak the language and can get the people behind you....more power to you! Remember, the SCOTUS has now given notice (in Bush v. Gore) that THEY can decide anything....anything! They can decide that Putin is qualified if they vote it do - and who can stop them? no one.

That's where we are today. I think we all need to be more careful of who we elect....based more on who they are going to appoint to the SCOTUS than anything else. It's like the old story about whether robots will eventually control us! We created the SCOTUS - but now they have thrown away the system and appoint Presidents, decide on whether it's legal to have universal health care, tell us people are corporations, extend eminent domain to include commercial developments, etc. etc.

Old 03-22-2015, 08:09 PM

2,761 posts, read 3,429,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post

At this point in the USA - pretty much anything goes. Corporations are people so they can be POTUS also. Mitt was born into a polygamous family - that can sure complicate things!

I say if you can speak the language and can get the people behind you....more power to you! Remember, the SCOTUS has now given notice (in Bush v. Gore) that THEY can decide anything....anything! They can decide that Putin is qualified if they vote it do - and who can stop them? no one.

That's where we are today. I think we all need to be more careful of who we elect....based more on who they are going to appoint to the SCOTUS than anything else. It's like the old story about whether robots will eventually control us! We created the SCOTUS - but now they have thrown away the system and appoint Presidents, decide on whether it's legal to have universal health care, tell us people are corporations, extend eminent domain to include commercial developments, etc. etc.
Well, Rich people are more important and they should have more then just one vote each.

Old 03-22-2015, 08:10 PM

13,395 posts, read 13,517,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by apexgds View Post
Even IF President Obama were not born in the US (which I don't believe), then it would be the exact same case as Senator Cruz. Both born outside of the country to one non-citizen parent and one US citizen parent.

So basically the birthers are either going to have to start whining about Senator Cruz, or they're going to have to finally give up on President Obama.
Seriously? When did Hawaii stop being a state? It's time to get over it.

Old 03-22-2015, 08:18 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,774,514 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyGirl52 View Post
We are going global and have been for a decade at least. Im not sure it really matters - as long as you arent from another planet.
What do you mean going global. We have been global since WW2 and especially these last 20 years or so. But nationalism is the going trend worldwide and I see an end to the extreme globalism of the past although there will always be some globalism.

Old 03-22-2015, 08:20 PM

1,519 posts, read 1,774,514 times
Lets not forget that Cruz did a 180 degree turn on immigration. First saying he was against giving amnesty and then after being elected turning pro amnesty. Expect the same sort of stuff if he is ever elected. I really think that no one trusts him now.

Old 03-22-2015, 08:21 PM

8,273 posts, read 8,664,411 times
As long as 1 parent is a citizen when you are born it doesn't matter where. If the birthers say Obama was born in Kenya he would still qualify since his Mom was a US citizen. That is the first time I defended that man.

We went through something similar with Goldwater. Arizona was a territory when he was born.

Old 03-22-2015, 08:26 PM

7,541 posts, read 10,266,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post

Where did you hear that Mr. Romney's father, the late Gov. George Romney, had more than 1 wife?

He was a pretty prominent American, back in the day, I think I would have remembered that detail.

Old 03-22-2015, 08:30 PM

725 posts, read 806,197 times
Because one of his parents was born in the United States he as well as some legal scholars consider him a natural born citizen which is what the constitution requires a president be.

Old 03-22-2015, 09:06 PM

468 posts, read 583,578 times
Question what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConeyGirl52 View Post
We are going global and have been for a decade at least. Im not sure it really matters - as long as you arent from another planet.

It most certainly does matter and no, we have not been "Global" just because corporations and politicians are pushing their "global agenda." There has been a huge push back as people in EU are finding out multi-culturism is a myth and it does not work. Google it.

Citizenship matters because of LOYALTY and devotion to country. If you are not loyal to your country you can be bought by a hostile government like the Clintons who took a lot of money for their campaign from the Chinese. Now why would China be interested in funding an American politicians, because they love us so much???and want the best candidate for us??? Yeah, and I have a bridge to sell
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections