Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-25-2015, 06:16 PM

63,074 posts, read 29,269,982 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
If Trump is going to require apologists to 'translate' and 'interpret' what he actually meant, he is obviously not a good enough communicator to be president. After every speech it will be but, but, but that's not what he meant... Good luck with that. That being said, he will definitely make the election much more entertaining than if only serious candidates were running.
LOL, how many politicians in the past and including our current president and congressmen have had a slip of the tongue and made inane and unclear comments? I wouldn't vote for Trump anyway so you can stop drooling all over your keyboard thinking you have one up one me and other conservatives. Speaking of entertaining I can't wait till Hillary stammers around trying to explain her past behaviors in the debates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2015, 06:18 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,351,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Arresmillao View Post
I wonder what kind of contribution to society you make, I have a lot of respect for the mexican immigrants, that come here to do all the work that our society is not capable of doing with any degree of productivity, if we came out of the economic debacle that bush left behind, it was in a big part due to the work and effort of our illegal friends, while millions of anglos went for welfare and disability. I would trade a few of those hard working illegals for millions of useless americans that contribute nothing to society, have time to build up resentment against everybody and perpetrate acts like the massacre in charleston SC....
What B.S.! You ignore the mess that Obama has made.

You're making some pretty wild assumptions. Mexico is a hell hole. Nothing more.

Old 06-25-2015, 06:25 PM

19,893 posts, read 18,473,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
So legal Americans don't commit rape, burglary or murder?

Not the fudging point, and you know it. We have enough of our own problems, do we really need the added crimes of those people who are non law abiding people.

What would Mexico do, if Americans pulled the same crap as Mexico's illegals do. You think they would welcome us with open arms! and give Americans the benefit of the doubt, don't think so, if they would not kill them.

I know plenty about Mexico, having good friends who are from there, but had the decency to become legalized citizens.

Old 06-25-2015, 06:29 PM

12,372 posts, read 9,332,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Quote from Univision:

"The tycoon slammed migrants and promised to build a wall — and have Mexico pay for it.
“They are not our friend, believe me … When Mexico sends its people, it is not sending its best,” Trump said. “They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with them".

Grap a clue, a wall would never be built to keep legal immigrants out but illegal aliens. So he was pretty clear about what group he was talking about. Mexico sends illegal aliens who are a problem and are not the best, not legal immigrants. Legal immigrants are not bringing problems with them illegal aliens are. So no, he wasn't talking about legal immigrants from Mexico but illegal aliens. Got it yet? The "wall" was your biggest clue.
He didn't make the "wall comment" before or near after saying the following in his presidential speech. Note, he made no mention of illegal or legal. You heard the "dog whistle" but not what he actually said. The sentence is bold was the biggest insult of all, by the way:

Quote:
When do we beat Mexico at the border? They're laughing at us, at our stupidity. And now they are beating us economically. They are not our friend, believe me. But they're killing us economically.
The U.S. has become a dumping ground for everybody else's problems.
(APPLAUSE)
Thank you. It's true, and these are the best and the finest. When Mexico sends its people, they're not sending their best. They're not sending you. They're not sending you. They're sending people that have lots of problems, and they're bringing those problems with us. They're bringing drugs. They're bringing crime. They're rapists. And some, I assume, are good people.
But I speak to border guards and they tell us what we're getting. And it only makes common sense. It only makes common sense. They're sending us not the right people.
Transcript of the entire speech: Full text: Donald Trump announces a presidential bid - The Washington Post

Last edited by Wayland Woman; 06-25-2015 at 06:40 PM..

Old 06-25-2015, 06:33 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,301,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
LOL, how many politicians in the past and including our current president and congressmen have had a slip of the tongue and made inane and unclear comments? I wouldn't vote for Trump anyway so you can stop drooling all over your keyboard thinking you have one up one me and other conservatives. Speaking of entertaining I can't wait till Hillary stammers around trying to explain her past behaviors in the debates.
I stand by my comment--Trump will have to communicate what he actually means if he wants people to listen. Frankly, for someone of his stature, I am amazed at how very inarticulate he is. I don't think he could get through a hard news interview (not a Fox & Friends chat). He's been coming across very poorly in spontaneous interviews.

And actually, it really is not my intention to "one-up" anyone. What I post is my opinion. You are welcome to yours. Sorry you took it personally.

Old 06-25-2015, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
What B.S.! You ignore the mess that Obama has made.

You're making some pretty wild assumptions. Mexico is a hell hole. Nothing more.
Yes, it is BS and the person you are responding to is just a white American hater so he resorts to lies about the American worker and he sings the praises of Mexican illegals instead. Probably one of those ethnocentric racists that wants to fill our country up with Latinos even if it takes illegal immigration to do so. Absolutely, disgusting!

We don't need Mexican illegals or any other illegals for anything. We never have. There are no jobs that Americans won't do. As for crop picking there are unlimited visas for "legal", foreign crop pickers and only 3% of illegals are picking crops anyway. It's all about greed on the part of the employers not because they can't find good, hard working Americans to do the job for a fair wage. Mexicans aren't superior workers and calling any group superior is racist.

Old 06-25-2015, 06:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I stand by my comment--Trump will have to communicate what he actually means if he wants people to listen. Frankly, for someone of his stature, I am amazed at how very inarticulate he is. I don't think he could get through a hard news interview (not a Fox & Friends chat). He's been coming across very poorly in spontaneous interviews.

And actually, it really is not my intention to "one-up" anyone. What I post is my opinion. You are welcome to yours. Sorry you took it personally.
Again, many potential presidential or political candidates have done the same but because you don't like him or the GOP you ignore that. I said I wouldn't vote for him so why do you persist? I knew what he meant even though he left out the words some or many. I think you do to but since he is a Republican......

Old 06-25-2015, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
He didn't make the "wall comment" before or near after saying the following in his presidential speech. Note, he made no mention of illegal or legal. You heard the "dog whistle" but not what he actually said. The sentence is bold was the biggest insult of all, by the way:

Transcript of the entire speech: Full text: Donald Trump announces a presidential bid - The Washington Post
Why would he talk to the border patrol about "legal" immigrants?

Old 06-25-2015, 06:43 PM

9,827 posts, read 6,948,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Arresmillao View Post
I wonder what kind of contribution to society you make, I have a lot of respect for the mexican immigrants, that come here to do all the work that our society is not capable of doing with any degree of productivity, if we came out of the economic debacle that bush left behind, it was in a big part due to the work and effort of our illegal friends, while millions of anglos went for welfare and disability. I would trade a few of those hard working illegals for millions of useless americans that contribute nothing to society, have time to build up resentment against everybody and perpetrate acts like the massacre in charleston SC....
There was a time in our recent history when what you are saying about mexican illegals was true. (They are illegals, not immigrants) Todays illegals are a far cry from what they once were. As far as the financial collapse at the end of the Bush administration, illegals had little if any impact at all in our so called recovery. As to the criminal element coming across our border, if you are denying it, you are either blind or you have an agenda.. I think it is probably the later. We have enough criminals of our own. We don't need anyone elses. Come live on the border and then tell me all about it.

Old 06-25-2015, 07:13 PM

33,594 posts, read 18,223,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Perhaps you didn't hear his speech? He basically insulted Hispanics not just "illegals" which the vast majority do not support "illegal immigration".
No, Trump saying those coming over the border... illegals.. Trump also said there were some good people too.

They do commit crimes, are sent back to Mexico, come back and commit more crimes. And they do have drug cartels coming over the border bringing drugs.

Trump just tells the truth and he should tell the American people the truth! Others just ignore the problems we have here and it is getting worse.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections