Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-04-2015, 01:56 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,842,578 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sxrckr View Post
"The Help", seriously? Is this how leftists view most minorities?

Yes it is. The left thinks they are free to be racist or misogynistic because they vote democrat. Just surf the net and look at liberal forums that discuss women like Sarah Palin or Laura Bush or Mia Love or Tim Scott or Nicky Haley. You will get an eye opening education on just how racist and misogynistic the left really is.

Old 11-04-2015, 02:00 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equal-Opp. View Post
When President Obama was running for president blacks voted overwelmingly for him and Republicans swore blacks voted for him because he's black and diminished the thought maybe they he was the better candidate for them. Fast forward to Ben Carson running for president, blacks are not supporting him. Does this shut down this race card debate.
Actually there is a pretty good % of blacks that do support him, nothing like Obama though. Now, as for does this shut down the race card debate, not really. Yes, a huge number of blacks came out to support Obama, especially the first time he ran. The second time not as much. Blacks have trouble supporting black conservatives. I think, down deep you know this.

Old 11-04-2015, 02:02 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 26 days ago)

29,570 posts, read 16,556,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Actually there is a pretty good % of blacks that do support him, nothing like Obama though. Now, as for does this shut down the race card debate, not really. Yes, a huge number of blacks came out to support Obama, especially the first time he ran. The second time not as much. Blacks have trouble supporting black conservatives. I think, down deep you know this.
That is his point, it is ideological, not color.

Old 11-04-2015, 02:33 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,943,904 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
Black people were only allowed to attend Public state universities just 50 years ago, and it took 20 years for those numbers to even begin to become significant. many black kids are only the second generation of their family to go to college, where as some whites are legacies who are 5th or 6th generation

You are assuming that acknowledging the troubles of our nation is the same as calling someone stupid,it isnt and I believe you are smart enough to know that.
Many people who didn't live through the 50s and 60s, aren't aware of these things.

When I was growing up in a suburb of Boston, I never saw many Black people. My neighbor, who was White and a member of the NAACP, hosted exchange students, which was one way I met people from different races.

I've talked about this before. It's just an image from childhood that stuck in my head. I visited a friend who lived in an upscale neighborhood after her mother died, when the family was in mourning. I think I was 11 or 12, but I honestly don't remember details from over 50 years ago. Next door to her lived a Black couple, both doctors, who dropped by to pay their respects. As is customary, they arrived with some food. I remember one person asking her for a piece. She walked over and he took some food off of the plate. Then 2 or 3 other people began asking and she politely served them. They assumed she was the maid!

My point is that, in order for a Black family to live in a home in an upscale neighborhood, they had to be better educated and have more money than their White neighbors and, when they finally made it, people automatically assumed they were the hired help. By the way, that was not my neighborhood. We couldn't afford to live there! It was a very progressive, liberal city too, but that's just the way things were in the 60s.

Old 11-04-2015, 03:12 PM

Quote:
A Started out as a volunteer, became an intern, and then an official community organizer with in the party. I have never heard a single member of the party hold the black community or myself to a lower standard.

That isnt what "they" think. they realize, that the actual numbers say black people have a lower car ownership rate, and that shutting down the the DMV across 5 or so counties means the closest place is more than 2 hours away in one direction and would cause you to lose a days pay just to get there and back.

No, they think racism and legacies exist, which are both true and barriers to entry to college.

Black people were only allowed to attend Public state universities just 50 years ago, and it took 20 years for those numbers to even begin to become significant. many black kids are only the second generation of their family to go to college, where as some whites are legacies who are 5th or 6th generation

You are assuming that acknowledging the troubles of our nation is the same as calling someone stupid,it isnt and I believe you are smart enough to know that.

No one is denying the legacy of racism in this country. But, there are people that use that legacy as a cudgel on modern society as a means to instill a continued sense of victimhood and create an atmosphere of divisiveness and distrust among people of different color. Even the whole "diversity" movement is centered around a term that implies division and different. The fact that the left gives lip service to the history of the civil rights struggle, does not mean they have a real desire to see change, in my experience they merely use it for their own political purposes.

Ever read Vision of the Anointed by Thomas Sowell? He explains this phenomenon brilliantly.

Old 11-04-2015, 03:24 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 26 days ago)

29,570 posts, read 16,556,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
No one is denying the legacy of racism in this country. But, there are people that use that legacy as a cudgel on modern society as a means to instill a continued sense of victimhood and create an atmosphere of divisiveness and distrust among people of different color. Even the whole "diversity" movement is centered around a term that implies division and different. The fact that the left gives lip service to the history of the civil rights struggle, does not mean they have a real desire to see change, in my experience they merely use it for their own political purposes.

Ever read Vision of the Anointed by Thomas Sowell? He explains this phenomenon brilliantly.
And there in lies the problem, because many on the left would see your post as the exact same thing, creating divisiveness and distrust, simply from the opposite side of the aisle.

in your post, you are basically saying Democrats are manipulating black people, others are claiming that black people who vote Democratic dont have common sense. You dont see that as divisive ????

Also, diversity does not mean division. Different yes, and different is not a bad thing.

And no, I dont read Thomas Sowell.

Old 11-04-2015, 05:29 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,221,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roaddog View Post
I just have to come back to this.

First off I care less how you vote and said nothing about it.

Hope and Change, do you remember that? well if they are not voting to make their lives better what is it you think? They hope for change that will make their lives worst? You are kidding right?

It doesn't matter if your life has gotten better or not it's not all about you.

Vote for who you want because that is what voting is about.

You really laid down on this one, took a simple statement and tried to project a bunch of junk into it, you are slipping.
When I vote, yes...OT is all about me..

The only projecting I did was tell the truth. That's why you came back. I hit a nerve.

Old 11-04-2015, 05:45 PM

11,466 posts, read 19,357,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertdetroiter View Post
When I vote, yes...OT is all about me..

The only projecting I did was tell the truth. That's why you came back. I hit a nerve.
Nope you missed by a mile but you believe whatever makes you feel better about it. Must be interesting in your world.

Old 11-04-2015, 05:49 PM

Quote:
And there in lies the problem, because many on the left would see your post as the exact same thing, creating divisiveness and distrust, simply from the opposite side of the aisle.

in your post, you are basically saying Democrats are manipulating black people, others are claiming that black people who vote Democratic dont have common sense. You dont see that as divisive ????

Also, diversity does not mean division. Different yes, and different is not a bad thing.

And no, I dont read Thomas Sowell.
Diversity from Latin diversitatem (nominative diversitas) "contrariety, contradiction, disagreement;"

How is it being divisive to state the truth. The fact that it upsets people doesn't make it divisive.

This has been an underlying strategy of the left since the 1960's.

The Weight of the Poor: A Strategy to End Poverty | Common Dreams | Breaking News & Views for the Progressive Community

This is the playbook of the left and exactly what Democrat politicians still think today:

Second, there are discontinuities in the relationship between the urban party apparatus and its ghetto constituents which have so far remained unexposed but which a welfare crisis would force into view. The ghetto vote has been growing rapidly and has so far returned overwhelming Democratic majorities. Nevertheless, this voting bloc is not fully integrated in the party apparatus, either through the representation of its leaders or the accommodation of its interests.

Recent federal reforms have been impelled in part by widespread unrest in the ghetto, and instances of more aggressive Negro demands. But despite these signs that the ghetto vote may become less reliable in the future, there has been as yet no serious threat of massive defection. The national party has therefore not put much pressure on its urban branches to accommodate the minority poor. The resulting reforms have consequently been quite modest (e.g., the war against poverty, with its emphasis on the "involvement of the poor," is an effort to make the urban party apparatus somewhat more accommodating).

By contrast, legislative measures to provide direct income to the poor would permit national Democratic leaden to cultivate ghetto constituencies without unduly antagonizing other urban groups, as is the case when the battle lines are drawn over schools, housing or jobs.

And those seeking new ways to engage the Negro politically should remember that public resources have always been the fuel for low-income urban political organization. If organizers can deliver millions of dollars in cash benefits to the ghetto masses, it seems reasonable to expect that the masses will deliver their loyalties to their benefactors. At least, they have always done so in the past.

Democrat POLITICIANS DO manipulate black people, and for the very reasons listed about.

Perhaps you should read Thomas Sowell.

Old 11-04-2015, 06:05 PM

14,683 posts, read 14,659,278 times
No different from Republican politicians who reward lobbyists and rich political donors with deregulation and tax breaks worth millions (billions). What most black people know is there is a party who believes in social reform and fighting for the working man, and one which looks to take away personal freedoms, while simultaneously destroying social programs and increasing prison sentences which usually affect either them or someone in their family. Republicans talk about "pulling yourself up by the bootstraps" but remove the means to do so. Working class black & brown people have it figured out, but many working class whites still don't...mainly due to fear-mongering (manipulation) by the right.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections