Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2015, 12:27 PM

3,826 posts, read 3,388,167 times

Advertisements

Ben Carson never said he was accepted to West Point. He never applied. There is no lie from Carson.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2015, 12:28 PM

3,830 posts, read 4,663,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Carson has backtracked on a claim in his book that he was accepted into West Point AND with a full scholarship. The bull**** keeps piling up.

Ben Carson admits fabricating West Point scholarship - POLITICO
Yeah this guy is a complete tool.

Old 11-06-2015, 12:35 PM

15,355 posts, read 12,651,768 times
He lied... it happens. Good politicians can weather the storm and move forward. The problem with Carson is his claim to fame was challenging Obama at a prayer breakfast.

He struck while the iron was hot and I don't blame him. I would never donate or back him for President though, he is far too inexperienced.

Old 11-06-2015, 12:42 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,465,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
Ben Carson never said he was accepted to West Point. He never applied. There is no lie from Carson.
It's right there in black and white in his book.

Old 11-06-2015, 12:50 PM

7,578 posts, read 5,326,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
Don't let this keep you up at night. Carson will not be the nominee. Unlike the democrats, the GOP rarely elevates a proven liar to political office, much less the highest office in the land.
No they wait until they are President, Richard Nixon, George W. Bush anyone?

Old 11-06-2015, 12:52 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,445,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
It wasn't?

He's listed as "author", but at this point in time, who knows?
That's not even the book in question.

Old 11-06-2015, 12:54 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,445,026 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
It's right there in black and white in his book.
No it isn't. Here is the transcript:

Quote:
At the end of my twelfth grade I marched at the head of the Memorial Day parade. I felt so proud, my chest bursting with ribbons and braids of every kind. To make it more wonderful, We had important visitors that day. Two soldiers who had won the Congressional Medal of Honor in Viet Nam were present. More exciting to me, General William Westmoreland (very prominent in the Viet Nam war) attended with an impressive entourage. Afterward, Sgt. Hunt introduced me to General Westmoreland, and I had dinner with him and the Congressional Medal winners. Later I was offered a full scholarship to West Point. I didn’t refuse the scholarship outright, but I let them know that a military career wasn’t where I saw myself going.

No, Ben Carson Didn't Lie About West Point. It's Another Media Hit Job - Fox Nation

He never said he applied and got accepted.

Old 11-06-2015, 12:56 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,840,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWiseWino View Post
No they wait until they are President, Richard Nixon, George W. Bush anyone?

You left Bill Clinton and Barack Obama off that list. And, if you actually read what I said, I made clear that the lies were known out in the public realm and the democrats elect their candidates anyway.

Old 11-06-2015, 12:58 PM

2,798 posts, read 2,990,718 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
No it isn't. Here is the transcript:

[/i]

No, Ben Carson Didn't Lie About West Point. It's Another Media Hit Job - Fox Nation

He never said he applied and got accepted.
He said he was offered a scholarship to West Point, which doesn't offer scholarships.

Old 11-06-2015, 01:00 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,840,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scratchie View Post
You do know that Secretary Clinton was a US Senator for six years and Secretary of State for four, right?

And what, besides letting 4 Americans, including our Ambassador, die in Benghazi, did Hilary Clinton accomplish? What legislation did she author and shepherd through Congress. What great peace alliance did she broker? What warring factions did she bring to the table? What new stream of economic growth did she create because of her skillful interaction with foreign nations?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections