Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2016, 04:15 PM

12,716 posts, read 7,815,064 times

Advertisements

If the GOP would stop alienating minorities, LGBT, and young people, this might be possible, but any of the GOP candidates running today won't carry much outside of the South. The electoral map will likely look like McCain vs Obama in 2008.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2016, 04:26 PM

7,840 posts, read 9,204,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Thomas View Post
I've been saying this for some time

Donald can win by a landslide and he even has a chance to win CA and NY.

He means jobs and opportunity and minorities would vote for him big time.

It's about the mechanics of the economy

Economist: GOP may win 47 states in general election | TheHill
The guy who foisted supply side economics on the country! ROTFLMAO! I would say he should stick with what he knows but apparently he doesn't know economics very well.

Old 01-12-2016, 05:00 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,110,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
If the GOP would stop alienating minorities, LGBT, and young people, this might be possible, but any of the GOP candidates running today won't carry much outside of the South. The electoral map will likely look like McCain vs Obama in 2008.
That's my prediction as well. I am a conservative and my party has gone so far down the drain pandering to ignorance, bigotry, nativism, and conspiracy theories that it is unlikely we will win the White House anytime soon. We will not win the White House unless we get a good 40-45% of the Hispanic vote (you know, like George W Bush did in 2004) and there's no way Trump or Cruz could pull that off. Rubio probably could though, sadly we would rather be the party of rural White resentment instead of building a winning coalition for a 21st Century America that is no longer 90% White and where 2/3 of voters have nothing beyond a high school diploma. Angry old White people with a high school diploma no longer represent what our nation looks like.

Old 01-12-2016, 05:03 PM

1,549 posts, read 1,063,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Thomas View Post
I've been saying this for some time

Donald can win by a landslide and he even has a chance to win CA and NY.

He means jobs and opportunity and minorities would vote for him big time.

It's about the mechanics of the economy

Economist: GOP may win 47 states in general election | TheHill
Ted Cruz could do it, too, if he were the last one standing in the Republican primary. Look, Reagan pulled it off with at least that many. Don't at all be surprised to see even blue states vote 50 to 60 percent Republican in November. New York? Maybe. Cali? Not so sure.

Old 01-12-2016, 05:23 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,269,029 times
Arthur Laffer predicts? He predicted we would all be flying high with supply-side and tax cuts for the wealthy. Didn't George Bush try that? That worked out well.

This is why there are all those 'angry GOP voters' to begin with. They listened to these ridiculous predictions and then lose.

Laffer’s Laughable Prediction

Old 01-12-2016, 05:29 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
This is one of those threads that is going to be embarrassing for the OP come November.

Old 01-12-2016, 05:40 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,333,807 times
Quote:
Unlikely. People won't be voting for the GOP...they'll be voting for Trump.

Old 01-12-2016, 05:43 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times
Quote:
I don't think so.

In the last 4 years. Democrats have lost everything except the Presidency. More than 1000 DNC politicians have been sent home. This will be repeated in in 2016 when they lose that too.

Old 01-12-2016, 06:55 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,957,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
That's my prediction as well. I am a conservative and my party has gone so far down the drain pandering to ignorance, bigotry, nativism, and conspiracy theories that it is unlikely we will win the White House anytime soon. We will not win the White House unless we get a good 40-45% of the Hispanic vote (you know, like George W Bush did in 2004) and there's no way Trump or Cruz could pull that off. Rubio probably could though, sadly we would rather be the party of rural White resentment instead of building a winning coalition for a 21st Century America that is no longer 90% White and where 2/3 of voters have nothing beyond a high school diploma. Angry old White people with a high school diploma no longer represent what our nation looks like.
We've heard your ridiculous schtick enough. Did you change your handle from borrego_kid?

Old 01-12-2016, 08:24 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,110,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
We've heard your ridiculous schtick enough. Did you change your handle from borrego_kid?
I look forward to seeing what you have to say on when we wake up on November 9th 2016 to President-Elect ****lery Rotten Clinton and incoming Senate Majority Leader Chuckles Schumer.

The nation has changed, we have got to adapt and change our tune to meet this reality. We need to stop being the rock in a river hopelessly standing against the ever oncoming current. We need to be the current, the force of true change. We need to take our conservative message of limited government, individual liberty, and free market principles to bring about real change. We cannot be angry, vindictive, bigoted, and ignorant. We cannot go around telling people how much we hate their culture, how much we want to deport their grandmother, how they are welfare leeches, how they are lazy, how their religion is un-American, how they are un-American, etc.

People like Paul Ryan, Jeb Bush, Marco Rubio, and the late Jack Kemp are the future of the Republican Party in the 21st Century United States.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections