Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Agree With Trump's Decision to Skip Fox Debate
Yes - MSM is worthless 54 26.21%
No - Trump should participate 33 16.02%
Doesn't matter, He Will Win Election 55 26.70%
Good Riddance 64 31.07%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2016, 07:18 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,027,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I wouldn't call her a bimbo but I'm really disappointed with Megan Kelly and to me it seemed she was trying to eliminate Trump from the race during that first question so he would be DONE!

Now she is at scrutiny and so far it is Trump climbing in the polls so who is winning this so far.

Fox made a stupid move to even put her there.

The statement is even more scary that Fox brought out as it is also a the same time a news channel using Putin, etc. to bash Trump while forgetting Putin is a leader and they shouldn't use him for their benefit as that can be dangerous.

It shows Fox news is starting to become a loser ad I was a huge Fox News fan but have been turned away to CNN more and more due to Fox News bashing as for example Megan mostly has anti Trump people on her show.
Here's the key to the whole deal. Fox put Kelly in there precisely because of what happened the first time around.
They KNEW it would generate controversy and hopefully higher ratings, most certainly more sound bites and more publicity for Kelly's show.
What they didn't expect to happen was Trump to say "see ya" and not participate.
I think these so-called "debates" have become nothing more than a dog and pony show. Let me know when an actual debate happens and I'll watch.

Old 01-27-2016, 07:19 AM

658 posts, read 1,143,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetsRock View Post
She cannot hold a candle to Hannity, O'Reilly, Baer, etc.

She leads the viewer count in 24-54 which is what sells ads on TV

Quote:
Megyn Kelly may have taken a 10 day vacation during the month of August, but her Fox News show, The Kelly File, still emerged victorious as the most-watched cable news show in the 25-54 demo with an average of 566K viewers. The O’Reilly Factor came in second place with 541K in the demo and Hannity was third with 444K.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 01-27-2016 at 07:44 AM.. Reason: off topic

Old 01-27-2016, 07:20 AM

21,481 posts, read 10,588,412 times
I am getting tired of the name calling. At this point it seems like Trump is the kid who wants to test his bounderies and see what he can get away with. Either that or he loves the accolades from the campaign but doesn't really want to run the country.

Meghan Kelley was not unfair to him in that first debate, and who can blame her for questioning whether he's ready to be president on her show after he called her a talentless bimbo who was on her period after that debate? All he has done is remind me of that incident. It's not like Kelley is a news anchor. She has an opinion show, and she has the right to discuss candidates and their qualifications for running.

Last edited by Ibginnie; 01-27-2016 at 07:47 AM.. Reason: off topic

Old 01-27-2016, 07:23 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,668,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
From Tuesday night just prior to primetime news (yesterday), you and everyone else, will be talking about Donald Trump until Iowa votes. Should the candidates use their precious debate time to rag on Donald Trump, all day Friday everyone will be talking about Donald Trump, not them. Saturday is the day people are least likely to watch TV and the people who watch Sunday morning news shows are the type of people who have already made up their mind about their vote. In effect, Trump will have Hoovered all of the air time since Tuesday evening until the day Iowa votes.

One person is aware of the above. That person is Ted Cruz which is why he immediately challenged Trump to a one on one debate. He needs the attention to focus on him and the only way he will get it is to once again ski in Trump's wake before Iowa votes. Trump should come right out and expose what Cruz is really up to when he refuses to take the bait. I noticed when Cruz threw down the gauntlet he made sure to add that he wanted it to happen before Iowa.

Now for those who don't pay close attention to Trump's speeches and interviews, he tells people over and over again, that when you negotiate you put your have to have item on the table first and if they say "Absolutely not," you get up from the table and walk away. He says the tactic is mentioned in Art of The Deal. He has talked about it frequently when campaigning and in interviews when discussing the Iran deal and the hostages. He said Kerry should have said, we get our hostages first or no negotiating. This business with Fox News is Trump doing exactly what he says he does when negotiating in business.
Great post LauraC !!!!

Right on the money. This country is going to be great again and the Donald is demonstrating how that starts.

Old 01-27-2016, 07:26 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,173,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Logic of "Trump Patrol"
  • Trump goes to CNN Debate - "Trump is a Quitter"
  • Trump doesn't go to FOX Debate - "Trump is a Quitter"
Logic of "Trump Patrol"
Trump threatens not to participate in a (______) debate unless (______). - Trump is acting like an immature child and trying to bully people in an attempt to get his way.

Old 01-27-2016, 07:31 AM

Default Fox News purposely sets up controversy with Trump for ratings

So here we are, we are at an interesting cross roads with this so-called debate issue.
In the first go round Kelly tossed out a question that had nothing really to do with a presidential debate and it created a firestorm that resulted in Kelly taking some time off to supposedly recover from the abuse.

I firmly believe that Fox purposely put Kelly on the debate stage expecting to garner more eyes from people wanting to see the new car crash. It has nothing to do with her abilities as a moderator, it has more to do with ratings and generating buzz.
What they didn't expect was Trump to say "I'm not going to play" and go to battle with them.

The big question people should ask themselves is "who the heck elected Fox News or any other news org as the ones to crown the next leader of our country".

The next question one should ask is "when will the debates happen"? There hasn't really been one as of yet, it's just been a bunch of people insulting each other, talking heads constantly asking each candidate "this person said this about you, what do you say" and other inane,silly questions like that.

This election cycle has become completely about ENTERTAINMENT and not about actual policy debate.

Old 01-27-2016, 07:31 AM

16,569 posts, read 15,287,522 times
My new take on this whole affair is that Trump ALL the candidates to the kiddy table all by himself. No complicated formulas needed. This is the last thing Cruz wanted. Everybody is going to go after Cruz now.

Old 01-27-2016, 07:33 AM

Default When will the debates start?

The better question is "when will there be an actual debate about policy" instead of the he-said-she-said crap we've being fed?

Old 01-27-2016, 07:34 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,558,965 times
Lightbulb Fox News purposely sets up controversy with Trump for ratings

Without Trump, this Fox "debate" will be boring and unwatchable.

My prediction: if Trump doesn't attend, their ratings will drop.

Old 01-27-2016, 07:35 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,976,359 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
After he decided he wouldn't participate in the next debte? I'm just curious.
According to his Twitter and Instagram account some did. Some are dissapointed and hurt.

Trump will probably not be getting new voters. This incident made him look weak.

I was actually surprised how upset he looked yesterday. He was being very rude to the reporters in that press conference. I thought he was just fatigued and got bored and changed the channel when he started bashing Megyn Kelly. Then I checked this board and read he wasn't going to the debate.

Obviously he is not gonna lose his most loyal fans but I think that was a stupid emotional move that has the potential of hurting him more than help him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections