Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Agree With Trump's Decision to Skip Fox Debate
Yes - MSM is worthless 54 26.21%
No - Trump should participate 33 16.02%
Doesn't matter, He Will Win Election 55 26.70%
Good Riddance 64 31.07%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2016, 10:57 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,468,462 times

Advertisements

Today: Rush Limbaugh is providing all kinds of excuses on Trumpf's behalf. He's maintained that he has no dog in this fight but day after day he provides rationale for Trumpf's actions.

Says Fox is out to derail Trump - as it tried with Kelly's first question regarding Trumpf's misogyny (Rosie O'Donnell answer).

Old 01-27-2016, 10:58 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,082,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
I never saw a coward standing up for their own believes as cowards go and hide!

Trump will grant everyone an interview regardless of their political standings as long as they are fair and he would be stupid to go into something and wait to be slaughtered by unfairness which a stupid person would do. it shows me he has character!
Yes, it absolutely does show his character. It shows that unless he can dictate the terms, he will not talk to anyone. How well do you think that would work with Putin or Xi Jinping or any other world leader?

He labeled anyone who refused to debate as a coward. We can only take him at his own words and conclude that he himself is a coward. He's the one who said it.

Old 01-27-2016, 10:59 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,664,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Hey, at least without that divisive, 'know-nothing' loudmouth up there, the candidates will finally be able to discuss the real issues!
Yeah and we still won't hear anything different than what they have been saying for the last six debates.

Old 01-27-2016, 11:14 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,232,912 times
If anyone doesn't see why Trump is doing this, you are very naïve. We are extremely vulnerable if we don't have a media that holds the political class accountable for their actions. Right now we don't. If it goes on any longer, we are screwed.

This is larger than Trump not showing up for a debate. I think it's time to end the incestuous relationship between the media and political class. Fox does not hide the fact that they play favoritism, and it isn't Trump. It's not fair and balanced news coverage as they claim.

It's interesting to see all the new recruits of Fox news, though. Liberal and Establishment Republicans finally have something to bring them together; their hatred for Trump.

Old 01-27-2016, 11:24 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,728,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlearts View Post
I figure, its all the more room for the others to get a word in. I'm a Kasich supporter, so I don't care if Trump is there or not.
I am glad that Fox is not being manipulated by Trump.
Not being manipulated?

Would Trump is rendering Fox irrelevant be better?

Old 01-27-2016, 11:26 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,173,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
If anyone doesn't see why Trump is doing this, you are very naïve. We are extremely vulnerable if we don't have a media that holds the political class accountable for their actions. Right now we don't. If it goes on any longer, we are screwed.

This is larger than Trump not showing up for a debate. I think it's time to end the incestuous relationship between the media and political class.
I agree that there is an issue when the media doesn't do it's job, asking the tough question and making sure everyone is aware of politicians' actions and words. Their failure to live up to the mission of the 4th estate is largely responsible for the current White House occupant. Yet, you are cheering on a politician, which is what he is seeing as how he is running for an elected office, that blatantly is trying to manipulate the media.

Trump is nothing but a coward. I'm not sure if he's afraid of Kelly's questions or whatever ammo Ted Cruz has ready to lob at him. Yes, it is bigger than this debate, it is a sign that underneath all the bluster and bluff, Trump is a weakling.

Old 01-27-2016, 11:29 AM

5,381 posts, read 2,842,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerJAX View Post
It was actually a smart move on his part. Fox was going to do a hit job on him for a couple of reasons, and every single candidate was going to go after him. Now the rest of the field can eat each other alive and crow about a guy who isn't on stage, while Donald has the cameras on him shaking hands with wounded veterans. Trump 2 - Fox 0

FYI the first Fox debate was fairly amateurish and just a notch about that (C?)NBC one. Out of all the debates that I've seen the CNN "Commander in Chief" debate was by far the best.

Barack Obama and Donald Trump. Both bash Fox News Network. When it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck....just sayin'.

Old 01-27-2016, 11:29 AM

4,301 posts, read 4,411,375 times
He loves to dish it out, but throws a tantrum when it is done to him. What an *****.

Last edited by Bulldawg82; 01-27-2016 at 12:14 PM..

Old 01-27-2016, 11:30 AM

7,413 posts, read 6,232,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I agree that there is an issue when the media doesn't do it's job, asking the tough question and making sure everyone is aware of politicians' actions and words. Their failure to live up to the mission of the 4th estate is largely responsible for the current White House occupant. Yet, you are cheering on a politician, which is what he is seeing as how he is running for an elected office, that blatantly is trying to manipulate the media.

Trump is nothing but a coward. I'm not sure if he's afraid of Kelly's questions or whatever ammo Ted Cruz has ready to lob at him. Yes, it is bigger than this debate, it is a sign that underneath all the bluster and bluff, Trump is a weakling.
I think it's the other way around. The media is used to manipulating politics and have gotten away with it. They can't manipulate Trump and are having a fit.

I don't think he's scared; this is a move that takes courage right before the Iowa caucus.

Old 01-27-2016, 11:31 AM

4,412 posts, read 3,961,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
Says Fox is out to derail Trump - as it tried with Kelly's first question regarding Trump's misogyny (Rosie O'Donnell answer).
I hope lightning doesn't strike me for saying this, but Rush is right... About this.

But FOX and the rest of the Republican party have brought this on themselves. You can't spend the better part of 30 years screaming about how government is bad, politicians are bad, the mainstream doesn't get your truth, and then be surprised when your audience pics someone who isn't a mainstream politician.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections