Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Agree With Trump's Decision to Skip Fox Debate
Yes - MSM is worthless 54 26.21%
No - Trump should participate 33 16.02%
Doesn't matter, He Will Win Election 55 26.70%
Good Riddance 64 31.07%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2016, 11:31 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,468,462 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
If anyone doesn't see why Trump is doing this, you are very naïve.
I'd give other politicians the benefit of the doubt that they knew what they were doing, but Trumpf can't provide an explanation that shows a high level of thought. His response was that he was butt-hurt over a tweet by an underling at Faux:

We learned from a secret back channel that the Ayatollah and Putin both intend to treat Donald Trump unfairly when they meet with him if he becomes president — a nefarious source tells us that Trump has his own secret plan to replace the Cabinet with his Twitter followers to see if he should even go to those meetings.

Trumpf always let insults get the best of him and responds in kind. He doesn't function at high intellectual level to make it about taking a stand against the media.

Old 01-27-2016, 11:31 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,084,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by daylux View Post
I think it's the other way around. The media is used to manipulating politics and have gotten away with it. They can't manipulate Trump and are having a fit.

I don't think he's scared; this is a move that takes courage right before the Iowa caucus.
Yeah, avoiding a debate in which you may be called on to answer tough questions sure takes courage.

Old 01-27-2016, 11:32 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,529,721 times
I really think Trump, always the pitchman, only wanted the bully pulpit to air out his political views and promote himself. I think he's scared that he might actually have ignited a grassroots popularity, and could win the nomination, a place he never expected to be. So now, he has to find a way of wiggling out of it without losing face.

52,430 posts, read 26,654,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaymondChandlerLives View Post
Give the Trumpettes credit--the more ridiculous and cartoonish their candidate looks, the more they prop him up as a political genius. This will also be spun as a brilliant PR victory for him.
PR victory? You Betcha. Even his detractors, such as yourself can't stop talking about him. Best PR a candidate for President could ever hope to get.

37,803 posts, read 41,036,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Meghan Kelley was not unfair to him in that first debate,
Yes, she was. Think of her like an attorney in a courtroom. She was testifying. In a court room there would have been an objection and it would have been sustained by the judge. She should just ask the flippin' question, not tell a story that eventually leads to one.

Old 01-27-2016, 11:33 AM

27,798 posts, read 32,468,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowtired14 View Post
I really think Trump, always the pitchman, only wanted the bully pulpit to air out his political views and promote himself. I think he's scared that he might actually have ignited a grassroots popularity, and could win the nomination, a place he never expected to be. So now, he has to find a way of wiggling out of it without losing face.
true, but every time he pulls a bonehead move (ie Palin), his polls don't suffer......what's he to do, shoot someone on 5th Ave?

Old 01-27-2016, 11:35 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,529,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BucFan View Post
true, but every time he pulls a bonehead move (ie Palin), his polls don't suffer......what's he to do, shoot someone on 5th Ave?
Nah, it looks like that wouldn't work either.

Old 01-27-2016, 11:37 AM

8,440 posts, read 13,446,156 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
I agree that there is an issue when the media doesn't do it's job, asking the tough question and making sure everyone is aware of politicians' actions and words. Their failure to live up to the mission of the 4th estate is largely responsible for the current White House occupant. Yet, you are cheering on a politician, which is what he is seeing as how he is running for an elected office, that blatantly is trying to manipulate the media.

Trump is nothing but a coward. I'm not sure if he's afraid of Kelly's questions or whatever ammo Ted Cruz has ready to lob at him. Yes, it is bigger than this debate, it is a sign that underneath all the bluster and bluff, Trump is a weakling.
I agree with much of what you wrote, Oldhag. My guess is Fox will do fine in the ratings., What I really despise is the drama, and that isn't Fox, that is Trump.

I, for one, long for his absence at a debate. Others would be able to address issues longer and without the level of personal attacks. I wonder if Fox can move another candidate in to the debate, which would make Trump spew more on Twitter, or just leave his place empty.

This impulsive decision of his may be a blessing in disguise. Iowa and NH voters may think a bit more whether he could to attend world meetings because someone asks tough questions. I'm going to watch now. WTG M. Kelly, you are the one person seems to fear

MSR

Old 01-27-2016, 11:38 AM

7,542 posts, read 11,580,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhipperSnapper 88 View Post
My theory is that he is laying the groundwork to drop out of the GOP claiming is has been treated unfairly, run as an independent, and lose.

All on purpose.

He doesn't want this gig, probably never did. Even he can't believe that the idiots that worship him seem to have no limit on how far they'll go to support him.
Would not surprise me he loses Iowa to Cruz or Rubio and drops out of the race the next day

Old 01-27-2016, 11:38 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,173,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowtired14 View Post
I think your theory might be on the money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections