Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do You Agree With Trump's Decision to Skip Fox Debate
Yes - MSM is worthless 54 26.21%
No - Trump should participate 33 16.02%
Doesn't matter, He Will Win Election 55 26.70%
Good Riddance 64 31.07%
Voters: 206. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2016, 11:41 AM

8,440 posts, read 13,446,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
Would not surprise me he loses Iowa to Cruz or Rubio and drops out of the race the next day
Agree 100%. Iowa voters have been through this more than Trump.

MSR

Old 01-27-2016, 11:42 AM

9,828 posts, read 9,423,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
PR victory? You Betcha. Even his detractors, such as yourself can't stop talking about him. Best PR a candidate for President could ever hope to get.
Poor logic. Polarizing figures often work magic at the "box office" (eg: Floyd Mayweather, Kanye West, Charlie Sheen), but they rarely make much of a dent in the political arena.

Old 01-27-2016, 11:46 AM

4,814 posts, read 3,846,589 times
Hilarious Tweet by Ted Cruz. The fact of the matter is that Donald Trump is afraid of another debate with his chief rival before Monday. He isn't afraid of Fox or Megyn, he doesn't want to face Ted.

Ted Cruz ‏Tweets: Donald Trump, trembling at being questioned by Megyn Kelly, channels Monty Python:

Hahahahaha!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8IkbCeZ9to&app=desktop

Old 01-27-2016, 11:48 AM

52,430 posts, read 26,648,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Sure. So is Trump.
Fair enough. Nothing wrong with holding that opinion if it applies to all who don't want debate.

This makes Trump, Hillary, Sanders, & what's his name cowards.

Rest of the GOP field are not cowards.

Old 01-27-2016, 11:51 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,975,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJboutit View Post
Would not surprise me he loses Iowa to Cruz or Rubio and drops out of the race the next day
Nah, he is in South Carolina today

Maybe he realized he is going to lose Iowa to Cruz, Trump is a sore loser and has attacked Iowans several times:

Quote:
Oct 22, 2015 - After a new poll showed him losing his lead in Iowa to Ben Carson, a thin- skinned Trump unleashes his fury. ... him losing: “Too much Monsanto in the corn creates issues in the brain”.
Donald Trump just tweeted what about Iowa corn?

Old 01-27-2016, 11:52 AM

12,350 posts, read 9,728,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asgardian View Post
If I were Trump, I'd still show up and take it and let the people see how he is treated. That he can rough it when needed.

His followers could care less. He could take a leak on them and they would think it was great.
  • But it isn't needed
  • It would not produce any desired result
  • It would reward Fox when they deserve punishment
  • Millions of us who support Trump want to see Fox punished
  • Fox has been the enemy of the people throughout this entire campaign
  • Did I mention that Fox deserves punishment?

Old 01-27-2016, 11:53 AM

33,572 posts, read 18,177,840 times
I supported Ross Perot but when he backed out he lost some supporters . It didn't bother me but some it did't go well. Trump may come out better but I don' t like it after seeing what happened to Perot. Trump my have more cards than he is showing.

Old 01-27-2016, 11:54 AM

5,940 posts, read 3,574,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
There is no legitimate reason for him to do that. She was asking him about his previous comments and conduct, which any reasonable and objective person will realize is an appropriate topic of questions to ask any presidential candidate.

Except Barack Obama, of course.

Please, Save as the BS. She thought she saw an opportunity to gain her reputation by trying to get Trump in a "Gotcha" moment and it blew up in her face. He was the one with the "Gotcha" moment and if you looked at her face and response, she realized exactly what had happened. Any fool also noticed she did not pull those kind of questions an anyone else either. She failed, she knew it, and she will wear that the rest of her days. He has effectively stopped her from ever becoming a Great anything. She went down in flames. So spin it any way you like.

Old 01-27-2016, 11:59 AM

5,381 posts, read 2,842,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Chris Matthews reacts to news that Donald Trump will not appear at Thursday's FOX News debate, the last debate before the Iowa caucus.

"Who is going to watch a debate between the two Cuban guys?" Matthews said on Tuesday's edition of MSNBC's Hardball. "Who is going to watch a debate between Rubio, Marco Rubio and Ted Cruz. Who cares? You know they've been fighting in this inter league fight over who is the hawkish guy or whatever. Who is going to watch that?"

Chris Matthews on Debate Without Trump: "Who Is Going To Watch A Debate Between Two Cuban Guys?" | Video | RealClearPolitics

I was watching CNN all night since they covered Trump live talking to the Press and with Sheriff Joe who endorsed Trump. There was this female Republican Strategist on Don Lemon's show, whose name I can't remember this morning (and who needs to learn how to modulate her voice - she sounds like Joy Behar) with Bob Beckel and 2 other guys, one who was a Trump supporter and the other who was a pragmatic lawyer. She said something like "CNN shouldn't cover the Trump event" and they all spontaneously laughed out loud at her in unison.

CNN or any other network is not allowed to cover the event (understandable) so the idea of Trump having an alternate event in the same time slot must have made the CNN business manager do cartwheels.

You all realize of course, that Trump's decision not to do the debate doesn't just hurt Fox News. The other candidates may be dreaming of 20 million eyeballs and ears on them but now may get half that amount listening to what they say. That's the real reason Cruz challenged Trump to a debate. He's got the most to lose. Trump should tell Cruz he's on to him.
Ah yes, the enlightened left. Chris Matthews, the same guy that said, "I forgot Barack Obama was black for an hour."

Matthews: I Forgot Obama Was Black Video - ABC News

I don't think Cruz is all that worried about Trump's stunt.

Byron York: Trump debate dodge fuels doubts, boosts Cruz | Washington Examiner

Old 01-27-2016, 12:03 PM

5,940 posts, read 3,574,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Yes, it absolutely does show his character. It shows that unless he can dictate the terms, he will not talk to anyone. How well do you think that would work with Putin or Xi Jinping or any other world leader?

So you think Kelly is just as important on a World Scale as Putin or the Leader of another Country? That's Hilarious. She is a "Nobody" and if she vanished off the face of the Earth, no one would notice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections