Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2016, 10:23 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,426,253 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruhms View Post
lol you cna't quantify the content
Of course you can. Read them. If the content says "I proclaim today national brums day", it is soft content. If it says "Illegal aliens get special treatment", it's not so soft.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2016, 11:02 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,045,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowledgeiskey View Post
Please answer. Since when has America become a monarchy?
I can take a crack at the wall question. Since he's going to make Mexico pay for it, he doesn't have to ask Congress for money so no grunting, dodging and weaving from the lying Capitol Hill jokers. The building part he can take care of in his sleep. It's going to be a really high one, he has promised. It's going to be YUGE!

I think The Wall could be a great tourist attraction on both sides of the border, if handled creatively/artistically. It could be The Wall National Park on our side. Not sure how Mexico names its parks.

Old 02-11-2016, 11:16 PM

7,785 posts, read 6,400,524 times
If the law was enforced, E-Verify would block them from jobs and they would have no reason to stay here.

Old 02-11-2016, 11:57 PM

1,250 posts, read 1,490,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
Of course you can. Read them. If the content says "I proclaim today national brums day", it is soft content. If it says "Illegal aliens get special treatment", it's not so soft.
that's all relative

Old 02-12-2016, 01:15 AM

13,307 posts, read 7,879,354 times
Default How is Donald Trump going to"build a wall" . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mircea View Post
As Chief Executive and Chief Diplomat, the President, and only the President of the United States has the authority to abrogate a treaty.

Trump, as president, need only to declare NAFTA null and void.

That's just how easy it is.

As far as a border wall, that's a matter of regulations. As you can see....

...the US government already has a fence, and all it takes is an Executive Order to change the parameters from a fence to a wall.
Wall?

How about a dam?

Dams make money!

Dam the flow!

Old 02-12-2016, 04:59 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,242,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
Didnt Congress already approve a wall?
They never funded it.

Old 02-12-2016, 06:18 AM

59,185 posts, read 27,371,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Obama has issued fewer Executive Orders than the last 20 Presidents.
"Obama has issued fewer Executive Orders than the last 20 Presidents."

The same old deflection.

1. It is NOT the AMOUNT but, what they DO!

2. I suggest you look up Executive MEMORANDUMS.

You won't make yourself look so uninformed and foolish.

Last edited by Quick Enough; 02-12-2016 at 06:37 AM..

Old 02-12-2016, 06:27 AM

[quote=Ellis Bell;42977900]He doesn't have to worry about keeping his promise, not that he ever would.

What we know about illegal immigration from Mexico | Pew Research Center

I read an article that said, more were leaving the U.S. than coming in ... if this trend keeps up people will have to find something else to be outraged about. The issues are endless, so I doubt there will be a problem there.

Seriously though the politicians running for POTUS they have these stats.

I have always wondered, where do these numbers come from?

Did Pew go out and find them?

How were they counted?

If we can count them, then it should be a no brainier that we know who they are.

If we know who they are, it should be easy to arrest and deport them.

"if this trend keeps up people will have to find something else to be outraged about"

IMO, a silly statement.

They are leaving because they CANNOT find work.

When the economy recovers, it hasn't yet, unless we improve our ways of keeping them out, they will just come back in the same way they came in the first time.

I believe there is a story where one illegal killed a girl in Ca. and he had been deported several times.

Why was it so easy for him to get back in?

Old 02-12-2016, 06:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Then why is it even an issue? They should be gone by the election.

You are also talking Mexicans I assume? The Mexican immigration rate has been net zero since 2009. Let Trump know that, ok?

Trump is not predicting self-deportation like Romney did. Trump is promising to round people up and deport them. They get hearings. His fans are eating it up--isn't this half his campaign?
"You are also talking Mexicans I assume?"

Why would you even MAKE an assumption like that?

There are illegals from all over the world coming in through Mexico.

I "assume" you think that just because they come through Mexico, that they are Mexicans.

Old 02-12-2016, 07:18 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,565,921 times
Default How is Donald Trump going to"build a wall" and end free trade when he becomes president?

when he becomes president...

Let's don't get too far ahead of ourselves.

And the Donald has been very evasive in explaining how he'd get almost any of his big ideas implemented. He keeps saying vague things about making favorable deals that apparently no one else has the ability to close.

But he does make broad sweeping statements that appeal to lots of folks. He is, after all, an entertainer.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections