Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2016, 10:19 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,298,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugah Ray View Post
Never EVER, not even in some alternate universe will Donald Trump get the Latino vote.

He needs the white vote, and not all whites will support his ignorant a..
True, but if he can't win the minority vote, and he's the least likely Pub to improve on Romney's minority numbers, he has to have an overwhelming share of the non-Hispanic white vote. His strength is with white non-college (blue collar) voters, but in order to win he'll need more support than he's shown thus far among white college grads.

Old 02-22-2016, 10:23 AM

8,069 posts, read 6,975,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
True, but if he can't win the minority vote, and he's the least likely Pub to improve on Romney's minority numbers, he has to have an overwhelming share of the non-Hispanic white vote. His strength is with white non-college (blue collar) voters, but in order to win he'll need more support than he's shown thus far among white college grads.
Maybe that's why he is trying this "I didn't support the war on Iraq" formula? After he said he will bomb the fields and bomb the s.. Out of them.

Educated white people are not usually motivated by immigration talk. He needs something else to motivate them.

Old 02-22-2016, 10:24 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I have a feeling about Rubio. I think there's a story there. Waiting to see if it plays out but he needs to get the nomination first. Otherwise, I think it's going to be the gold-gilded Trump, the voice of the middle class.
Rubio is the best bet. I think Cruz and Trump gets the R states but not enough of the purple states to win. Why because of resentment. I'm not pro Hillary but I can hold my nose with her over just about anyone besides maybe Rubio.

Old 02-22-2016, 10:46 AM

6,617 posts, read 5,014,844 times
If Trump wins the nomination, will the so-called establishment voters vote for Trump? If I am a GOP voter and I think Trump is toxic, I dont know that i would vote for 8 years of Trump over 4 of Hillary, if Trump wins the general even if he turns out to be totally clueless he will still run in 2020 assuring a democrat in the WH for the next 8, or do I let Trump get trounced in the General election of 2016 by not voting or voting Democrat just so that my party re-centers for 2020, thats an interesting proposition if you are a GOP voter but dont support Trump which is currently >60% of GOP voters.

Old 02-22-2016, 10:56 AM

7,982 posts, read 4,291,201 times
Quote:
Never EVER, not even in some alternate universe will Donald Trump get the Latino vote.

He needs the white vote, and not all whites will support his ignorant a..

People seem to forget there are a LOT of whites who are democrat or lean democrat. And there are a lot of white republicans who will not vote for this clown.

If Trump is the candidate, Hillary might win all states except maybe the Bible Belt because they just love his Bible knowlegde. It's his favorite book after all
I confidently agree with this projection.

Old 02-22-2016, 12:00 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,298,736 times
Quote:
Maybe that's why he is trying this "I didn't support the war on Iraq" formula? After he said he will bomb the fields and bomb the s.. Out of them.

Educated white people are not usually motivated by immigration talk. He needs something else to motivate them.
True. It would make more sense that a winning Trump coalition including blue collar workers across the board, minority as well as non-Hispanic whites, but it's hard to get that broad based a coalition when you're retweeting white supremacist talking points. I can't see either thing happening;(1) attracting a broad enough based white coalition (including improved percentages of white college grads over Romney) to offset poor showings among the minority groups or (2) a broad based, colorblind, multi-racial and multi-ethnic blue collar/working class coalition winning a majority.

Old 02-22-2016, 12:21 PM

5,998 posts, read 3,736,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Sadly, too many Hillary supporters are deluded about her electability. She is getting absolutely crushed among independents and young voters against her opponent, especially in general election swing states, and she doesnt have the hispanic vote either. Her firewall of African Americans are LESS enthusiastic about her than they were with Obama so she cant count on record numbers coming out to vote for her in that group either. Nevertheless, her supporters think she is an excellent general election candidate who can re-create some type of Obama coalition. Forgive them, they dont know what they are doing.
Do you honestly think that someone who was inclined to vote for Sanders is going to give their vote to any of the Republican candidates? They'll fall over themselves to vote for Hillary if she gets the nomination.

Old 02-22-2016, 12:25 PM

2,535 posts, read 3,103,423 times
from the O.P.:

" and the defection of union and black voters to the GOP,...."

What planet are you living on?

Old 02-22-2016, 12:28 PM

8,069 posts, read 6,975,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenstyle View Post
from the O.P.:

" and the defection of union and black voters to the GOP,...."

What planet are you living on?
Trumpland. A place where millions of minorities will join the GOP to support Trump.

Old 02-22-2016, 12:33 PM

5,998 posts, read 3,736,669 times
Quote:
Trumpland. A place where millions of minorities will join the GOP to support Trump.
Yes IF he gets the nomination. That's a really big "if". I don't think the republicans will give it to him even if he gets the numbers in the primaries. He'll have to go independent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections