Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2016, 05:01 PM

23,766 posts, read 29,074,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Trump has backtracked - only charge the doctor not the woman.

"If Congress were to pass legislation making abortion illegal and the federal courts upheld this legislation, or any state were permitted to ban abortion under state and federal law, the doctor or any other person performing this illegal act upon a woman would be held legally responsible, not the woman. The woman is a victim in this case as is the life in her womb. My position has not changed — like Ronald Reagan, I am pro-life with exceptions."

On Abortion, Trump Upsets Both Sides With 'Punishment' Comments : NPR
LOL, his stuporters will likely find his re positioning charming and endearing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2016, 05:03 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,120,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DewDropInn View Post
Yup. Donny managed to get too close to the edge trying to wing it. Trump got pressed and he said something especially idiotic. That's obviously a statement written by his handlers. Their job is to save the candidate from himself.

Next up: Trump will say Chris Matthews is a bully. He's got to blame someone since he never takes responsibility for what comes out of his mouth.
This is what I'd be focusing on.
He is unable to answer a simple question - And when pressed, he falters, badly.

Old 03-30-2016, 05:03 PM

1,540 posts, read 1,125,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldhag1 View Post
Uhm.... It is that excusing of the sperm donor when you are prepared to punish the woman that is infuriating.

Well, the woman is the one going to get the abortion not the man....He will just claim that he wanted the child....

Old 03-30-2016, 05:11 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,471,721 times
Pro-lifers - explain how abortion is murder but you don't want to charge the woman who seeks out and gets the abortion.

Old 03-30-2016, 05:15 PM

39,080 posts, read 51,252,674 times
Quote:
I find answers from the top of a candidate's head highly enlightening, and probably more accurate of their true feelings. A president has to make split second decisions at times and needs to be capable of saying I will need to get back with on questions they need to take time to consider. This is something we have seen in Trump before, Trump confidentially answering and then realizing it was a bad answer so then publishing his newly evolved answer.

Trump did manage to pull off a pretty impressive trick, he ticked off the pro-life and pro choice people all at the same time.
I don't think that was the case today though. If I had to wager on it, I would wager that Trump is not opposed to abortion, at least in the early stages, and certainly does not think women should be punished for seeking one. Trump was simply trying his best to act conservative and pander to the religious right after seeing Cruz jump past him in the polls in Wisconsin.

Old 03-30-2016, 05:23 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,271,773 times
Fact: 70% of the women in the US do not like Trump. 50% of Republican woman don't like him.

First he defends his thug campaign manager for manhandling a woman journalist, saying she is lucky Trump is not pressing charges against her.

Then he idiotically states that women should be punished for having an abortion. So he loses another 10%.

This guy is not going to win anything. There are not enough angry white men in the world to elect this moron.

I think he is the biggest a-hole to ever run for president. He's an idiot! Bye-bye Trump--go home to mommy, as Trump would moronically say.

Old 03-30-2016, 05:23 PM

2,366 posts, read 2,641,414 times
"If you had to choose between a Ferrari and a bus pass, what you would choose?" I don't know I haven't been presented with the option.

Old 03-30-2016, 06:07 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,135,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
He also said that abortion should be banned as in make it illegal so he could then punish any woman who gets one. Three hours later he walked back that statement to say the woman is a victim and shouldn't be punished. Tomorrow he'll change it back again. He's unhinged and not fit to be a president of anything but the Rotary Club.
Presidential views on abortion is meaningless given the Supreme Court has already decided it.

Its nothing but left wing kooks who continue to make it an issue for "points"...

Old 03-30-2016, 06:07 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,541,024 times
Quote:
Who would have thought Ted Cruz would be the rational one on this subject? Sure would suck to be a woman of childbearing years in Trump's America.

About every other day I say to myself that Trump can't get any worse, and he proves me wrong every time.
I swear I am beginning to wonder if he even wants to be President at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
You're correct. To the best of my knowledge there has never has been a time when a woman was prosecuted for having an illegal abortion; the abortion provider yes, but never the woman. To do so would probably be a first in this country.
Nope. It happens today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
LOL. Hillary must be paying this guy to stay in the race and win the Republican nomination. It's the only possible explanation.
His ego is too massive to play second fiddle to a woman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
He also said that abortion should be banned as in make it illegal so he could then punish any woman who gets one. Three hours later he walked back that statement to say the woman is a victim and shouldn't be punished. Tomorrow he'll change it back again. He's unhinged and not fit to be a president of anything but the Rotary Club.
That is exactly what he said.

Old 03-30-2016, 06:12 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,664,869 times
Kasich said the same thing in essence. His word was restrictions. Restricting something is a punishment or brings about an action if restriction is violated. If there is no consequence to breaking a restriction then it's meaningless to restrict something.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections