Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-30-2016, 02:56 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,378,033 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
The spin! It just keeps going...

Did you even watch the video? Or did you just cut and paste what suits your agenda?

He was asked IF it were illegal, would there need to be punishment.

Trump asked Matthews what he meant, did Matthews mean jail time?

Matthews did not answer that question. He kept hounding Trump, which on this particular issue, I get that, and I would expect it for all candidates.

In the end, Trump stated that there should be some punishment (IF it were illegal), but that could not say what that punishment would be, because it's a serious issue. So he's not just going to fly off and blurt something out to appease people, he would take the time to consider what it should be IF it were ever illegal....which you can all calm down, it's not going to be illegal and you know it.

If something is illegal, and there's no punishment...what sense would that make?

"Murder is illegal, but we're not going to do a thing to you if you murder someone." Seriously, people, get a grip.
So what "punishment" would befall the male partner in that scenario? Nothing? What's next, Trump? "Honor killings?"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-30-2016, 02:57 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,556,787 times
he is so out of his league, it's not funny anymore.

Old 03-30-2016, 03:01 PM

7,740 posts, read 5,523,369 times
what a POS

Old 03-30-2016, 03:03 PM

1,020 posts, read 1,378,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beach Sportsfan View Post
LOL. Hillary must be paying this guy to stay in the race and win the Republican nomination. It's the only possible explanation.
I have theorized that Trump is a DNC secret operative.

Old 03-30-2016, 03:06 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,761,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
He didn't say that.
????

Well, I get that Trump is often not exactly clear on this on this, so it's kinda hard to figure out where he's actually coming from - but yes, he has said that he is pro-life and thinks that Planned Parenthood should receive no federal funding as long as it provides abortions, even though he acknowledges that abortions are only 3% of PP's services. Right now, he is apparently supporting a federal ban on abortions after 20 weeks, a time which many consider too early to detect some fetal defects.

Donald Trump on Abortion
What President Donald Trump would do, according to Donald Trump | MSNBC

(I looked for stories published before the current uproar)

Old 03-30-2016, 03:08 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,717,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thedirtypirate View Post
what a POS
Leave Hildabeast out of this.

Old 03-30-2016, 03:09 PM

20,126 posts, read 16,170,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Isn't Cruz the one that believes that the IUD should be eliminated since it stops a fertilized egg from being transplanted onto the uterus? Yes, Ted Cruz There is a movement of evangelical Christians and they are hoping to move into all positions and turn the country into a Christian theocracy, their kind of wacked out cult religion. I suggest anyone that is considering voting for this con man Cruz better understand what you are endorsing. That cult religion would take over your life. I am sure I don't need to explain what cults do.
That link is not Ted Cruz's statement or offical position, it is some pundit's interpretation of what Cruz would do based on who he has decided Cruz's "allies" are. Provide proof CRUZ said this. I won't hold my breath because, like the other "shocking veiws" you have attributed to Cruz, none exists.

Quote:
The news person was being unfair with Trump.
What, because the reporter asked him questions about his future policies? Sheesh, no wonder he's scared of that lady on FOX. If he can't adequately deal with a reporter asking questions he doesn't want to answer, how is he going to make all those great deals?

Quote:
I say all of this believing that abortion is stopping the heartbeat of innocent individual, a violation of "Thou shalt not kill." I believe that those who end innocent lives will reap what they have sowed and not fare well on Judgement Day. God gave us free will and Ted Cruz wants to take it away.
Apparently, Donald J. Trump does too, along with the woman's freedom from being persecuted for it if she gets desperate.

Old 03-30-2016, 03:10 PM

7,740 posts, read 5,523,369 times
They retracted his statement. They say he misspoke and takes it back:

https://twitter.com/NBCNightlyNews/s...930049/photo/1

Old 03-30-2016, 03:13 PM

892 posts, read 861,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
...but a man involved in the decision shouldn't be.
I'm a bit confused here.

If it's "illegal" that usually means there will be a punishment. Or should we not enforce the law?

A man cannot force a woman to get an abortion, just as he cannot force a woman to keep the unborn child, so even if he's encouraging he's not breaking the law, the woman is by getting an illegal abortion and I guess the person giving her an abortion is also breaking the law.

So your 'beef' is the legality/illegality' of abortions, Trump just said a truism. If you break the law = you get punished.

Sorry if someone already pointed out the obvious.

Old 03-30-2016, 03:14 PM

25,619 posts, read 36,717,554 times
Chomp, chomp, chomp.

Suckers, keep lapping it up.

You Anti-Trumpers can win for losing against him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections