Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2016, 01:42 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,939,159 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Had the Republicans had a stronger field (most OVERRATED group ever) - Trump would have been defeated. Instead you had Graham, Huckabee, Cruz, and Jindal just to name a few.
The Dem field ain't real good, either. Otherwise Hillary would've been blown OUT months ago.

Old 06-05-2016, 01:46 PM

22,527 posts, read 12,075,102 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Had the Republicans had a stronger field (most OVERRATED group ever) - Trump would have been defeated. Instead you had Graham, Huckabee, Cruz, and Jindal just to name a few.
You don't get it. People are fed up with politicians on both sides of the aisle who are in the pockets of their mega-rich donors and thus put said donors ahead of their constituents. There's an elaborate dance going on here. Politicians make namby-pamby PC speeches with vague promises to fix this and that. In the end, nothing happens because the mega-rich donors wants come first and foremost. When nothing gets done, both sides play the game of pointing fingers at each other.

Anyone in whatever "stronger field" you envision would be just more of the same BS over and over again.

Trump appeals to those of us who recognize that the system is rotten and corrupt and in desperate need of change. On the democrat side, you have Bernie who wants similar change---that's why it hasn't been a cakewalk to the nomination for Hillary.

Old 06-05-2016, 03:14 PM

7,676 posts, read 8,762,743 times
I'm convinced that even if she's in coma or even dead, her fans would still prefer putting her in the Oval Office. At least they'll be able to have a historical picture taken of a female president of the U.S., and many of them will be able to say, finally, that they have seen a woman president in their lifetime. Oh, and any other women don't count as women. Only Hillary Clinton should be the first female president, regardless if she's a liar, corrupted, criminal, incapacitated, lifeless...

Old 06-05-2016, 03:22 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,490,335 times
So will she now use the "I'm mentally challenged!" defense if she's indicted then?

And since she's a woman and if she is "mentally challenged", does this now give her the right via the rule of law to get in front of the line to be president?

Only in the new america.....only in the new america.....

Old 06-05-2016, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Trump: "I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters."

And the cult cheered.
It's what he said. In Clinton's case, it's how her fans actually behaved all along.

Old 06-05-2016, 03:47 PM

2,007 posts, read 1,278,920 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
That's NOT good for ANYBODY running for POTUS, especially a person pushing 70
Hard to tell whether getting the job will kill her or the job itself will.

In any event, Hillary is more concerned with winning the presidency than her own life itself. Nothing would make her happier than winning the office of the president, taking her portrait in the oval office and looking around and saying to herself " President Hillary Clinton, first female president of the United States of America". She could croak right afterwards and it would not matter too much to her. She is that fixated on getting into the White House.

Old 06-05-2016, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Trump supporters cheered supporting a cold-blooded murder--it's how his fans actually behaved--and you are all indignant about what you assume Clinton supporters would do?

Funny!
Just in case you don't know, I am a Bernie supporter. I didn't pay so much attention to Trump's supporters.

That said, we are talking about Clinton. Apparently, Hillary Clinton's supporters have to resort to dragging in another candidate they deemed as a greater evil for comparison in response to any negative opinions about their Clinton. They know their Clinton is an evil. They just want to claim that she's not the greatest evil (which many disagree), and therefore she should be elected.

Old 06-05-2016, 04:19 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,490,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmountains View Post
Just in case you don't know, I am a Bernie supporter. I didn't pay so much attention to Trump's supporters.

That said, we are talking about Clinton. Apparently, Hillary Clinton's supporters have to resort to dragging in another candidate they deemed as a greater evil for comparison in response to any negative opinions about their Clinton. They know their Clinton is an evil. They just want to claim that she's not the greatest evil (which many disagree), and therefore she should be elected.
Very true, best of the worst mentality is sure prevalent in this country.

btw, I wish bernie the best of luck in CA and really hope he wins. While I'm not a bernie supporter I think he brings up some good points that are long overdue that much of the herd has been asleep on(the bought off nature of politics, the nonsense/unfairness of selecting the nominee).

Old 06-05-2016, 04:57 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,922,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
OMG call 911, she's unfit to serve!
You got that right, for so very many reasons...

Old 06-05-2016, 07:57 PM

4,504 posts, read 3,043,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Since there were no facts, just opinions, I'm disputing the relevance of the sources giving their opinions. A medical student is not an MD nor can a doctor state any facts that apply specifically to a person they've never examined, and if they did have direct contact, they'd be violating HIPAA.
Then how to you explain the plethora of people with medical training of some sort or another babbling and spewing on TV all the time? Zika...Ebola...babble babble babble, yet not a single one of them has hands-on with any afflicted patients.

It doesn't take a medical degree to see Hillary has gone soft in the head. I just hope her ultimate collapse is televised.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections