Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-07-2016, 06:07 AM

13,753 posts, read 8,004,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeIsGood01 View Post
Saw a national poll this morning.

Clinton 44%
Trump 40%.
If we're going to cherry pick the IBD/TIPP poll which has been the most accurate poll in recent presidential elections has Trump up by two in a four-way race..

Old 11-07-2016, 06:20 AM

225 posts, read 191,690 times
I guess Hillary will win, in a rigged election. And I predict some sort of collapse in Russia during Hillary Clinton's mandate too. Sort of like what happened to the Soviet Union.

Old 11-07-2016, 06:42 AM

39,078 posts, read 51,239,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post
If we're going to cherry pick the IBD/TIPP poll which has been the most accurate poll in recent presidential elections has Trump up by two in a four-way race..
No need to cherry pick Clinton polls. The aggregators are sea of blue.

Old 11-07-2016, 06:43 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,707,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xboxmas View Post
Liberals are ALWAYS going on about how Georgia is a swing state and how South Carolina and Texas will turn blue in the next few elections.
I cannot talk to the matter of SC or TX, but GA is going to turn Blue. Not this year, surely, and probably not by 2020, but perhaps by 2024. I'm glad that I'll (probably) still be alive to see it.

Of course, it may not actually happen (though not for the reasons you probably believe): It is possible that both the Republicans and Democrats will turn sharply left during that time. That would turn Hillary Clinton, as she is today, into a Republican, representing half of America, and would place Bernie Sanders squarely in the center of the Democratic Party (instead of at its far-left fringe), representing the other half of the country. Given that I'm a Hillary Clinton supporter, I suppose that would make me a Republican in 2024 (or whenever) and would probably mean a lot of my compatriots would similarly have to switch parties to maintain our current left-center perspective (left-center vis a vis today's parameters). That would, of course, mean that Georgia would remain Red - it just won't be the racist, sexist, xenophobic, homophobic, Islamophobic, greed-centric, money-grubbing, callous and uncaring Red that we have today. Instead it would be a new Red that looks remarkably like today's Blue.

There's precedent for this, though it is hard to see amid all the even more disruptive changes to the political parties over the centuries. It probably happened in the 20th century, but at the same time we had the whole thing with the Dixiecrats following racism over to the Republican Party after LBJ signed civil rights legislation into law. That was such a major impact that trying to read past that impact to see a more subtle shift to the left by both parties would be impossible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04kL4nD View Post
You must hang out with some pretty uniformed liberals, because I've never seen such claims. This honestly sounds like something you're just making up.
He's not making it up. It's real. Like I said I cannot talk about SC or TX, but for GA, it's real.

This web page helps explain why it is the case: http://censusviewer.com/state/GA

Old 11-07-2016, 06:48 AM

17,344 posts, read 11,285,635 times
Quote:
Yup, Trump widened his lead to 2 points above Clinton in this poll. He's also up 5 over Clinton in the LA Times poll which everyone either loves or hates.

Old 11-07-2016, 06:57 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joao View Post
I guess Hillary will win, in a rigged election. And I predict some sort of collapse in Russia during Hillary Clinton's mandate too. Sort of like what happened to the Soviet Union.
Oh, for crying to loud, the election is not rigged.

Trump is just saying this. Just like he says a lot of things, 75% - 90% of which are "factually inaccurate." (i.e. lies).

Maybe he is talking about the Republicans trying to rig the election through voter suppression efforts. Fortunately, judges are slapping those efforts down.

Russia is on the edge of a financial collapse. Oil is their main export and with the price way down and nations becoming energy independent, their economy is tanking. Putin is doing what he can to take over other nations' resources.

Old 11-07-2016, 07:03 AM
bUU

12,074 posts, read 10,707,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joao View Post
I guess Hillary will win, in a rigged election.
Given how much this election has been rigged in Trump's favor, by Director Comey's irresponsible errors, by Russian hacking at Trump's urging, etc., it is quite remarkable that Hillary Clinton will will despite that.

Old 11-07-2016, 07:04 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,284,457 times
Quote:
Except it hasn't been the most accurate. Which people need to stop saying.

Old 11-07-2016, 07:07 AM

14,204 posts, read 12,284,457 times
Rasmussen has her up 2. So it seems that they are converging on a 2-4 point race. Which of course can be off depending on how election day turns out.

Old 11-07-2016, 07:10 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~HecateWhisperCat~ View Post
Rasmussen has her up 2. So it seems that they are converging on a 2-4 point race. Which of course can be off depending on how election day turns out.
We might see a lot of converging today as pollster do what they can to set themselves up as accurate.

Future contracts depend on it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections