Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: After hearing Kaine/Pence, who won?
Kaine 37 19.58%
Pence 132 69.84%
Equal 15 7.94%
No idea 5 2.65%
Voters: 189. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2016, 09:28 PM

1,300 posts, read 1,042,983 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
This election kinda sounds like 2008, but the other way. Many of us; Repub AND Dem, voted for Obama cause we were scared of Palin being 1 heartbeat away from the White House. In 2016 Pence may help carry Trump OVER Hillary and Kaine.
I seriously doubt it. The only thing Pence showed tonight is that he wouldn't take a bullet for Trump and everytime the moderator or Kaine asked him about something regarding his running mate, he RARELY stepped up and tried to defend or explain Trump's positions and his comments. Instead he stepped aside and let Trump get hit again and again while Kaine did the opposite and stepped up for Hillary and defended her and her record. That's how awesome Pence was, that he chose to keep his suit clean rather than step into the crap storm and go to bat for Trump. >_>

And lets not even try and say that if Pence runs next time for president that he'll have a CHANCE IN HELL of winning just based on his positions on abortion and LGBT rights alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I agree Pence did well, on the other hand Kaine interrupted 16 times!
And I'm sure you were EXTREMELY angry and disappointed in Trump when he interrupted Hillary CONSTANTLY in their debate am I right?

Old 10-04-2016, 09:28 PM

7,413 posts, read 6,230,000 times
Pence won.

Old 10-04-2016, 09:29 PM

592 posts, read 502,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
We value style over substance or Trump would not be the R nominee.
It will be interesting to go through Pence / Trump differences.

25,580 posts, read 56,488,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewbieHere View Post
At the end of the day, Hilary has health issue, do you want somebody like Kaine to be taken over. NOT in a million years.
Let's reverse that. At the end of the day, do you want an unhinged nutjob Donald Trump as President for the entire four years because he doesn't experience health problems? I don't.

I'm voting for the top of the ticket, not VP.

That said, I agree, Kaine was jerk tonight, the little I saw of him. I can.not.stand. rude people who interrupt - like Trump did w/Hillary. And, from what little I saw, Kaine, tonight, was just as RUDE and OBNOXIOUS. He should have learned from last week. WTH was wrong with him?

4,668 posts, read 3,900,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
Hahaha funny review of the moderators performance at:

Elaine Quijano Won the Vice Presidential Debate of 2016
I think she did a good job, but when candidates attack each other, they should be given time to respond. There was one time in particular when Pence and Kaine were going back and forth with attacks and she kept interrupting. Just let them finish what they were discussing and move on. The candidates need time to defend against attacks from the opponent, and she didn't always allow that. But for the most part she did a good job.

Old 10-04-2016, 09:31 PM

20,160 posts, read 12,763,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post
Let's reverse that. At the end of the day, do you want an unhinged nutjob Donald Trump as President for the entire four years because he doesn't experience health problems? I don't.

That said, I agree, Kaine was jerk tonight, the little I saw of him. I can.not.stand. rude people who interrupt - like Trump did w/Hillary. And, from what little saw, Kaine, tonight, was just as RUDE and OBNOXIOUS. He should have learned from last week. WTH was wrong with him?
Kaine was much ruder than Trump. Trump did alright on the Presidential debate but he was sniffing and didn't hit Hilary hard.

Old 10-04-2016, 09:33 PM

4,587 posts, read 2,599,436 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne22 View Post

That said, I agree, Kaine was jerk tonight, the little I saw of him. I can.not.stand. rude people who interrupt - like Trump did w/Hillary. And, from what little I saw, Kaine, tonight, was just as RUDE and OBNOXIOUS. He should have learned from last week. WTH was wrong with him?
I think they asked him to attack but that isnt his personality. Warren would have been better at it. Kaine should have been a nicer less aggressive interviewer.

Old 10-04-2016, 09:34 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GHOSTRIDER AZ View Post
Pence hands down. Pence had style and grace. Cain was out of control!
The Leftists and ClintonCamp are in a hysterical meltdown because Pence wouldn't take the BAIT and ignored all of Kaine's carefully rehearsed Talking Point Hyperbole. Only one Adult at the Debate Table tonight - Mike Pence.

Old 10-04-2016, 09:34 PM

7,542 posts, read 11,576,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsb62574 View Post
Pence flat out denied Trump said things that are recorded. It's not going to look good when that hits the news cycle, and you see a split screen of Trump saying it and Pence denying he said it. VP debates rarely matter. VP candidates, except Palin, rarely impact the race. I think Pence got played tonight. He didn't defend a thing Trump has said and denied Trump ever said it. All anyone has to do play the footage of Trump saying it, and it makes Pence look like even he can't believe the crap Trump says.
From tonight debates Pence does not want to be Trumps VP any more he is saying the exact same thing most Americans are saying about Trump he is a Racist Bigot Ahole. I bet Pence wanted to be home in bed with a bucket of popcorn watching Law And Order or Sopranos. When Trump loses Pence political career is 100% over

Old 10-04-2016, 09:35 PM

5,842 posts, read 4,177,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
I think she did a good job, but when candidates attack each other, they should be given time to respond. There was one time in particular when Pence and Kaine were going back and forth with attacks and she kept interrupting. Just let them finish what they were discussing and move on. The candidates need time to defend against attacks from the opponent, and she didn't always allow that. But for the most part she did a good job.
I disagree completely. That can quickly become a never-ending rabbit hole, as we saw tonight. It turns the debate in to a stream of attack, defend, attack. They should cut their microphones after their time runs out (with a small overage and warning). If the candidates are clearly not even addressing the question, they should have their microphones cut.

The way the debates are currently structured promotes a TMZ-style debate. It makes real discussion about real issues unlikely. The networks need to fix this by now allowing the candidates to have a free microphone with no time limit and no way of forcing them to answer the question.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.