U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
View Poll Results: Is trump a sexual predator?
Yes 94 46.31%
Maybe 17 8.37%
No 92 45.32%
Voters: 203. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 10-22-2016, 07:56 PM
 
15,258 posts, read 17,426,912 times
Reputation: 13379

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I don't know if he is guilty or innocent. Chances are he did some questionable things.
What I question is the timing. Trump has been a very public figure for a very long time. The alleged victims had numerous opportunities to come forward and they waited until now. I question the veracity of the claims due to the timing and the lengthy delay.

One of the accusers went to the press in February of this year but asked them not to publish the story. Then when Trump lied at the 2nd debate, she approved the story to be released.

 
Old 10-22-2016, 08:03 PM
 
3,293 posts, read 1,868,334 times
Reputation: 3666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
There is no such thing as coincidence.

If I believed all these women, I would have to believe the following:
Gloria Allred said she had all the info before politics was involved when she trotted out the first accuser.

Gloria Allred was a delegate for Hillary in the democratic primary.

If Gloria Allred knew, I'm sure Hillary and/or her campaign knew there was this woman prepared to level charges of sexual assault.

If I believe all of them, then the conclusion I must come to is that Gloria, Hillary, her campaign and said assaulter withheld information from the American public with regard to a serious allegation against a candidate running for President. These are the champions of women?

At the final hour they come out with these allegations in a way that is clearly and obviously only for personal political gain while using the woman making the allegations? How stupid do you think women are?

Is Trump a womanizer and possible philanderer? No doubt he could be. Upwards of 50-60% of men(and women) cheat on their spouses. Is he over aggressive in making passes at women he targets or in this case women who put themselves in his zone? Maybe, who knows.

What I do know is that they have redress under the law and apparently nothing he did was so egregious that any one of them so far availed themselves of either sexual harassment or sexual assault laws. Instead, several of them went to his hotel room, dated him after their alleged assault and continued to pursue him after their alleged assault for other personal enrichment such as employment or business.

These so called accusers if they are to be believed, left other women vulnerable to sexual assault by not reporting what they claim to be sexual assault. I have no respect for that and therefore, I am highly skeptical of their claims.
1. There certainly is such a thing as coincidence.
2. I'm not discussing the merits of Hillary Clinton or whether she helped withhold information about Trump until it was politically useful. I'm talking about whether one can say he or she knows Trump is innocent. Nothing you wrote actually addresses that issue. Maybe Hillary did have the women keep silent until October. That doesn't imply Trump is innocent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
Asserting his innocence????? LMAO!!!! I din't know Trump how to prove his innocence and how?
Could you translate that for me?
 
Old 10-22-2016, 08:06 PM
 
11,060 posts, read 3,697,730 times
Reputation: 5184
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
One of the accusers went to the press in February of this year but asked them not to publish the story. Then when Trump lied at the 2nd debate, she approved the story to be released.

why would you go to the press and not want to go public????? if you don't want your story to go public the last place you go is the press.

You have any evidence that Trump "lied" in the 2nd debate?


so let me get this straight, Trump abused her and that wasn't enough to go public for years when Trump is a famous person , what crossed the line was that Trump denied it in a debate generally without mentioning anybody name? That did it, she had enough.....LOL

come one man! LMAO!
 
Old 10-22-2016, 08:08 PM
 
11,060 posts, read 3,697,730 times
Reputation: 5184
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wittgenstein's Ghost View Post



Could you translate that for me?

you want me to draw it for you.....how do Trump proves his innocence?
 
Old 10-22-2016, 08:14 PM
 
Location: United States
10,933 posts, read 5,014,261 times
Reputation: 5195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wittgenstein's Ghost View Post



I understand skepticism, but that isn't the same thing as asserting his innocence.
Trump is innocent, there is no reason to believe otherwise.

Claims without any evidence to back them are not at all compelling.

Unfounded claims, made at the must suspect timing possible, verge on ridiculous.

Unfounded claims, made at the must suspect timing possible, that are being refuted by witnesses, and friends, and family of the accusers should be dismissed outright.

So yes, I assert Trump is innocent.
 
Old 10-22-2016, 08:14 PM
 
6,432 posts, read 3,029,099 times
Reputation: 5818
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wittgenstein's Ghost View Post
1. There certainly is such a thing as coincidence.
2. I'm not discussing the merits of Hillary Clinton or whether she helped withhold information about Trump until it was politically useful. I'm talking about whether one can say he or she knows Trump is innocent. Nothing you wrote actually addresses that issue. Maybe Hillary did have the women keep silent until October. That doesn't imply Trump is innocent.



Could you translate that for me?

I don't believe in coincidence, especially this kind. So we can agree to disagree.

I most certainly did address that Trump could be guilty of something.....to what degree I have no idea.

None of us know for certain whether or not he is innocent or guilty of anything asserted.

However, its clear to anyone that lives in the real world, that this is a politically orchestrated smear campaign.

So, I am bottom line more offended by women Gloria/Hillary who use other clearly dysfunctional women for their own gains than I am any man who may have attempted to use them for his own gains.

As Madeline Albright said, there's a special place in hell for women who don't support women. There's a special even hotter place in hell for women who USE other women for their own gain.

Based on past behavior of the Clintons, I am more inclined to believe that this is Hillary tilting the election to her direction than anything else.

In fact, I am quite sure, this is Hillary's final FU to a country that rejected her husbands behavior and impeached him, thereby tarnishing forever his legacy and hers.

I trust my own instincts. You are free to follow yours.

Last edited by Blondy; 10-22-2016 at 08:27 PM..
 
Old 10-22-2016, 08:23 PM
 
Location: Indianapolis
2,295 posts, read 2,134,706 times
Reputation: 3108
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Bill Clinton settled a sexual assault lawsuit against him for nearly a million dollars.
And?

That is not criminal and there was no admission of guilt.

Donald Trump's words from the first presidential debate when the issue of him being sued for racial discrimination came up:

Quote:
We settled the suit with zero — with no admission of guilt.
Can you prove that Bill Clinton committed ANY crime?

What Trump admitted to is sexual assault...

Quote:
Just kiss. I don’t even wait.
Grab them by the pu$$y. You can do anything.
 
Old 10-22-2016, 08:26 PM
 
3,293 posts, read 1,868,334 times
Reputation: 3666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
you want me to draw it for you.....how do Trump proves his innocence?
I honestly don't know what you're asking me. Are you asking me how can Trump prove his innocence?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Trump is innocent, there is no reason to believe otherwise.

Claims without any evidence to back them are not at all compelling.

Unfounded claims, made at the must suspect timing possible, verge on ridiculous.

Unfounded claims, made at the must suspect timing possible, that are being refuted by witnesses, and friends, and family of the accusers should be dismissed outright.

So yes, I assert Trump is innocent.
I disagree. I think that, at most, you can say there isn't evidence in support of those claims. However, sexual assault claims are, by nature, often he-said, she-said affairs. There often isn't outside evidence one can point toward to corroborate these sorts of accusations. So, even if they were true, there might not be any further evidence.

By saying you know Trump is innocent, you are saying it is not possible that any of the women are telling the truth. That seems like a stronger claim than is justifiable.
 
Old 10-22-2016, 08:27 PM
 
3,293 posts, read 1,868,334 times
Reputation: 3666
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
I don't believe in coincidence, especially this kind. So we can agree to disagree.

I most certainly did address that Trump could be guilty of something.....to what degree I have no idea.

None of us know for certain whether or not he is innocent or guilty of anything asserted.
If you don't know whether he is innocent or guilty, then you should assert he is guilty. A basic conversational norm is that assertion is a claim to knowledge.
 
Old 10-22-2016, 08:28 PM
 
20,558 posts, read 8,714,538 times
Reputation: 7051
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
No, because none, I say again, none of the accusers have presented a single piece of evidence that their claims are true.

Our western civilization is based on the idea of innocent until proven guilty.

We cannot have a free society unless we are protected from lies, and unfounded claims.
What kind of evidence do you want. Let the courts decide just like in Bill Crosby's case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. | Please obey Forum Rules | Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top