Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 07:00 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,013,272 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momlady530 View Post
Diversion. Good tactic.

You are right. It is none of my business what goes on in a marriage, until the President's multiple affairs make America the laughing stock of the world.

Honestly, I tend to vote based on character, barring some major policy differences. Just cannot vote for Hillary.

And please, Teatime, you seem like an intelligent woman. Let's not nit-pick phrases from a post and manipulate them to your advantage. I know you are much more intelligent than that!
There was no diversion or nit-picking. This whole thread is ABOUT the marriage thing. As for America being the "laughingstock" in the world, that just didn't happen. In fact, I remember interviews and stories from Europe asking what the big deal was and calling Americans Puritanical. People in other countries DON'T CARE about the private lives of their leaders. They just want them to do a good job.

I still say that America needs a figurehead for people who care about that sort of thing and a political leader for the rest of us who don't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2008, 08:52 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,155,997 times
Quote:
Diversion. Good tactic.

You are right. It is none of my business what goes on in a marriage, until the President's multiple affairs make America the laughing stock of the world.

I agree with some of Hillary's policies. I just can't vote for her based on her character, or in my perception, a lack there of. I believe her to be extremely deceptive, petty, vindictive, and mean.

No, this doesn't mean I'm jealous of her. I would be pushing people out of the way to vote for Nancy Pelosi. Name one scandal she's been involved in? (Really,please name one because I can't think of any). Nancy Pelosi is a self-made woman. A tad too liberal in my opinion, but I like the woman.

Honestly, I tend to vote based on character, barring some major policy differences. Just cannot vote for Hillary.

And please, Teatime, you seem like an intelligent woman. Let's not nit-pick phrases from a post and manipulate them to your advantage. I know you are much more intelligent than that!
Sometimes IDs define you...and antiquated ideas.

Smart asp retorts about nit picking don't bolster an argument either.

Teatime is right...the sex-focused giddy sick Americans who made a big deal of a common occurence made AMERICANS fools in the eyes of the world NOT Bill Clinton.

How convenient of you to overlook the many discretions of others in politics including John(Fastest Pants Dropper in the West) McCain.

And some posters, who have acheived far far far far less than Senator Clinton, DO seem a tad jealous in their eagerness to tear her down.

Old 03-08-2008, 09:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LukePH View Post
If IDs define you then sir you have just identified yourself as a typical left wing loony with no common sense. It continues to amaze me how the so called intellectual thinking party, and its followers, can be so dilusional.

Who? Me? !

And just how am I dElusional ?

Any facts or just more right wing babbling about morals...

Old 03-08-2008, 09:52 PM

1,851 posts, read 3,400,299 times
Post Greed for Power=Hillary not Strength

Quote:
Diversion. Good tactic.

I agree with some of Hillary's policies. I just can't vote for her based on her character, or in my perception, a lack there of. I believe her to be extremely deceptive, petty, vindictive, and mean.

No, this doesn't mean I'm jealous of her. I would be pushing people out of the way to vote for Nancy Pelosi. Name one scandal she's been involved in? (Really,please name one because I can't think of any). Nancy Pelosi is a self-made woman. A tad too liberal in my opinion, but I like the woman.

I agree with momlady. There are many women who are far more qualified than Hillary to run this country. She is just not the woman for the job this time around.

It amazes me how people call her staying with Bill "strength." How so? A strong woman, imo, does not hang onto a man whose continual disrepect for her is publicly displayed time and again. How does she explain this behavior to Chelsea? "All men cheat honey, it's a fact of life that all women must deal with." Come on. He is a sad example of a husband and father and she condones his behavior in front of her daughter. SAD. I mean, the man was impeached and disbarred, for basically not being able to control his...and she stayed with him?? Not strength, but greed; that's what makes her stay.

Then miraculously they move to NY and she runs for Senator, all on his coattail. Why? Because no one knew her before he came into Office. She's no Margaret Thatcher! Nancy Pelosi, Condi Rice, Janet Reno, Barbara Boxer, Diane Feinstein, Sandra Day O'Connor, heck, Judge Judy...all women who had the real credentials to back up the leadership roles they sought.

I'm sorry, but when you see Hillary, you think of Bill. When you see Bill, you think of the women he cheated with, and not Hillary. She can only blame herself for this reality. I do feel sorry for Chelsea though.

Old 03-08-2008, 11:12 PM

11,431 posts, read 19,005,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
I still haven't decided who I'm going to vote for come November. But can anyone tell me why many older moms dislike Hillary. My wife dislikes Hillary in the worst way, I probably could say she even hates her. She begged me to go to the polls to vote for Obama and she doesn't even like Obama, but it was an anti Hillary vote. She sits around daily calling her names that I wouldn't care to post. Ive met other adult women with the same anti Hillary thing. I think it's about Hillary sitting around doing nothing while her hubby put his thing into any warm place that he could find. Any other opinions that people want to shate.
i think that women like to pull other women down. they're won't be a woman president on account of it.

Old 03-08-2008, 11:19 PM

1,544 posts, read 2,270,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
i think that women like to pull other women down. they're won't be a woman president on account of it.

if Hillary would act like a woman, there would be this debate. Hillary is schizo !!!

Old 03-09-2008, 06:07 AM

438 posts, read 1,509,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Sometimes IDs define you...and antiquated ideas.

Smart asp retorts about nit picking don't bolster an argument either.

Teatime is right...the sex-focused giddy sick Americans who made a big deal of a common occurence made AMERICANS fools in the eyes of the world NOT Bill Clinton.

How convenient of you to overlook the many discretions of others in politics including John(Fastest Pants Dropper in the West) McCain.

And some posters, who have acheived far far far far less than Senator Clinton, DO seem a tad jealous in their eagerness to tear her down.
Wow. Judging me because of my name? Classy!

Way to excuse Bill's infidelities. It's everyone else's fault. Next thing you know Obama will be blamed for those affairs. Oh, but its a common occurrence? So is murder. Doesn't excuse the fact.

I have addressed John McCain's affair, but this thread is about Hillary.

Can I just not like someone and not be jealous? The whole "You're just jealous of Hillary" argument reminds me of that SNL skit with Amy Poehler playing the white-trash one-legged woman insisting everyone is jealous of her.

Old 03-09-2008, 08:32 AM

5,818 posts, read 12,629,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
I agree with momlady. There are many women who are far more qualified than Hillary to run this country. She is just not the woman for the job this time around.

It amazes me how people call her staying with Bill "strength." How so? A strong woman, imo, does not hang onto a man whose continual disrepect for her is publicly displayed time and again. How does she explain this behavior to Chelsea? "All men cheat honey, it's a fact of life that all women must deal with." Come on. He is a sad example of a husband and father and she condones his behavior in front of her daughter. SAD. I mean, the man was impeached and disbarred, for basically not being able to control his...and she stayed with him?? Not strength, but greed; that's what makes her stay.

Then miraculously they move to NY and she runs for Senator, all on his coattail. Why? Because no one knew her before he came into Office. She's no Margaret Thatcher! Nancy Pelosi, Condi Rice, Janet Reno, Barbara Boxer, Diane Feinstein, Sandra Day O'Connor, heck, Judge Judy...all women who had the real credentials to back up the leadership roles they sought.

I'm sorry, but when you see Hillary, you think of Bill. When you see Bill, you think of the women he cheated with, and not Hillary. She can only blame herself for this reality. I do feel sorry for Chelsea though.
I think this is the best and most honest reply so far.

Old 03-09-2008, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Wow. Judging me because of my name? Classy!

Way to excuse Bill's infidelities. It's everyone else's fault. Next thing you know Obama will be blamed for those affairs. Oh, but its a common occurrence? So is murder. Doesn't excuse the fact.

I have addressed John McCain's affair, but this thread is about Hillary.

Can I just not like someone and not be jealous? The whole "You're just jealous of Hillary" argument reminds me of that SNL skit with Amy Poehler playing the white-trash one-legged woman insisting everyone is jealous of her.

Ya, kinda wrong for people to blame Hillary for Bill's cheating!!!!

AND, if Hillary would've divorced him then people would be saying "OH, goodness mercy me, she sure doesn't believe in the "sanctity" of marriage! What a weak woman...giving up so easily! Why didn't she fight to save her marriage!"

And, of course, IGNORE all the divorces of the republican candidates.

AND, maybe Hillary, just like some MEN, placed her career ABOVE her marriage because she had her own agenda...just like MEN do.
It's called equality....obviously something NEW for some posters.

Old 03-09-2008, 10:55 AM

438 posts, read 1,509,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Ya, kinda wrong for people to blame Hillary for Bill's cheating!!!!

AND, if Hillary would've divorced him then people would be saying "OH, goodness mercy me, she sure doesn't believe in the "sanctity" of marriage! What a weak woman...giving up so easily! Why didn't she fight to save her marriage!"

And, of course, IGNORE all the divorces of the republican candidates.

AND, maybe Hillary, just like some MEN, placed her career ABOVE her marriage because she had her own agenda...just like MEN do.
It's called equality....obviously something NEW for some posters.
You mistake me for a republican. I dislike John McCain for what he did to his first wife. Just the other day I was discussing this with my husband. I couldn't believe he just left his "disfigured" wife. Hey Johnny boy, look in the freaking mirror!!

I would have so much more respect for her if she would have left his cheating a$$. Then she could have demonstrated to the country what she stands for, that she's a woman of her own making. I look at David Vitter's wife and just shake my head, thinking "Seriously woman? You're gonna stay with someone who buys hookers?"

I EQUALLY dislike men and women who use others for power. John McCain used Cindy for power, just like Hillary used Bill. EQUALLY disgusting in my book. Is that enough EQUALITY for you? Or am I still jealous? Hey, maybe I'm jealous of McCain. I just insulted him. Its probably penis envy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections