Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2008, 01:24 PM

8,064 posts, read 18,014,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momlady530 View Post
Name something Hillary accomplished independent of her husband? Because I live in New York and cannot for the life of me list one thing she's done on her own.
Why don't you simply do a Google search and read the Wiki article if you really want to know? Her accomplishments are too many to rewrite into a list and, frankly, I wouldn't go to the trouble because I don't think you're really that interested.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-09-2008, 01:48 PM

7,923 posts, read 8,849,255 times
Coming from Europe, i can tell you that we did have a laugh at the "Bill Sticking" days of the Clintons. Bill having affairs with women is a issue between Bill and Hillary. If Bill had been the local roadsweeper, no one would have cared. He was, however, the president of the United States. Imagine being worried about your daughter becoming an intern to Bill in case he took advantage of her. We could not understand how America watched Bill looking into the camera saying " I did NOT have sexual relations with that woman" and then didn't impeach him. Unfortunately Hillary has shown that she will put up with anything to get what she wants, even deceipt. My wife is American and cannot stand Hillary. She says she cannot believe a word she says. If sleeping with the president makes you qualified to become President, maybe Jennifer Flowers should also run. Maybe as VP, then Hillary and Jen could compare notes?

Old 03-09-2008, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeoro View Post
Coming from Europe, i can tell you that we did have a laugh at the "Bill Sticking" days of the Clintons. Bill having affairs with women is a issue between Bill and Hillary. If Bill had been the local roadsweeper, no one would have cared. He was, however, the president of the United States. Imagine being worried about your daughter becoming an intern to Bill in case he took advantage of her. We could not understand how America watched Bill looking into the camera saying " I did NOT have sexual relations with that woman" and then didn't impeach him. Unfortunately Hillary has shown that she will put up with anything to get what she wants, even deceipt. My wife is American and cannot stand Hillary. She says she cannot believe a word she says. If sleeping with the president makes you qualified to become President, maybe Jennifer Flowers should also run. Maybe as VP, then Hillary and Jen could compare notes?
Sorry, but no daughter of mine would be throwing herself at men in power. I would have raised her with enough smarts and self-esteem to make her own way, the proper way. I would be FAR more concerned about the Republican Congressmen trying to proposition my son in a restroom, even outside of D.C. Of course, my son would likely break their tapping feet and wandering hands.

Otherwise, your really sexist remarks implying that Hillary is not intelligent or accomplished are offensive. Perhaps you need to actually read Hillary's biography before asserting that she had to sleep her way to success.

Old 03-09-2008, 02:17 PM

No need to read the "ramblings" of a Maggie Thatcher wannabee.

Old 03-09-2008, 02:22 PM

Quote:
No need to read the "ramblings" of a Maggie Thatcher wannabee.
Uh, Thatcher is an ultra-conservative and has nothing in common with a moderate Democrat. As for her "ramblings," I suggested that you read her biography -- you know, a profile that someone else has written -- not her autobiography.

Old 03-09-2008, 02:25 PM

My wife says that she didn't sleep her way to the top but she doesn't mind cutting throats and clawing eyes out to get there!

Old 03-09-2008, 02:28 PM

I haven't read her Biography, but Dick Morris, who was a close adviser to the Clintons, has and he disputes a few of the "facts" that she has written. He should know.

Old 03-09-2008, 02:32 PM

Quote:
My wife says that she didn't sleep her way to the top but she doesn't mind cutting throats and clawing eyes out to get there!
If you wish to engage in intelligent discussion, perhaps you need to read about Hillary Clinton's record yourself instead of merely repeating your wife's hyperbole? Just a suggestion.

Old 03-09-2008, 02:36 PM

Any reason why i should believe her Biography?

Old 03-09-2008, 02:41 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,158,177 times
Quote:
Your wife is then very sexist(clawing eyes out) and/or naive about how ANY politician gets to the top.

I get the impression that you don't want to read anything that may disagree with your ideas but why don't you try reading what MALE republicans did to McCain when he dared to compete with bushy when he was running for president.....would THAT be described as "clawing eyes out" ? Cutting throats?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections