Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 08:06 AM

438 posts, read 1,509,377 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by domergurl View Post
And don't forget the Chandra Levy affair ...
And that Florida congressman who liked young male pages. Oh,and that one state congressman in WA who hired male prostitutes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2008, 08:55 AM

17,764 posts, read 39,738,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by momlady530 View Post
And that Florida congressman who liked young male pages. Oh,and that one state congressman in WA who hired male prostitutes.
Weren't they the ones banging the war drums for Clinton too???

Old 03-10-2008, 11:18 AM

438 posts, read 1,509,377 times
Quote:
Weren't they the ones banging the war drums for Clinton too???
Probably. Look, I'll say again. Its not about the sex. It really blows (pun kinda intended) that Bill cheated on Hillary. The first time I felt bad for her. The second time I still kinda felt bad. After that I questioned her judgment. I question her character. I don't care that her husband got a BJ in the oval office. Heck, if my hubby and I were in there we'd probably be doing all kinds of questionable acts.

Its about the character. I wouldn't vote for big gay Larry Craig if my life depended on it. Not because he likes him some gay man bathroom sex, but because he changed his story and came up with the most ridiculous lie to justify it.

I'm not going to vote for Hillary, not because her husband cheated on her. I've already listed the many reasons I won't vote for her.

Old 03-10-2008, 11:25 AM

Quote:
Probably. Look, I'll say again. Its not about the sex. It really blows (pun kinda intended) that Bill cheated on Hillary. The first time I felt bad for her. The second time I still kinda felt bad. After that I questioned her judgment. I question her character. I don't care that her husband got a BJ in the oval office. Heck, if my hubby and I were in there we'd probably be doing all kinds of questionable acts.

Its about the character. I wouldn't vote for big gay Larry Craig if my life depended on it. Not because he likes him some gay man bathroom sex, but because he changed his story and came up with the most ridiculous lie to justify it.

I'm not going to vote for Hillary, not because her husband cheated on her. I've already listed the many reasons I won't vote for her.

Fair 'nuf!

Old 03-10-2008, 02:18 PM

440 posts, read 329,490 times
Quote:

I am so on the same page with you for identical reasons. The only thing I would add to your list: obnoxious, bossy and shrill.

Old 03-10-2008, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preaching2thechoir View Post
obnoxious, bossy and shrill.

You're opinion ... geez, it's like you are being a catty high schooler.

Old 03-10-2008, 02:45 PM

440 posts, read 329,490 times
Quote:
You're opinion ... geez, it's like you are being a catty high schooler.
Yes it is MY opinion and despite what you may think of it there is nothing catty about it. I'm just keepin' it real.

Old 03-10-2008, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Preaching2thechoir View Post
Yes it is MY opinion and despite what you may think of it there is nothing catty about it. I'm just keepin' it real.
Meeeeeeeoooooowwww!! Hss Hsss ...

Your feelings about Hillary are emotion based, not issue based, hence catty.

Old 03-10-2008, 06:17 PM

3,255 posts, read 5,081,070 times
So all the people who voted for Ms Clinton because she showed real emotion, and I believe she actually did, did so because they somehow were catty? Since their opinions were based on emotion vs issue. And further, there is no rule on why one picks the candidate, as a free American, I can choose to vote for people with red hair only if I want, or people who like pickles, because I trust red headed pickle eaters. Personally I am not fond of the preacher style of Obama, but I like other things about him, and I find Hillary to be shrill also, but I like her health plan. Opinions all.

Old 03-10-2008, 06:22 PM

5,232 posts, read 8,417,948 times
Quote:
Personally,as a married mother, I just don't think she really represents me. I don't respect her as a woman. You can spin her decision to stay with Bill any way you like, but the fact is he continually cheated on her and humiliated her, yet she stayed. I would venture a guess that if Hillary was the woman down the street, we would all be making fun of her and asking "Why?". She has used her husband to get ahead. Would she be where she is today without him? She cannot stand on her own two feet. She counts Bill's term as president as "experience". Whatever lady. My husband has been in the Navy for 10years. I don't consider myself to have 10 years military experience. I have experience as a military wife. I am who I am because of me. My husband supports me, but I do not derive my identity from something he did. That's just some of the reasons I don't like her and wouldn't vote for her if my life depended on it.
I think you nailed it. She preaches family values but doesn't exhibit them.
I think she has identity issues myself.

That aside I wont be voting for Obama either. I truly wish there was a real conservative out there to support.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections