Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2018, 03:36 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,668,122 times

Advertisements

He won't run, he'll be impeached for crimes against this country.

Old 06-14-2018, 05:13 AM

3,130 posts, read 3,075,141 times
I'd say the American public breaks down like this:

-30% absolutely love Trump and would vote for him no matter what
-15% are open to other ideas and aren't blind followers, but generally would vote for Trump
-15% want to keep an open mind and keep their options open, but generally would not vote for Trump
-40% absolutely despise Trump and would never vote for him no matter what

It really depends on the Democratic candidate. The right one would probably win at this point. Somebody like Hillary Clinton, who had roughly the same percentage of people who hate her and much fewer people who loved her, would probably lose.

Old 06-14-2018, 05:53 AM

23,988 posts, read 15,086,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by English Dave View Post
I am just an interested outside observer. I have predicted here for many months, in my posts that Trump could win quite easily in 2020.

He is a curious man. Self delusional, vindictive, and a liar. He praises dictators, and attacks his allies. But, he is a man who was long overdue for Americans. Many citizens are sick to death of the way America has been drifting for decades.

He has managed to ride the wave of an improving economy, that began long before he became President. He boasts loudly, but has actually achieved very little.

Meeting Kim of Korea, a meeting the NK leadership have wanted for decades, is no great achievement. Kim has wanted to be the big man internationally for a long time. Now, we have a POTUS praising him as being not a bad guy. Plus he loves his half starved people..........

But, it's all about the economy at the end of the day. Donald is waving the big stick, and many Americans like that. He says the things they want to hear. He insults his allies, and tears up agreements which took years to negotiate.

Trade tariffs work both ways. If leaders get carried away with tit for tat actions, we could have a world wide recession down the line. America has good trade deals with most of the world. The one country who really is taking advantage is China.

The Dems are like rabbits caught in the headlights. They are partly to blame for all this. Americans are fed up of folks like Hillary Clinton being put up as a candidate just because it's their turn. She was done as soon as her heels were on display being dragged into that vehicle.

They have better find someone good....... real good. The candidate has better have some fighting spirit, because Trump will try and rip him apart. He is good at discovering weakness, and then giving it a nickname. It will be a him....... they won't chance another female candidate at this time.

But the days of day dreaming of Trump draining the swamp are over - he is the swamp. His family are busy enriching themselves, as tent cities get bigger. Hard working folks are turning their eyes away. There but for the grace of God go I. Most Republican politicians seem intimidated, and frightened of crossing Donald Trump. As usual, they are putting their own careers first, before what's good for America.

I just hope Trump will not trigger a world wide recession, and get through his time in office without anything truly awful happening. His base will stand by him no matter what.
He will win again, no matter who the Ds nominate. The JBS spent years trying and have finally taken over the Republican party. The republicans will put a liberal candidate on the ballot to syphon off progressives. They always do.

Old 06-14-2018, 06:08 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Lightbulb So your Guess will Trump win 2020?

Respected political analyst says...

Old 06-14-2018, 06:11 AM

19,784 posts, read 15,114,106 times
Too early to call.

Old 06-14-2018, 06:20 AM

13,694 posts, read 9,011,664 times
We must recall that it is still the electoral votes that matter.

Yes, Ms. Clinton won the 'popular' vote, yet Mr. Trump won the electoral vote.

He won Pennsylvania by 0.7 percentage points (44,2929 votes), and so 20 electoral votes.

He won Wisconsin by 0.7 points (22,748 votes), and so 10 electoral votes.

He won Michigan by 0.2 percentage points (10,704 votes), and so 16 electoral votes.

Any way you cut it, winning these states by around, in total, 77,000 votes is a very slim margin. Take away those electoral votes, and Mr. Trump would have ended up with 260 electoral votes.

Can he repeat the feat? Ah, thus is the question. As others have pointed out, the economy will be a strong, but not the only, factor.

I personally think that Mr. Trump may be hampered (ignoring his propensity to lie) by the fact that he will not be able to campaign in these states using the same message in 2016.

If the economy is tanking, some people will, rightly or wrongly, blame him. Conversely, if the economy is still doing well, some voters may take the viewpoint that since the economy is booming, they no longer need a man like him in the White House. After all, we presently have an excellent economy, and yet his 'disapproval' factor is still above 50 percent. He will get a bump in approval due to the Singapore Summit, but what the Korean situation will be like two years hence is unknown.

Many say that Hillary Rodham Clinton was a flawed candidate. True, although many of the allegations against her were false. Yet, there is no doubt that Donald John Trump was also a flawed candidate. Perhaps if the Democrats select a 'non-flawed' candidate (if such exists), their chances against Mr. Trump will significantly improve.

I will make this prediction: the Democrat running will not ignore these three states, as Ms. Clinton did. I was one of those that thought Mr. Trump was wasting his time returning to these states time after time, yet he had his eye on the electoral prize, and it paid off.

By the by: I still think it possibly (as I predicted even before the election) that Mr. Trump will resign before his term is up, claiming that he had done all he had set out to do, and so go back to Trump Tower (and shine up the Trump brand, which has taken a bit of a hit).

Old 06-14-2018, 06:20 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,305,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
You might as well ask whether people support Trump or not. The answers you get reflect existing opinions and nothing more
Disagree.

I absolutely DO NOT support Trump, but I'm a realist, and I think he has a better than 50/50 chance of being reelected, as it stands now.

One only needs to divorce emotions from objective observations. Right now, I observe that there is little to stop him. I hope I'm wrong.

I'm more concerned about what might happen in 2024. Will he try to instill himself as Supreme Leader, and if he does, will it end peacefully, or will his loyal followers take to the street with their Anti-American sentiment.

MAFR (Making America a Fascist Regime)

Old 06-14-2018, 06:34 AM

482 posts, read 242,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avondalist View Post
There is lots of video of him groping girls.

I think the Democrats will nominate a woman, because liberal women are angry and motivated after Trump and #metoo.
The Democratic party has been becoming more female for the last 30 years. Partisan politics are starting to become the battle of the sexes as much as rural vs urban in some areas as the number of single women increases. The Democrats would be smart to nominate a woman or minority and beat that war drum to rally their base. An old white guy will lose to trump guaranteed unless something dramatically changes in the next 2 years.

Old 06-14-2018, 06:46 AM

8,312 posts, read 3,929,182 times
Anything is possible. Americans are easily manipulated by even the most simple minded propaganda. This is how someone as worthless as Trump came to be elected as the US President. Could he be elected again? Absolutely.

Old 06-14-2018, 06:54 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,539,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Anything is possible. Americans are easily manipulated by even the most simple minded propaganda. This is how someone as worthless as Trump came to be elected as the US President. .

Sadly I agree with this Americans are easily manipulated by those running for office just another reason why we an arse hat for president.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections