Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2018, 05:54 AM

23,984 posts, read 15,086,618 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
^^^^^ Your post reinforces Trump's view of masculinity, and that seems to have gone over your head.

No woman in Heidi Cruz's league would ever give Trump the time of day. Deep down, I think Trump knows that....and it bothers him. And Cruz knows that women like his wife would never give Trump the time of day.
I agree. In that situation the best way to handle Trump's comments is to ignore them.

But, turning around and kissing his ass shouldn't be an option either.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2018, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabianhorsebreeder View Post
And Beto receives funding from Soros, and you can bet big donors as well. Money is the name of the game in politics, unless you're a billionaire like Trump, that doesn't owe alligence (sp?) to any PAC or large donor.
Read up on dark money pacs.

FWIW, Trump owes his election to the religious right. He bought them fair and square. How much money did Trump's foundation donate to Liberty University in order to get that first speaking engagement? IIRC it was oner a 100 K.

They traded their souls for supreme court justices.

Old 09-13-2018, 09:44 AM

9,019 posts, read 14,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post

FWIW, Trump owes his election to the religious right. He bought them fair and square. How much money did Trump's foundation donate to Liberty University in order to get that first speaking engagement? IIRC it was oner a 100 K.

You spelled Russia incorrectly there...

Old 09-13-2018, 12:58 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,756,288 times
I think it is safe to say: we all know the GOP will lose some seats in Nov. this is the pattern and has been for generations: the party in the White House loses some in the off year elections. The question is what ones will they lose and I am always entertained by the leftists here who are so sure they have the answers. According to some of them, we all know who they are, the entire GOP will be swept out of office. This is why I like to read the post from some. It gives me my morning or afternoon laugh.

Old 09-13-2018, 01:53 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,490,585 times
Willie Nelson just endorsed Beto O'Rourke and announced a concert for Beto.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b01151973bbe0f

...it will be the first public concert he has held for a political candidate

Willie Nelson said:
Beto O'Rourke....“embodies what is special about Texas, an energy and an integrity that is completely genuine,”

Last edited by sware2cod; 09-13-2018 at 02:36 PM..

Old 09-13-2018, 06:48 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,878,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMESMH View Post
^^^^^ Your post reinforces Trump's view of masculinity, and that seems to have gone over your head.

No woman in Heidi Cruz's league would ever give Trump the time of day. Deep down, I think Trump knows that....and it bothers him. And Cruz knows that women like his wife would never give Trump the time of day.
Actually Cruz DID criticize Trump while they were running for the nomination both for what Trump implied about his wife and his father
BUT after Cruz lost the nomination to Trump and showed up at the Convention to eat crow and kiss the ring--
at least metaphorically--
From then on Cruz was on the Trump bandwagon...
Robert Mercer's money went to Trump and Cruz knew if he wanted to see it again he better not cause dissention with in the ranks of the GOP goons...
So he did--
He and Heidi went to Trump's first WH dinner and even sat at Trump's table I think and made nice
Now maybe that is something the GOP is used to eating--(s---) when they dine w/Trump but I don't think McCain was there...

And frankly if Heidi Cruz is so intelligent and above it all--why did she marry Cruz?
It certainly wasn't for his humanity or the company he keeps--unless she is as amoral as he is
And maybe she is -- she works for Goldman's and had done exceptionally well which implies a certain willingness to cut corners and kiss the ring...

Old 09-13-2018, 06:54 PM

Willie Nelson is playing a concert for Beto in late Sept
That pretty much says it all...
Of course everyone who supports Cruz is dissing Willie
But Willie has never hid his liberal traits or his affinity for a blunt or his true bred-in-the-bone popularism --- none of which fit Cruz or any GOP candidate I can think of...

But you can't claim that Beto is anything but true Texan if Willie is playing for him
Likely Beto will be on stage with him by the end...
They should televise it at movie theaters--
I would certainly pay to see Willie
He does a great show--
Saw him in FTW for concert supporting a private Montresorri school or something like that and we were standing right in front of the stage--
Totally awesome despite being on my feet for more than 4 hours...including wait time...

Old 09-13-2018, 07:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
I think it is safe to say: we all know the GOP will lose some seats in Nov. this is the pattern and has been for generations: the party in the White House loses some in the off year elections. The question is what ones will they lose and I am always entertained by the leftists here who are so sure they have the answers. According to some of them, we all know who they are, the entire GOP will be swept out of office. This is why I like to read the post from some. It gives me my morning or afternoon laugh.
The fact that you can laugh when your president denies the deaths of 3000 Puerto Ricans because FEMA was totally inept and uncaring...(just read about the hospital ship anchored offshore for weeks and how badly it was used to aid the people who needed health intervention for example)...

The fact that you can laugh and know that the senior officials in Trump's campaign, including his family members, have been implicated in more than one instance of inappropriate actions with the Russians

The fact that you know how much Trump has spent on his self-aggrandize trips to his Trump golf courses so he can indulge his ego (and don't even mention Obama's golf trips--no comparison for expenses in first two years)

The fact that anyone with common sense in the WH knows they are dealing with a child but are selfish enough to use that fact to press THEIR agenda and greed

The fact that Trump and his WH posse have stolen 35 MILLION dollars from two agencies that deal directly with hurricane/emergency management (FEMA and the Coast Guard) and likely there are more agencies who have been bled to pay for kiddie jails and overpriced private agencies to gorge on government money

That fact that you can laugh when you see the wreckage Trump and his cronies are creating minute by minute is why I think Beto has a good chance to beat Cruz...
Because people see that selfish behavior and they don't like it...
And I think they realize the only way to stop it is to vote them out of office...

Old 09-13-2018, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post

And Mike Pence in the batter's box, waiting to step up to the plate after Trump has his time at bat...

Old 09-14-2018, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Willie Nelson just endorsed Beto O'Rourke and announced a concert for Beto.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b01151973bbe0f

...it will be the first public concert he has held for a political candidate

Willie Nelson said:
Beto O'Rourke....“embodies what is special about Texas, an energy and an integrity that is completely genuine,”
Not so.

He did a fund raiser for John Hill when he was running for governor. Maybe 1978ish. Clements won. Once again the Ds didn't vote and Clements won by 1 vote per precinct.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections