Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 04:51 AM

8,289 posts, read 13,567,226 times

Advertisements

Fun2day your paranoi about a politician who isn't white borders on racism. Oh tell us why Dubya likes to kiss the Saudis? Remember those Arabs who promote Wahhabism and radical Islam?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2008, 05:43 AM

1,126 posts, read 2,693,161 times
No, "black Africans" are not Arabs in any way, so this thread is pointless.

Old 07-24-2008, 09:13 AM

4,105 posts, read 8,290,293 times
There are bigger concerns for me in choosing a candidate than their race or religion. So to answer your question, yes.

Old 07-24-2008, 09:28 AM

10,655 posts, read 18,665,293 times
Yes.

Do you ever have original thoughts, or do you just spew the same inaccuracies from chain emails and hate sites (the Obama's father is an Arab line is a classic one from those)

Old 07-24-2008, 09:37 AM

2,917 posts, read 4,767,269 times
Could I deal with a black president? Yep, just not Obama (TMN). Where's Colin Powell when he's really needed? In the background, because (as I understand it) his wife fears his assassination should he be elected. Too bad, I'd vote for him, and I'm what some folks would label a WASP.

Could I deal with a female president? Yep, just not Hillary. Problem here is I know of no female in the wings who has the temerity to make the run. Condi Rice? Maybe, then I could kill two stones with one bird: black and female.

Old 07-24-2008, 09:43 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,749,490 times
I won't vote for an arab american because i'm a bigot.

Old 07-24-2008, 10:28 AM

31,683 posts, read 41,045,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fun2Day View Post
Would you elect an Arab-American for President?

I ask because Obama's father may have been from Africa, but he is Kenyan and is considered an Arab, NOT black by their laws.

FYI: list of Arab countries in Africa include Somalia and Kenya. YES, I know the "look black", but they are Arabs in race.

Here are the questions that need to be asked of Barack Hussein:

1. Is the fact your father was Muslim when he was born, which automatically makes you a Muslim in the eyes of Islam when you were born, a problem for you to talk about?

2. Let's keep it easy and simple and continue with the yes or no form for a bit.

a) Are you aware not all people born in Africa are classified as black because many have Arab heritages instead?

b) Do you know your father was officially classified as an Arab by the Kenyan government?

c) Are you aware these facts make you an Arab American and not an African American?

d) Were you registered over 5 years at two different schools in Indonesia as a Muslim?

e) Did you write in your first book you took classes in the Koran 2 to 3 times a week?

The question remains: Would you elect an Arab-American for President? I am referring to Back Hussein, who is NOT black and who is 1/2 Arab and 1/2 White, who has deceived Americans by pretending to be "African American".

It is amazing how an Arab-American was able to deceive African Americans because of how he looks!!
And the US census bureau definition says?
Could you provide some links to support the assertion that Kenya doesn't define race by standards that are Amerca wide including used in American schools? If he registered in an American school today he would be coded?
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Old 07-24-2008, 10:32 AM

1,058 posts, read 1,264,301 times
yes.

i'd elect a martian for president if i felt that he/she/it had the best platform IMO.

Old 07-24-2008, 10:37 AM

Ok so the independent reader does not accuse anyone of misinformatin I provide the 2000 census racial classifications for American citizens.
Racial and Ethnic Classifications Used in Census 2000 and Beyond (http://www.census.gov/population/www/socdemo/race/racefactcb.html - broken link)

In October 1997, the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) announced the revised standards for federal data on race and ethnicity. The minimum categories for race are now: American Indian or Alaska Native; Asian; Black or African American; Native Hawaiian or Other Pacific Islander; and White. Instead of allowing a multiracial category as was originally suggested in public and congressional hearings, the OMB adopted the Interagency Committee's recommendation to allow respondents to select one or more races when they self-identify. With the OMB's approval, the Census 2000 questionnaires also include a sixth racial category: Some Other Race. There are also two minimum categories for ethnicity: Hispanic or Latino and Not Hispanic or Latino. Hispanics and Latinos may be of any race.
The new categories were used by the Census Bureau for the Census 2000 Dress Rehearsal in spring 1998, and will be used on the Census 2000 questionnaire. The new standards are effective immediately for new and revised data collections by federal agencies, and all federal agencies must implement the new standards by January 1, 2003.

Where help us to understand is Arab? It is not a RACE and Obama is an American citizen unless this is a backdoor way to reopen the birth certificate slam. Thus any definition of a native born American would be that delineated by American law and policy. Is a Polish American born in Chicago defined by American standards or those of Poland?

Old 07-24-2008, 10:38 AM

Do people really believe this stuff without any verification or research on their own? Is this how we got Bush?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections