Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 06:15 AM

7,993 posts, read 12,868,263 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Habsburg View Post
Why is it so dumb when it works? I doubt he was saying it was a new idea no one's thought of before, just a reminder. Like a reminder to put your cans in the recycle bin.
This is TOO much comedy. I'm loving it. We are voting on POTUS so he can remind us to recycle cans and inflate our tires??????

Obama is taking the run for POTUS to a new dumbed-down, all time low. Really hysterical.

And Obamatrons wonder why people see them as simpletons....dumb Kool-aid drinking followers. Geeeeeeee, I wonder why?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2008, 06:18 AM

1,113 posts, read 1,815,585 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Obama is taking the run for POTUS to a new dumbed-down, all time low. Really hysterical.
Wait, I thought he was the highbrow elitist inaccessable-by-the-commoners candidate

Maybe he should run some dumbed-down, all time low childist slander ads against McCain.

Old 07-31-2008, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Wait, I thought he was the highbrow elitist inaccessable-by-the-commoners candidate

Maybe he should run some dumbed-down, all time low childist slander ads against McCain.
Last time I checked, many elitist are not smart.....they simply "think" they are smart.

Old 07-31-2008, 06:23 AM

5,524 posts, read 9,942,317 times
Quote:
Please......"sticking his neck out" with that statement?????
He is sticking his neck out in the sense that while yes it's not going to be a solution, it can at least be something for people to do in the meanwhile. Was it the best answer? No. Is he just as much of an idiot as Mccain? Yes. But I still have not seen Mccain do anything but jump on a bandwagon that will not show results when we need them or just react to everything Obama does by poking at it. Neither one is a good leader as one is just too inexperienced and the other is a mindless moron.

Old 07-31-2008, 06:25 AM

1,113 posts, read 1,815,585 times
Quote:
Last time I checked, many elitist are not smart.....they simply "think" they are smart.
but but but.... law school? not bottom 0.4% in his class? writes books?

I repeat: maybe he should run some "dumbed-down, all time low" childish slander ads against McCain. That'd prove how stupid he is.

Old 07-31-2008, 06:35 AM

Quote:
I repeat: maybe he should run some "dumbed-down, all time low" childish slander ads against McCain. That'd prove how stupid he is.
No need for that, but could be fun to watch.

Obama has already proved his stupidity, time and time again.

Old 07-31-2008, 07:44 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,558,965 times
Quote:
No need for that, but could be fun to watch.

Obama has already proved his stupidity, time and time again.
Indeed he has. By finishing number one at Harvard. By being appointed an instructor at the University of Chicago, one of the world's highest-ranked colleges. By coming from way behind to beat a prohibitive favorite in the primaries. By leading a well-known and revered war hero in the current campaign.

You're on top of this one!

Old 07-31-2008, 08:30 AM

12,642 posts, read 15,605,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soccersupporter View Post
Before jumping on the Nitrogen bandwagon. Just pays to fully informed.

The Truth About Filling Your Tires with Nitrogen | The Truth About Cars
You're preaching to the choir.
I'm well informed. I've tested and participated in the results. Who stands to gain if your tires last longer? You. T.H.I.N.K.

Last edited by walidm; 07-31-2008 at 08:56 AM..

Old 07-31-2008, 03:54 PM

634 posts, read 1,420,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by walidm View Post
You're preaching to the choir.
I'm well informed. I've tested and participated in the results. Who stands to gain if your tires last longer? You. T.H.I.N.K.

The truck I drive more so than our others is a 94 S-10 that I lower only 2'' after it was paid off in 98. I aligned the front end in my own shop ''properly'' and put a set of four 215/65/15 Summit tires around it then. I had put 82,000 miles on it at the time I done the work and the truck now has 167,000 miles on the same ( now ten years old ) tires since 82,000. All they ever had in them so far is 35 PSI of good ole plain old fashon air. I am fixing to drive same truck on 10 year old tires on a 700 mile road trip. The tires are just over half worn, but are worn evenly with no feathered edges. Of course I never was the type to hit potholes and such with my cars and trucks. It pays off to watch out for bumps as my ten year old tires and perfect allignment has proven so. Thats 85,000 miles on my ten year old tires and they are good another years driving still. My truck has no loose ball joints, or other parts as I do check them from time to time, and never had to replace a part under the front of my truck yet.Align them up ''right'', and watch where you steer it, you'll be amazed how long tires will last with ''only air'' used to inflate them.

I know, I'll hear how good that is but how nitrogen in place of air would give me even more years service.

In my case, prolonging the life of my tires would not help as if they lasted any longer,,,they'd rot off first

Old 07-31-2008, 04:44 PM

29 posts, read 36,900 times
Great facts, keep on trucking....MOVE ON PEOPLE.....NOTHING TO SEE HERE.

STOP BEATING ME!!!

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections