Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2008, 06:07 PM

11,887 posts, read 36,933,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
"Expand Flexible Work Arrangements: Obama will create a program to inform businesses about the benefits of flexible work schedules; help businesses create flexible work opportunities; and increase[*] federal incentives for telecommuting. Obama will also make the federal government a model employer in terms of adopting flexible work schedules and permitting employees to request flexible arrangements." - Barack Obama | Change We Can Believe In | Economy

* - evidently there already is something in place.

THANK YOU delusianne! That is something that makes me reconsider my stance on Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2008, 06:21 PM

4,147 posts, read 8,004,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
None of that invalidates Obama's point about tires.
Well mine are inflated correctly and so are both of my roommates so where does that leave us? Upton this is why you live in Cali. Since you people use the most oil and more than any other country that is not the USA as a whole maybe you should go check your tires and get tune ups while the rest of the nation sits back and benefits.

Old 07-31-2008, 06:28 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,172,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
THANK YOU delusianne! That is something that makes me reconsider my stance on Obama.
Why, you're more than welcome! Gee

Old 07-31-2008, 06:33 PM

2,258 posts, read 3,495,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryneone View Post
Well mine are inflated correctly and so are both of my roommates so where does that leave us? Upton this is why you live in Cali. Since you people use the most oil and more than any other country that is not the USA as a whole maybe you should go check your tires and get tune ups while the rest of the nation sits back and benefits.
That's unfair to say. California also provides a lot more in economic activity for the U.S. than it gets in return from the rest of the nation. In fact its the world's 10th largest economy if considered an independent country and provided more than a fifth of the U.S GDP.

And to further squash your claims, it has been by far the most aggressive state in tackling global warming and emissions, so your argument is moot.

(And this is from a Texan)

Old 07-31-2008, 06:34 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,855,850 times
upton is from washington anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidicarus89 View Post
That's unfair to say. California also provides a lot more in economic activity for the U.S. than it gets in return from the rest of the nation. In fact its the world's 10th largest economy if considered an independent country and provided more than a fifth of the U.S GDP.

And to further squash your claims, it has been by far the most aggressive state in tackling global warming and emissions, so your argument is moot.

Old 07-31-2008, 06:40 PM

2,258 posts, read 3,495,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synopsis View Post
Why doesn't the government do something really viable, like giving companies incentives to encourage telecommuting for a vast number of people. The technology is there, the savings on fuel would be incredible, but these idiots in the government (both Republican and Democrat) just can't seem to THINK!
That really is a fantastic idea any way you see it. It saves companies electricity and energy costs, cuts down on costs, and for employees save on fuel costs, and most importantly...have an extra day to enjoy with your family. Utah is actually making it mandatory for their state workers.

Old 07-31-2008, 07:23 PM

634 posts, read 1,420,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kidicarus89 View Post

I remember seeing on the Discovery channel that the ''ice caps'' melted many years ago and slowly froze back. This begs the question. What did man kind do to cause global warming years ago before oil was ever used to power cars, or heat houses? Thats what I'd like to know. This did not happen before man as they found human bodies ''deep down within the ice''. The more they cry about global warming, the less they tell us about the facts of the past.

The earth goes through cycles, we cannot stop that.

Old 10-20-2008, 06:49 PM

1 posts, read 1,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsupstate View Post
Obama is an idiot, plain and simple.

"Inflat your tires and get tune-ups."

Pathetic.
WOWWWWWW
I cant believe you
your comments are pathetic if you knew anything about cars or Barck Obama!!!

Way to not have an unbaised opinon GREAT!!!!!!!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections