Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2008, 07:24 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,908,120 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by prim2007 View Post
Job doesn't pay enough for two people to live and there are no benefits, again, that's not too bad.
So it''s one job for two people you're looking for.

Cool. That's a great liberal platform suggest it to Barry. All of a sudden the country will be all a big two-fer.

What planet do you people live on ....the planet of sit back and do nothing and let everyone else pay for you?

Then go on Maury for paternity tests and complain that you can't live 5 people to one check?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2008, 07:26 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,921,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prim2007 View Post
I think you're missing the point. It's not about teaching one or the other but all preventable methods. Palin only wants abstinence taught without recognizing that not all teens will make this choice so it's important to include protections such as condoms and birth control for those that make the decision to have sex. When parents make abstinence absolute, kids won't feel comfortable talking to them about their desire to have condoms or birth control because they are having sex. They will just go without. It's rare that girls get pregnant on their first sexual experience and I doubt this was the case for Bristol. However, I don't think she felt she had any other options but to have sex without protection and hope for the best.
I think this is a good post.. gave you reps...
I think this girl comes from a good family so she was able to talk to her parents about her pregnancy.. but I would wonder if preventative measures could have been made if the girl felt comfortable to talk about the issue besides from an abstinence point of view...
not saying.. here's birth control and condoms.. go have fun.. but rather.. abstain from such activity until you are married or found the person you want to share your life with... and here are some tools regarding sex that can be used in proper context.... these tools are not given to rule out abstinence, but for the sake of sexual education to ensure you are making the best decisions you can make for your life..

Old 09-01-2008, 07:27 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,665,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissShona View Post
What do Obama's origins have to do with any of this?

None of us have control over our parents actions; and definitely not over how we were conceived.

Yet we do have a responsibility towards how are children behave; especially when they are minors living in our own households!
Agreed! She obviously did not teach her daughter right from wrong or moral values! Looks like she had no control over her either! And she is a VP #1 choice? Gimmee a break!

Old 09-01-2008, 07:31 PM
LML

7,100 posts, read 9,114,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post

Cool. That's a great liberal platform suggest it to Barry. All of a sudden the country will be all a big two-fer.

What planet do you people live on ....the planet of sit back and do nothing and let everyone else pay for you?

Then go on Maury for paternity tests and complain that you can't live 5 people to one check?
I wonder sometimes how old some of the people on this board are. Strange as it may seem to some, it was very, very, very, common for an entire family to live on one paycheck when I was growing up. It was just assumed that, for the most part, dad would go to work and support the family and mom would stay home and take care of kids and home. There were some exceptions and times have changed. But it use to be the norm.

Old 09-01-2008, 07:31 PM

2,072 posts, read 6,698,959 times
Default only if!

The only way its possibly a problem is if the Dad is Louis Farrakhan or Rev Wright. Anybody else is ok!

Old 09-01-2008, 07:34 PM

7 posts, read 16,225 times
Default funny

amcjap,
SO true!

Old 09-01-2008, 07:34 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,665,345 times
Palin sold a state plane on Ebay just reported on Larry King by some dumb reporter woman sticking up for her...she told Larry King at least she did something and that shows some experience! What a joke! http://i290.photobucket.com/albums/ll255/ShogunRob/Emoticons/lmao.gif (broken link)

Old 09-01-2008, 07:35 PM

645 posts, read 910,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by georgia dem View Post
and someone who calls herself BARBIE
is making this kind of a statement
LOL
good grief
F U N N Y
I don't call MYSELF Barbie, I was named Barbara. What does my name have to do with what I said. Turn it around right.

Old 09-01-2008, 07:35 PM

1,083 posts, read 2,293,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by runswithscissors View Post

Reading comprehension isn't your strengh. I'm referring to a person having a job where they can barely feed themselves and now they will need to feed themselves and another person. The job also doesn't provide healthcare. Have you ever seen a hospital bill for even a couple of days! The Repubs want to eliminate all forms of gov't assistance so this family is in dire straits; particularly if the economy keeps going where it's headed under McSame. Now if you're suggesting that a person taking care of another person is expected to work two jobs (if 3 people are in the family then 3 jobs etc,) then tell me where all of these extra jobs will be created to support this dynamic. It's not a matter of laziness for all of these folks but opportunity for several of them.

Added. Most of these girls will not have the financial support of the dads so they are the sole provider. Since when is working a full time job and trying to support a baby on your own being lazy.

Old 09-01-2008, 07:36 PM

25,100 posts, read 39,276,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie621 View Post
Agreed! She obviously did not teach her daughter right from wrong or moral values! Looks like she had no control over her either! And she is a VP #1 choice? Gimmee a break!
Oh Please! Knock off the stupid hyperbole! You don't know the family - you don't know the people -

Give US a break!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections