Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 09:06 PM

645 posts, read 910,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post
Well thanks so much from all the mothers whose teenage daughters got pregnant, I am sure all are pleased to know they have failed as a mother. What exactly consitutes failing as a mother since you seem to know so much about this? People's kid doing drugs, falling into a gang, getting pregnant, running away from home, discovering they are gay. Are all these parents failures too.
Having a gay child is not a failure. Nature vs. Nurture.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2008, 09:07 PM

4,334 posts, read 13,665,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Well, she sold the governors private plane to keep the states costs down, and I'm sure to lower her carbon footprint.

Too bad Al Gore couldn't and hasn't done the same.....

Old 09-01-2008, 09:12 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,644,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie1964 View Post
Grasping. Trying to tip the table... Not that easy
Not at all. Your premise is that how a politician runs his/her own family is a direct correlation to how he/she will run their elected office.
I just put an example out there of a politician with some ugly things in his past -- far uglier then a pregnant teen dd -- that somehow didn't figure into his role as a senator or potential potus. Yet in your opinion it does for palin. Because shes a woman? Because shes rep? Do tell.....

Old 09-01-2008, 09:13 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,644,228 times
Off topic, blondie?
I hardly see how....you brought up selling a private jet, I was merely pointing out that many celebrities er, I mean politicians (sometimes dems get that confused I am beginning to see) make other decisions regarding their private jets. Like...they keep them.

Old 09-01-2008, 09:14 PM

4,264 posts, read 9,283,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie1964 View Post
Having a gay child is not a failure. Nature vs. Nurture.
But everything else I mentioned is parent failure. UHMMMM very strange. And how many kids have you brought into the world, since you seem to be the expert on successful parenting?

Old 09-01-2008, 09:16 PM

4,264 posts, read 9,283,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mimimomx3 View Post
Sounds like someone is going to be kind of busy being a mom to a 4 month old and a grandmother to a 17 year old's baby.
It does doesn't it, thank God women can multi-task.

Old 09-01-2008, 09:17 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,160,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajzjmsmom View Post
But everything else I mentioned is parent failure. UHMMMM very strange. And how many kids have you brought into the world, since you seem to be the expert on successful parenting?
private lives shouldn't really be discussed here.

AND, just like someone doesn't need a degree in botany to grow a tomato, childfree people are allowed to have opinions on parenting......maybe that's why they didn't have kids

Old 09-01-2008, 09:21 PM

3,091 posts, read 3,969,227 times
But, on the other hand, to hear debates about parents homeschooling their children, you would not believe the teachers' comments about parents' inability to do so. Look at the legal difficulties people have trying to homeschool their children. A national legal defense group was organized to defend parents' rights to homeschool their children. States want your children in public schools. Not every teenage girl who gets pregnant is like Britney Spears. Really, they're not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
Maybe if parents would actually participate in their kids' lives we wouldn't need the public school system for this stuff. But if they're not going to have the talk about the birds and the bees, and pretend like sex doesn't exist for kids, they're going to find out on their own that it does. Rather than face these issues they're just letting the TV do the babysitting and whatnot for them, so they can learn about sexuality from Britney and Jamie Lynn Spears. And, er, the Palin family, since it turns out there are a few parallels there.

Old 09-01-2008, 09:30 PM

269 posts, read 542,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
But, on the other hand, to hear debates about parents homeschooling their children, you would not believe the teachers' comments about parents' inability to do so. Look at the legal difficulties people have trying to homeschool their children. A national legal defense group was organized to defend parents' rights to homeschool their children. States want your children in public schools. Not every teenage girl who gets pregnant is like Britney Spears. Really, they're not.
That is true. The State is absolutely desperate to get its hands on as many children as possible, as early in life as possible, and for as many hours a day as possible.

The State wishes to feed them, teach them its worldview, and maybe throw in a few 3 R's while they're at it. They expect nothing less than the soul of your firstborns in return for this service.

Anyway, read the article in this forum about Wasilla. That would about sum up my attitude toward the whole issue.

Bristol isn't a sloppy crackwhore with five different babydaddies; she's a youngster who got caught up in the midst of a crazy little thing called love.

I am glad the couple is doing the right thing by their God and their child and each other, and wish them nothing but the best.

Old 09-01-2008, 09:50 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,418,936 times
I have a problem with it because of what Palin and others like ehr push on everyone.

The evangilicals and the like fully support her, but yet they feel the need to tell me that I can not buy liquor in their county because its irresponsible.

Palin and the conservative like only preach abstinence but yet it clearly seems that this does not work as out of the top ten states with the highest teen pregnancy rates, 8 of them are conservative majority.

I also do not like how everyone is skirting the issue of the fact that some teen still in high school got pregnant, yet again. They made it out to be like some great thing because she did not get an abortion.

Fact is that she is rich, a huge factor in the determination if someone gets an abortion or not, something that totally escapes conservative leadership.

I also do not like conservatives telling people what they can do in their own bedroom but apparently are fully supportive of a child doing anything he or she wants, but are against to adult men or women doing what they want.

Such hypocrisy, I do not care at all politically wise about Bristol being pregnant, another example of trailer trash to me, but I do care about ehr mother's politics and others that like to twist it out to be a great and normal thing all the while condemning others on other social issues.

Do they not have condoms in Alaska? Perhaps Bristol should have learned what one is and how to use it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections