Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2008, 08:50 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,644,228 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbie1964 View Post
The Kennedy's have nothing to do with Sarah Palin's lack of parenting skills. Plus I don't live in Mass. or Rhode Island so I don't have any thoughts about them.
Oh now you must have when ted was running for president....not to mention that as a senator he certainly had a position of power and authority over the country, in a lot of ways more real power then a vp would have. Yet, a rape occured under his very nose....hmmmmm hypocrisy much?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2008, 08:51 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,644,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LML View Post
I wonder sometimes how old some of the people on this board are. Strange as it may seem to some, it was very, very, very, common for an entire family to live on one paycheck when I was growing up. It was just assumed that, for the most part, dad would go to work and support the family and mom would stay home and take care of kids and home. There were some exceptions and times have changed. But it use to be the norm.
Still is the norm for some of us....we live 6 on my dhs paycheck, and nary a government benefit in sight.

Old 09-01-2008, 08:52 PM

21,026 posts, read 22,160,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by coffeehound View Post
Of course the world operates on "ifs." That condom only works IF the kids involved use it correctly, every time. Everything in life hinges on "if.""""

So you believe then that children SHOULD be taught the correct way to use a condom?

"""I agree, there is a mixed message about teen sex and pregnancy, and much of it stem """"

From "granny" placing so much happy emphasis on being a granny no matter what the circumstances.

"""from our total unwillingness to acknowlege teenage love and relationships as being anything other than "horniness" to dispose of in the most convenient way possible.

I think encouraging young marriage would be a fantastic step in the right direction.
"""I think encouraging young marriage would be a fantastic step in the right direction"""

I think marrying young for any reason is NUTS!

So using your reasoning if kids get married at what? 12...13??? Younger?? that's a good thing????

Old 09-01-2008, 08:52 PM

269 posts, read 542,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valley Native View Post
I respect your belief ... but I also believe that children are a burden on taxpayers' wallets, a disaster to well groomed neighborhoods, and a nuisance when allowed to scream & run around in stores and restaurants. That's my belief.

Would you agree with me that the school system should be privatized? I can name a plethora of reasons why abolishing the public system would be beneficial to all people (childless or not).
I would be completely ecstatic to see the system destroyed. It does very little other than turn beautiful children into mindless conformists.

Old 09-01-2008, 08:54 PM

15,216 posts, read 30,571,630 times
Maybe if parents would actually participate in their kids' lives we wouldn't need the public school system for this stuff. But if they're not going to have the talk about the birds and the bees, and pretend like sex doesn't exist for kids, they're going to find out on their own that it does. Rather than face these issues they're just letting the TV do the babysitting and whatnot for them, so they can learn about sexuality from Britney and Jamie Lynn Spears. And, er, the Palin family, since it turns out there are a few parallels there.

Old 09-01-2008, 08:56 PM

269 posts, read 542,563 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
"""I think encouraging young marriage would be a fantastic step in the right direction"""

I think marrying young for any reason is NUTS!

So using your reasoning if kids get married at what? 12...13??? Younger?? that's a good thing????
I think a young woman is ready, IF () she has been properly educated to do so, to keep house and start a family around Bristol's age. 18 or 19 would be more ideal for most, I think. No sense in waiting around much longer than that.

A young man is ready somewhere around his twentieth birthday. If our children spent less time fooling around learning idiocy and silliness at school and more time learning the serious things of this world, they would not "need" to spend four or six years in college mastering basic academic skills and coldly learning to use each other just to get off.

Old 09-01-2008, 08:56 PM

210 posts, read 671,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Who?Me?! View Post
Oh, you are so CRASS! Imagine! Enjoying sex for sex sake!!! How positively sinful..
Underage without birth control... maybe not sinful, but is definitely not responsible.

Old 09-01-2008, 09:02 PM

210 posts, read 671,744 times
For the record, Obama's comment on this:
""Let me be as clear as possible," Obama said. "I think people's families are off-limits, and people's children are especially off-limits. This shouldn't be part of our politics. It has no relevance to Gov. Palin's performance as governor or her potential performance as a vice president."

Old 09-01-2008, 09:03 PM

8,231 posts, read 17,325,114 times
Sounds like someone is going to be kind of busy being a mom to a 4 month old and a grandmother to a 17 year old's baby.

Old 09-01-2008, 09:04 PM

645 posts, read 910,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by camping! View Post
Oh now you must have when ted was running for president....not to mention that as a senator he certainly had a position of power and authority over the country, in a lot of ways more real power then a vp would have. Yet, a rape occured under his very nose....hmmmmm hypocrisy much?
Grasping. Trying to tip the table... Not that easy
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections