Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2008, 06:01 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,761,394 times

Advertisements

No it helped me...there was one person who was calling Bush a terrorist and I was shocked...first I thought it was a joke, but she repeated it in front of my kids and friends and all of them were shocked and didn't like it. Some stopped talking about politics or anything close to it....until we all find out that she is a convicted felon (3 times convicted), so now we know why is was so against the governement listening in on people if the governement thinks there is a threat. The result...nobody in our neighborhood talks to her andwe all find out how we stand on politics and the rest of us are all in favor of McCain/Palin, even in the shops were I go and on the sport fields...all McCain/Palin, so we found out we had even more in common than we thought!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2008, 06:20 AM

23,173 posts, read 26,207,141 times
I wish I had faith in either candidate so strong that it would lead to a heated arguement .

Old 10-17-2008, 07:06 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,433,675 times
I try not to talk politics with those that I know or suspect dislike Obama, often you can see their prejudice seeping through, it's not a petty sight...I'd just prefer not to think lesser of them if possible.

Old 10-17-2008, 07:11 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,853,502 times
every human being on earth is prejudice. regardless of color, ethnicity, or creed. EVERYONE has preconceptions, and those who say they don't, have even more, and they are a liars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
I try not to talk politics with those that I know or suspect dislike Obama, often you can see their prejudice seeping through, it's not a petty sight...I'd just prefer not to think lesser of them if possible.

Old 10-17-2008, 07:14 AM

1,768 posts, read 3,414,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmaarten View Post
Have any of you lost friendships and/or family over the 2008 Presidential election?
No. In order to keep my house from being fire bombed, I've chosen not to put any McCain signs in my yard.

Old 10-17-2008, 07:47 AM

11,078 posts, read 15,084,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by old_cold View Post
I wish I had faith in either candidate so strong that it would lead to a heated arguement .
I agree with you on that....I own a business where the old coots seem to loaf a lot and I hear these stupid arguements daily and although I'm hands down voting for Obama,I don't really "support"him....He is not my choice by a long stretch,but I couldn't vote for McCain and be able to live with myself either.I hope one day a potus candidate comes along from either party that inspires me to back him to the wall,but so far just the same type dullards keep popping up.I do back a lot of regional and local folks that do what they say they are going to do and PROVE it,but so far I haven't seen a national candidate worth two dead flys.

Old 10-17-2008, 07:51 AM

7,211 posts, read 9,433,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarquise View Post
every human being on earth is prejudice. regardless of color, ethnicity, or creed. EVERYONE has preconceptions, and those who say they don't, have even more, and they are a liars.
I love the way you make these definitive statements with no real evidence to back them up.

Old 10-17-2008, 07:57 AM

8,577 posts, read 7,853,502 times
if you saw someone buying a copy of high times magazine, would you not have some prejudgment? I think you would. I have never met you, yet you have consistently called me a mccain supporter. how's that for real evidence? I am officially endorsing and writing in john galt.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Upton View Post
I love the way you make these definitive statements with no real evidence to back them up.

Old 10-17-2008, 08:05 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,550,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJon3475 View Post
You're unaware that Einstein was profoundly anti-religious.

"It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated. I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me which can be called religious then it is the unbounded admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science can reveal it." (Albert Einstein, 1954) From Albert Einstein: The Human Side, edited by Helen Dukas and Banesh Hoffman, Princeton University Press

Old 10-17-2008, 08:18 AM

10,503 posts, read 15,569,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stmaarten View Post
Have any of you lost friendships and/or family over the 2008 Presidential election?
No, although I called my dad deluded the other day. I also am no longer friends w/someone, nothing to do w/the election actually, who was a republican, decided to become a democrat when Hilary was running, & then switched back to being a republican when Hilary lost & McCain chose Palin. This ex-friend feels that women should stick together. I'm sorry, that's totally ridiculous. She switches parties based on the gender of whoever is on the ticket? That's as bad as someone not voting based on race. All I can say is, I'm glad I'm not friends w/this person anymore, it was impossible talking politics w/her as she a couple of times would give me a backhanded insult. I should've kicked her ass out of my apartment those times & been done w/her a long time ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections