Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 12:03 AM

2,769 posts, read 7,236,156 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoppingCartLaw View Post

There are traitors within.
Like General Colon Bowel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2008, 12:05 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,337,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TnHilltopper View Post
Well McCain was never really a favorite of the right to begin with. Even those who admired his 2000 campaign run have noticed a stark difference with how he is today. The fact that he is trying to run under the party flag of Bush which by itself is no easy feat, but then add the economic crisis, a poorly managed campaign, and a Congressional slaughter and you end up with what you have today.

While I may not hold my breath as I suspect it will take more than one election cycle and probably more like three to gain back what the GOP has lost over the course of the past 7 years, rest assured they will be back in force and hopefully centered around a more traditional philosophy.

Might as well dream big right?
Nothing wrong with that - and I have to say, that when that time comes I might be there voting with you.

The fact is, incompetence and corruption is not the sole jurisdiction of any one party - and the primary reason the GOP became so corrupt and incompetent is the fact that they held power for too long. Eventually the same fate will befall the Democrats and they will be forced from power. In all likelihood they will even lose some Congressional seats in the NEXT election - though they will hold on to a majority for much longer than that (your estimates of the time needed could wel be accurate - at least as a minimum).

The fact is NO SINGLE party has any God-given right to continuous power, but somehow, party's seem to continually forget that and so lose sight of how they got into power to begin with.

Roughly half of the county supports each party and in truth it's only fair that each side gets it's turn.

Ken

Old 10-24-2008, 12:07 AM

20,460 posts, read 26,337,717 times
Quote:
The McCAIN camp is riddled with LIBERAL plants. This is evident by liberal plants armed with video cameras during their rally while having their co-conspirators display some outrageous behavior in front of the camera. And this video would quickly surface on the Internet to be salivated over by liberals.

The McCain camp finally figure it out that there are traitors within.
See, I rest my case about the GOP devouring itself. It's definitely started.

Ken

Old 10-24-2008, 12:11 AM

11,135 posts, read 14,196,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
Nothing wrong with that - and I have to say, that when that time comes I might be there voting with you.

The fact is, incompetence and corruption is not the sole jurisdiction of any one party - and the primary reason the GOP became so corrupt and incompetent is the fact that they held power for too long. Eventually the same fate will befall the Democrats and they will be forced from power. In all likelihood they will even lose some Congressional seats in the NEXT election - though they will hold on to a majority for much longer than that (your estimates of the time needed could wel be accurate - at least as a minimum).

The fact is NO SINGLE party has any God-given right to continuous power, but somehow, party's seem to continually forget that and so lose sight of how they got into power to begin with.

Roughly half of the county supports each party and in truth it's only fair that each side gets it's turn.

Ken

I lay a good portion of the fall of the contemporary Republican Party on the ascension of neoconservatism/neoliberalism that has so permeated the party since the last term of Reagan. The co-opting of the social conservatives and more extreme fringe elements as a divisive force while at the same time, moving towards a more liberalized foreign policy married to the military.

I suspect this is one of the reasons why there are so many independents, moderates, and undecided voters as they are the former fiscal/small government conservatives from both Republican and Democratic circles.

Notice how hawkish the mantra has been from the left since the Clinton era? If Obama is now considered to be one of the most liberal Senators, then Kucinich is probably considered a full fledged communist.

I don't think many folks remember what actual conservatives and liberals look like as we haven't really seen many since the latter 1970s

Last edited by TnHilltopper; 10-24-2008 at 09:59 AM..

Old 10-24-2008, 12:12 AM

1,544 posts, read 2,076,197 times
Quote:
See, I rest my case about the GOP devouring itself. It's definitely started.

Ken
That's the OBAMA tactic by the way. Liberals hanging out with the enemy pretending to be one of them.

Old 10-24-2008, 12:14 AM

8,064 posts, read 18,013,272 times
McCain is doing better than any other Republican would have done. GWB tarnished the brand terribly. Of course, since the people who "wanted to have a beer with him" and elected him because of that won't take responsibility for what they did, they're just pinning it all on the GOP. Stupid.

I don't think the Republicans believed they would win the White House. If there's angst in the party, it's probably over Congressional elections. To have an entirely Dem. government, especially with nutjobs Pelosi and Reid in charge, is bad news for EVERYONE except the hippiest-dippiest libs.

Old 10-24-2008, 12:23 AM

5,032 posts, read 12,612,951 times
What we are observing is the complete fracturing of the GOP with Libertarians battling the evangelicals & neocons. If the GOP smartens-up it will follow the lead of Ron Paul & become a party with some principles\ convictions. Otherwise the GOP will aimlessly 'wander in the desert' & be the butte of every joke

Old 10-24-2008, 01:20 AM

2,159 posts, read 2,583,692 times
Quote:
Well, I've said all along that after the reality of the coming defeat sets in, the Republican Party will implode in a blood bath - with everyone pointing to someone else as the cause of the loss. McCain and Bush will come under particularly scathing attacks.

Ken
Sounds too good to be true - but we can be optimistic and hope it comes to pass...

Old 10-24-2008, 02:57 AM

11,449 posts, read 14,468,431 times
Quote:
Rick Davis the campaign manager should be blamed. He is a closet liberal who lobbied for Fannie/Freddie.
hahaha, the GOP implosion is even blamed on liberals! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You guys can't man up to anything!

TOO FUNNY!!!!!

Old 10-24-2008, 05:58 AM

13,395 posts, read 45,031,451 times
Default GOP: The Blame Game Begins

In McCain-Land, the Blame Game Begins
“With despair rising even among many of John McCain’s own advisors, influential Republicans inside and outside his campaign are engaged in an intense round of blame-casting and rear-covering—-much of it virtually conceding that an Election Day rout is likely.”
It's been interesting to watch how poorly McCain has done in the West.
The article notes that the demographics have changed with the influence of migrating constituents.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections