Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 08:34 AM

5,299 posts, read 8,257,892 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShoppingCartLaw View Post
THIS article is from the Wall Street Obama Journal, why would anyone believe journalism nowadays.
I prefer the New York Times myself. An in depth article will be featured in the Sunday Magazine. BTW - The Wall Street Journal is by no means a liberal newspaper.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2008, 08:35 AM

11,706 posts, read 24,797,602 times
Quote:
Media Bias Is Real, Finds UCLA Political Scientist / UCLA Newsroom

While the editorial page of The Wall Street Journal is conservative, the newspaper's news pages are liberal, even more liberal than The New York Times. The Drudge Report may have a right-wing reputation, but it leans left. Coverage by public television and radio is conservative compared to the rest of the mainstream media. Meanwhile, almost all major media outlets tilt to the left.
These are just a few of the surprising findings from a UCLA-led study, which is believed to be the first successful attempt at objectively quantifying bias in a range of media outlets and ranking them accordingly.
I take it you have never read the news articles in their paper then.

Old 10-24-2008, 08:42 AM

2,600 posts, read 2,325,119 times
I should write something caustic, incidiary, and degrading, then a moderator will close the thread.
well, it's been apparent that the republican party hasn't exactly been in love with McSame throughout the campaign, McSame slammed bushka yesterday, people must be wondering, how does a republican candidate distance him/her self from a party from which neither has lost any love for? McSame is pretty much between a rock and a hard place. maybe only if McSame hadn't voted with bushka so many times, 90+% of the time, and distanced himself from this administration long ago, maybe he would actually have a chance of winning the election, but now that he has been painted as a bush supporter, the average American is, really trying to figure him out. people like him and respect him, but he's such a flippity-flopper, nobody can say what he might do, once elected, and, this might be possibly why Obama is pulling ahead in the polls? I watched a special about McSame last night, and, he is not fully to blame for the way he voted on some bills, as we all know, many bills have trash attached to them, and the people who should be voting no for something are often forced to vote yes, to try to get the bills passed. as for me, if I were president, I would support line item veto.

Old 10-24-2008, 08:42 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,544,683 times
Default GOP: The Blame Game Begins

There's plenty of blame to go around, but little of it belongs to McCain.

Most of it goes directly to Rove, Bush and Cheney. These three are the "architects" of the Republican meltdown. Then some can go to the hardcore neocon idealogues like Phil Gramm and Newt Gingrich who led their fellow Republicans down the path to electoral disaster. Save some for the religious crackpots like Pat Robertson. And then some of it can be generalized to all GOP officeholders who simply bleated like sheep and acquiesced to the neocon agenda of war, outscourcing, and reconcentration of wealth, screwing mainstream Americans hard and heavy in the process.

Well done!

Now, enjoy your upcoming electoral banishment. May it be deep and long.

Old 10-24-2008, 08:43 AM

Quote:
THIS article is from the Wall Street Obama Journal, why would anyone believe journalism nowadays.
Well, you still have newsmax and The Limbaugh Letter to fall back on, don't you?

Old 10-24-2008, 08:53 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,954,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SLCPUNK View Post
hahaha, the GOP implosion is even blamed on liberals! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You guys can't man up to anything!

TOO FUNNY!!!!!
LOL, it is pretty funny to watch when the finger pointing begins...

And thanks Ken for bringing up the "Party of Personal Responsibility." LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOLLOL LOL LOL LOL

Old 10-24-2008, 08:59 AM

15,402 posts, read 28,954,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Well, you still have newsmax and The Limbaugh Letter to fall back on, don't you?
And the Drudge Report... oh wait, I hear they're pulling the plug on Drudge. What a shame.

Old 10-24-2008, 09:45 AM

Relax, everyone...

McCain's upcoming defeat isn't really the "fault" of anyone working in his campaign. The Republican label is to blame. It's become toxic. I doubt that there's anything Mack & Co could have done to achieve a better result. The numerous failed and highly damaging Republican policies of recent years are now bearing bitter fruit:

1. encouraging illegal immigration
2. deregulating the economy
3. outsourcing US jobs
4. "preemptive" wars
5. anti-science/anti-education

The great mass of the American public, who in the past were willing to trust elected officials to act in their best interests are now fully aware of the depth of the GOP betrayal.

Look for a huge tsunami to sweep the electoral landscape in a week and a half, folks. It's turning grim. very grim.

And no political party has ever earned such a fate as the GOP has currently.

Old 10-24-2008, 09:48 AM

2,886 posts, read 7,136,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerlily View Post
I prefer the New York Times myself. An in depth article will be featured in the Sunday Magazine. BTW - The Wall Street Journal is by no means a liberal newspaper.
The NY Times article is already online, and it does include an in-depth discussion about major decisions McCain made, including choosing Palin for VP.

The Making (and Remaking) of McCain

Old 10-24-2008, 09:49 AM

26,218 posts, read 49,060,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Relax, everyone...

McCain's upcoming defeat isn't really the "fault" of anyone working in his campaign. The Republican label is to blame. It's become toxic. I doubt that there's anything Mack & Co could have done to achieve a better result. The numerous failed and highly damaging Republican policies of recent years are now bearing bitter fruit:

1. encouraging illegal immigration
2. deregulating the economy
3. outsourcing US jobs
4. "preemptive" wars
5. anti-science/anti-education

The great mass of the American public, who in the past were willing to trust elected officials to act in their best interests are now fully aware of the depth of the GOP betrayal.

Look for a huge tsunami to sweep the electoral landscape in a week and a half, folks. It's turning grim. very grim.

And no political party has ever earned such a fate as the GOP has currently.
Dude, you just said a 10-gallon hat full of truth.

I'm relishing the tidal wave that will sweep out tons of GOP flotsam, hoping for a DEM super-majority in the Senate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections