Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you care if Obama is constitutionally eligible to be President?
Yes - And if he is not eligible he should remove himself 133 75.57%
Yes - I care but think he should still be able to be President 6 3.41%
No - I don't care, and would still vote for him if not eligible 33 18.75%
No - I don't care - and will not be voting for him 4 2.27%
Voters: 176. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2008, 06:09 PM

873 posts, read 1,588,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoro View Post
[/b]

To be entirely honest, I've only seen it mentioned on internet political forums by rabid right wingers frothing at the mouth with Obamaphobia.

My question:

Why don't you not trust the FBI to conduct a thorough background investigation? Do you hate long-standing American law enforcement agencies?
So true and listening to these posts, you'd think he hadn't had a background investigation. I've worked a couple of jobs where I've had a full background investigation and they don't even come close to President of the US, obviously. Duh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-25-2008, 06:12 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
Quote:
[/b]

To be entirely honest, I've only seen it mentioned on internet political forums by rabid right wingers frothing at the mouth with Obamaphobia.

My question:

Why don't you not trust the FBI to conduct a thorough background investigation? Do you hate long-standing American law enforcement agencies?
Where did you get the idea that the FBI does this kind of check. My son was top secret in the Navy. Obama would never get through the investigation he was put through. There seems to be a difference between qualified people and elected officials. If they had to be checked like my son was, we would probably lose at least half of congress. It might be a good idea to have them start checking on these candidates.

I am sure McCain had to be checked and double checked. That is one good reason to vote for him. His military duty would have required many checks. So you have a choice between tried and true and an unknown product.

Old 10-25-2008, 06:25 PM

873 posts, read 1,588,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Where did you get the idea that the FBI does this kind of check. My son was top secret in the Navy. Obama would never get through the investigation he was put through. There seems to be a difference between qualified people and elected officials. If they had to be checked like my son was, we would probably lose at least half of congress. It might be a good idea to have them start checking on these candidates.

I am sure McCain had to be checked and double checked. That is one good reason to vote for him. His military duty would have required many checks. So you have a choice between tried and true and an unknown product.
Do you suppose that with all of the information that the President of the United States is privy to, perhaps maybe, just maybe, he'd have to have a background check?

Old 10-25-2008, 06:39 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eastidahomom View Post
Do you suppose that with all of the information that the President of the United States is privy to, perhaps maybe, just maybe, he'd have to have a background check?
And who is going to check on him, his employees? I agree with you and have questions about this, but I have been told there is a double standard although I don't know how reliable the source was. Maybe someone that knows can tell us all. They basically said the elected Senators are not checked on. I hope that is not true.

I doubt anybody that knows is going to tell us anything. I have always wondered about all the deaths in the sixties. We were hearing rumors of communist connections of some public figures at that time. I think there are some things we will never know about in this life.

Old 10-25-2008, 07:07 PM

2,195 posts, read 3,641,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xplorer View Post
What proof?? Are you talking about the birth certificate on factcheck that cannot be trusted?? Or are you talking about the this??
No, I'm talking about Politifact, too.

As for "cannot be trusted," I will ask you the same unanswered question I asked Kooter:

Whose word would you accept? What would constitute proof to you, given that you are NEVER going to personally be able to verify anything?

Quote:
Again, if Berg actually has a tape of Obama's grandmother saying she was in the room when Obama was born in Kenya...
Atty. Berg's made that claim, but, as I noted, he has a) not provided a translation or b) permitted any neutral source to verify that it says what he claims it says.

He has no verification of his claims.

Obama has the state of Hawaii and the Dept. of State of the United States accepting that his birth certificate is valid and the Department of State's indicating that his citizenship claim is valid. There's also the little matter of the Newspaper's birth announcement:

Quote:
Because here's the kicker if he was born in kenya then flown to the US a day or two later - it isn't impossible the newborn was brought to the hospital and they lied about his birth to obtain US citizenship so that he could stay in the US with his mother - who didn't qualify to make her son a natural born US citizen. In such as case he'd get a Hawaiian birth certificate and things would look legit, even to a background check.
Setting aside that Atty Berg's provided zero evidence to the public, you are assuming that the hospital either was prepared to lie for Obama's mother or that they were incompetent at recognizing a new born vs. a two day (or so) old. This strikes me as more than a bit of a stretch. So..., no.

I'm sure that my words are not sufficient to convince you. Whose would be?.

Last edited by jps-teacher; 10-25-2008 at 07:20 PM..

Old 10-25-2008, 07:11 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,196,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I am sure McCain had to be checked and double checked.
Yet you think Obama didn't have to be checked and double checked, why is that?

Old 10-25-2008, 07:30 PM

3,463 posts, read 7,307,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jps-teacher View Post
So, let me try a simple question for you, Kooter...

What authority would you believe on this? Whose word or verification would you accept?

I ask this the certificate provided to a variety of organization matches the information that was in the Hawaiian newspapers a few days after his birth.

Politifact was one of the organizations that received a birth certificate and verified it with the Hawaiian Department of Health. "It's a valid Hawaii state birth certificate," said spokesman Janice Okubo.

Let's go a bit further. You've claimed that Obama's grandmother admitted that he was born in Kenya. I presume that you are referring to the claim by Attty. Berg that he has a statement from the woman that says this.

Unfortunately, he had yet to have it translated or presented to a non-partisan official. He told the court about it in a document (according to a news story I read), but did not give them the tape he claims to have.

Further, his birth certificate was sufficient for the Dept. of State to issue him a passport.
So, we have the Hawaiian Dept. of Health, the U.S. Dept. of State, a Newspaper at the time... all verifying that he was born in Hawaii, plus at least 3 U.S. fact checking groups that concur.

On the other side, we have Atty. Berg, some internet photoshop experts, an Italian Wikipedia article, and a claim that his father's mother was there in the birthing room in Kenya, where there were no birthing rooms at the time of Obamas birth - and with no actual recordings of it that anybody else can have translated.

Again, what evidence would you accept? What source would you consider valid, given that you, yourself, are NEVER going to have the ability to personally verify this?

Who would you trust?
Let him testify in a court of law (under oath) where he has been told he was born according to his grandmother and [now] deceased mother. Also, ask him specific questions about when, and how, he obtained a birth certificate from the state of Hawaii. Ask him to produce the long form of his birth certificate. this can all be handled in a court. He's a lawyer - he knows the ramifications of lying under oath. Also, let the court ask him if he stated on his State Bar application that he had never used any name other than Barack Hussein Obama, yet he has admitted going by the first name of "Barry" and the last name of "Soetoro".

Old 10-25-2008, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
please stop its not an issue its already been demonstrated his mom is american.
he is by law a us citizen since birth regardless of where he was born.
stop the smear please.
obama 08
Wrong! Just because his mother is American does not qualify Obama to be American. His father was not American. His mother being American but giving birth to Obama in Kenya does not even come close to making Obama a U.S. Citizen, which is required to be President of the U.S.

Old 10-25-2008, 07:33 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,196,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooter View Post
Let him testify in a court of law (under oath)
He has to be charged with something first....DUH! And don't talk about Berg's bogus claims.

Old 10-25-2008, 07:35 PM

Quote:
[/b]

My question:

The FBI does not do that...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections