Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ....
Yes, blacks can still complain about racism 47 63.51%
No, blacks cannot complain about racism 27 36.49%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2008, 12:46 PM

695 posts, read 1,377,837 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by songgirl View Post
The "ALSO just" part of your post says it all. As I said, minimizing his "blackness" is another way of trying to minimize the significance of his acheivement. That is crystal clear.
That's interesting. You KNOW what was thinking and meaning, right?

Well, hate to break it to you girlie, but you are DEAD WRONG.

Now... would you care to explain to me - with out the attempted mind reading - why Obama is NEVER referred to as "half white"?

Old 12-01-2008, 12:47 PM

8,577 posts, read 7,853,502 times
what achievement is that? the same one that GWB achieved? congrats! that's a real significant thing there. being a politician elected to be the next bad president. I'm proud of my country!

Quote:
Originally Posted by songgirl View Post
The "ALSO just" part of your post says it all. As I said, minimizing his "blackness" is another way of trying to minimize the significance of his acheivement. That is crystal clear.

Old 12-01-2008, 12:48 PM

12,373 posts, read 13,197,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffreySH View Post
I'm just saying it's very interesting that he is NEVER referred to as half-white.
Moderator cut: Discuss ideas, not posters

When it became obvious that Obama was going to be the next POTUS many Obama haters referred to him as half white....I guess that made their fall somewhat easier to take.

Old 12-01-2008, 12:50 PM

he's not half white, he's actually 100% white. the only black influence in his life left him when he was a child. he became black when it was in his political interest. I bet if he had a white wife he would be white, and thus explains his marriage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
You haven't been on this forum long enough, when it became obvious that Obama was going to be the next POTUS many Obama haters referred to him as half white....I guess that made their fall somewhat easier to take.

Old 12-01-2008, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meson View Post
Moderator cut: Discuss ideas, not posters

When it became obvious that Obama was going to be the next POTUS many Obama haters referred to him as half white....I guess that made their fall somewhat easier to take.
Interesting. I never heard any Obama haters refer to him as half white. Got any links? Evidence?

Old 12-01-2008, 12:57 PM

216 posts, read 290,667 times
Quote:
Did I say he doesn't have that right?

I'm just saying it's very interesting that he is NEVER referred to as half-white.

If he's our nation's first black President, isn't he ALSO just another white President?
According to what source, the white media? When have the white race ever openly claimed a biracial (half-white & half-black) as one of their own in the media? Obama has acknowledged his mother and grandparents who are white, what's your point?

I've found that the media only refer to a biracial person as black (please correct me if I'm wrong). I'm sure Obama fully understand that racism still exists and may have found it easier to just be Black. Unlike Tiger Woods who claimed almost every race, but look at all the backlash.

Old 12-01-2008, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatinNJ View Post
According to what source, the white media? When have the white race ever openly claimed a biracial (half-white & half-black) as one of their own in the media? Obama has acknowledged his mother and grandparents who are white, what's your point?

I've found that the media only refer to a biracial person as black (please correct me if I'm wrong). I'm sure Obama fully understand that racism still exists and may have found it easier to just be Black. Unlike Tiger Woods who claimed almost every race, but look at all the backlash.
So you're admitting that Obama chose to be referred to has half black because racism still exists?

Does that mean that he knew if he spoke of being half white, he wouldn't have had any chance of being elected?

That makes it sound like it's the blacks who are racists.

Old 12-01-2008, 01:02 PM

216 posts, read 290,667 times
Quote:
So you're admitting that Obama chose to be referred to has half black because racism still exists?

Does that mean that he knew if he spoke of being half white, he wouldn't have had any chance of being elected?

That makes it sound like it's the blacks who are racists.
I'll answer your question once you answer mines.

Old 12-01-2008, 01:02 PM

24,645 posts, read 38,660,406 times
Quote:
Okay, I'll make a note of it next time I hear Barack Obama referred to as a "European American."

Thanks for the heads up.

The next time you hear that will be the first time you hear that. He is a black man. Period.

Old 12-01-2008, 01:04 PM

you forgot that he's also an egotistical jerk. but I guess that's common knowledge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil's Dad View Post
The next time you hear that will be the first time you hear that. He is a black man. Period.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections