Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2009, 10:14 PM

385 posts, read 626,649 times

Advertisements

Every day since he's become President I look forward to hearing what he's accomplished for the day and I feel like it's quite a bit in his only six days in office!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2009, 10:22 PM

3,199 posts, read 4,318,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boywithstick View Post
Every day since he's become President I look forward to hearing what he's accomplished for the day and I feel like it's quite a bit in his only six days in office!
I know, I mean he managed to get an income tax evader nominated to head up the Treasury!!! The guy is simply amazing

Old 01-26-2009, 10:23 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,878,379 times
Another zinger...

Old 01-26-2009, 10:23 PM

10,757 posts, read 35,445,927 times
Quote:
I feel the same way, before this I DREADED news of the president and his goings on, while I laugh at the jokes that are told about Bush, especially the snips on David Letterman, I got to the point where I felt so embarassed for him, it was hard to watch.

With Obama, I feel pride, a sense of excitement and wonder at what he will do next. I feel pride especially because Obama being elected is a sign that our country is growing and might someday get past its racist routes.

Old 01-26-2009, 10:24 PM

1,992 posts, read 4,148,118 times
I think most of our recent presidents accomplished a lot in the first six days:

Bush managed to chop 40 cords of wood.

Clinton met all of the female interns.

Bush Sr. helped Barb get settled.

And Reagan, with Nancy, consulted with all of the astrologers in Washington.

Carter figured out how to get from the White House to Congress and made maps for all of the Georgians he brought in with him.

Compare that to what Obama has done. He has been amazing with his energy and drive. I hope he doesn't burn himself out.

Old 01-26-2009, 10:28 PM

385 posts, read 626,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allydriver View Post
I know, I mean he managed to get an income tax evader nominated to head up the Treasury!!! The guy is simply amazing

Old 01-26-2009, 10:31 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,702,366 times
Quote:
Man, that's hilarious! I agree 100%. He's gotten pretty much all of the Clinton staff in there too. No new blood, no new direction. New direction to me means new people we've never heard of before. Now, that's being daring. Yeah, he's got the tax evader and now he's getting some good pork projects into the bailout bill and causing a mess with the individual states setting up emission standards.

And also he's going to redecorate the white house using the same decorator he slammed, who?, Merrill Lynch or something, for using to redecorate a conference room, claiming it was with bailout money when it wasn't?

Old 01-26-2009, 10:32 PM

425 posts, read 665,762 times
Quote:
OMG! Will you please be my new BFF???

Old 01-26-2009, 10:34 PM

19,567 posts, read 21,878,379 times
Stop raining on the parade of the poor Obamaphiles...

Old 01-26-2009, 10:34 PM

18,161 posts, read 15,638,146 times
Quote:
I'd like to know what anti depressant your doc gives you......that kind of euphoria is usually associated with REAL good narcotics.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Elections