Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-02-2014, 02:42 PM

4,491 posts, read 6,345,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by musiqum View Post
So what? What's wrong with it?
RT.com news don't lie and do NOT manipulate facts as it do a many western press.
But if don't want to get the truth and real pictures of what's going on in the world then don't bother...
Right... I hope you have to at least laugh while writing stuff like that? I am genuinely baffled that people consider that news channel to be a viable source of information.

Last edited by viribusunitis; 03-02-2014 at 02:51 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2014, 02:44 PM

2,776 posts, read 1,842,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maksim_Frolov View Post
Yes, of course, but Kiev can start handing out weapons from army depots, including assault rifle AK 7.62. A large number of armed people can make the situation in the city of is very difficult.
Who is "Kiev"? People of the Ukraine who will not fight with russians and you know why is that.
Take a look how many commanders of the ukrainian army join with Russia. The only military power in Ukraine who will fight with russians is neo-nazis. But they would be removed very quick by the russian' ВДВ.

Old 03-02-2014, 02:46 PM

1,704 posts, read 1,838,322 times
Quote:
So what? What's wrong with it?
RT.com news don't lie and do NOT manipulate facts as it do a many western press.
But if don't want to get the truth and real pictures of what's going on in the world then don't bother...
Russian TV channels have a good track record of not being controlled directly by the government... oh wait.
That's like saying if you want to get an idea of what's going on in North-Korea you should watch their news or one should have listened to the news fabricated by Goebbels and taken it as pure truth.

Russia can't be trusted, this should be evident to anybody whose memory is longer than that of a goldfish.

Old 03-02-2014, 02:53 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,822,893 times
All media sources are biased, some more than others, and depending on the venue. The US media has really went down hill since Desert Storm, to where it has become more activists oriented and while not lying, omits and spins the details.

In global affairs, BBC, RT, and Al Jazeera are in my opinion the most credible, though I take it with a grain of salt when this involves local reporting, but even still seems more informative than the Fox/NBC/CNN in the US, if for anything, the US media omits too many items.

Having a media controlled/influenced by the gov is no better or worse than one controlled/influenced by corporations. The fact is, people should be more well versed in areas of history and current affairs, and not take information from one source, but from many sources, and come to a conclusion. Instead, we have masses of people forming opinions based off of clips from Fox News, and the last history item they have read was in high school or college, and vote alone single social issues like abortion or gay marriage.

Old 03-02-2014, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by viribusunitis View Post
Right... I hope you have to at least laugh while writing stuff like that?
No, I wept wondering why is some people so prejudiced, narrow-minded and can't see the reality soberly? Why it's so easy to manipulate them? Why are they so blinded by their mind?

Old 03-02-2014, 02:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuuKulgur View Post
Russia can't be trusted.
I can say the same about the EU and american media outlets.

Old 03-02-2014, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
In global affairs, BBC, RT, and Al Jazeera are in my opinion the most credible
I live in USA for almost 17 years and I couldn't find a credible news channel in America as RT and Al-Jazzera. I am comparing different news sources and can see all the BS that western people' eating on a daily basis. But most of them even don't aware of it. Sigh..

Old 03-02-2014, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KuuKulgur View Post
I hope Russia will pay a high price for it's doings in Ukraine.
Don't repeat this stupidity of the stupid US politics as a parrot. It is ridiculous.

Old 03-02-2014, 03:31 PM

1,704 posts, read 1,838,322 times
Quote:
Don't repeat this stupidity of the stupid US politics as a parrot. It is ridiculous.
This opinion or hope is not only entitled to the US politicians. I can't speak for any other nation but for my own. But my country reflects this statement very much.

Old 03-02-2014, 03:49 PM

647 posts, read 797,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
What "last time"?
What exactly are you talking about?
I meant that 675,000 Ukrainians had left for Russia in January-February this year.
Russia's border guards say Ukrainians flee, see signs of humanitarian catastrophe-TASS | Reuters

Quote:
Germany: Putin Accepts Merkel Contact Group Idea

The German government said Russian President Vladimir Putin on Sunday accepted a proposal by Chancellor Angela Merkel to set up a "contact group" aimed at facilitating dialogue in the Ukraine crisis.
Germany: Putin Accepts Merkel Contact Group Idea - ABC News
Weird, it seems that Putin just bluffed using Crimean crisis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe