Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2018, 05:55 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,442,089 times

Advertisements

Russia and China are building and working together. Russia to build a port in Nenets, 4 billion euros worth.

https://www.rt.com/business/445306-r...-arctic-shelf/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2018, 08:33 PM

6,467 posts, read 8,188,270 times
RT = Russian propaganda.

Old 12-02-2018, 09:26 AM

12,022 posts, read 11,572,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
Russia and China are building and working together. Russia to build a port in Nenets, 4 billion euros worth.

https://www.rt.com/business/445306-r...-arctic-shelf/
India, China, and Japan are all getting involved with Russia's arctic gas projects.

India-Russia joint arctic LNG development

US military contractor job posting for combat zones in Ukraine accidentally exposed

link

You see these from time to time in the government news for areas where the US is involved in covert operations. The contract postings are commonly for weapons procurement, logistics (trucking), and extraordinary interrogation (torture).

Old 12-02-2018, 10:47 AM

I have no doubt US troops are all over the Ukraine in various capacities. Including murderers/assassins.

Old 12-02-2018, 11:43 AM

14,497 posts, read 9,433,651 times
Quote:
I have no doubt US troops are all over the Ukraine in various capacities. Including murderers/assassins.
LOL. I seriously doubt that. Would be cool if we did though, because Russia definitely has this.

Old 12-02-2018, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Roving snipers behind enemy lines is a big tactic in black wars.

new doctrine

We first heard about it in Ukraine with the British snipers during the Maiden protests and in Syria with the mercenaries from Serbia.

Old 12-02-2018, 03:20 PM

26,787 posts, read 22,549,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
I'm fluent in Russian but Ukrainian sounds "Greek" to me.
P.S. Here DKM, today I accidentally came across the video that explains why Ukrainian can/can't be understood after Russian.
This video gives an overview of the history of Russian language, ( mentioning the common roots with Ukrainian and Belorussian.) This helps, but this background does not completely explains the situation, until we probably come to 5:24, where the "father of modern Russian language" A.S. Pushkin sorts out "diglossia" and makes the "low conversational language" a legitimate part of Russian.
Before I go any further - "DIGLOSSIA is a relatively stable language situation in which, in addition to the primary dialects of the language (which may include a standard or regional standards), there is a very divergent, highly codified (often grammatically more complex) superposed variety, the vehicle of a large and respected body of written literature, either of an earlier period or in another speech community, which is learned largely by formal education and is used for most written and formal spoken purposes but is not used by any sector of the community for ordinary conversation.[1]"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4cXIyyc-L0

So to make the long story short, if you learn Russian as a foreign language, you learn the "high" version of it. With time you become familiar with the "middle" version of it ( assuming you have a lot of practice.) But you still most likely remain unfamiliar with the "low" version ( or "vernacular" version, to give it a fancy name.) But that's the version that gives the most clues about Ukrainian language, and that's why it's possible for native Russian speakers ( provided they are well familiar with the two lower levels,) to figure out Ukrainian.
And this basically explains as well why Russian speakers in Ukraine sound more educated overall, since their language is more academic ( and hence provides more outlets to academic knowledge, foreign including) than Ukrainian. It is no surprise that Ukrainian is regarded more of a language of the peasantry, since the Western Ukraine is predominantly agrarian, vs industrial East of the country.
I kinda always sensed that, but this video gave me more tangible explanation.

Old 12-02-2018, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
India, China, and Japan are all getting involved with Russia's arctic gas projects.

India-Russia joint arctic LNG development

US military contractor job posting for combat zones in Ukraine accidentally exposed

link

You see these from time to time in the government news for areas where the US is involved in covert operations. The contract postings are commonly for weapons procurement, logistics (trucking), and extraordinary interrogation (torture).
Something to add.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hEBvYcBfz6U&app=desktop

Old 12-02-2018, 06:50 PM

Also seen procurement for domestic producers to supply Russian rifles and other small arms

link

One way to disguise that the US and other countries are intentionally flooding areas with weapons to create chaos.

Old 12-03-2018, 12:00 AM

5,786 posts, read 4,233,407 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DKM View Post
Russian aircraft regularly violate the airspace of European countries. Seems you would support shooting them down? I'm all for it but Europe are still believers in peace.
NATO aircraft also regularly violate the airspace of Russian Federation.

+
Media creates a tantrum, but reconnaissance aircraft are the usual work of military.
For example, tracks of US reconnaissance aircraft during the detention of Ukrainian ships.
RC-135:

https://s8.hostingkartinok.com/uploa...e2cec938be.jpg

Q-4 Global Hawk (UAVGH000):

https://s8.hostingkartinok.com/uploa...6d9a444c4e.jpg

Last edited by Maksim_Frolov; 12-03-2018 at 12:19 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe