Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-20-2017, 08:46 AM

2,205 posts, read 3,334,118 times

Advertisements

I go to office in Düsseldorf in blue jeans almost everyday. If I have meetings I am wearing suit of course, lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-20-2017, 09:07 AM

25,947 posts, read 24,752,932 times
Levi Strauss (-> Levi's) was himself from Bavaria, actually not far from where the Dassler brothers founded Adidas and Puma. It seems jeans and sneakers are rather German to begin with

Old 07-20-2017, 03:21 PM

2,304 posts, read 2,963,512 times
This is so much an absurdly dumb post it's hardly worth commenting on.

Old 07-20-2017, 04:57 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,436,629 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQSunseeker View Post
This is so much an absurdly dumb post it's hardly worth commenting on.
And yet here you are.

Old 07-20-2017, 11:11 PM

1,529 posts, read 916,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
And yet here you are.
And so are you, unfortunately. I do remember you from your posts about the 2016th Olympics. They were quite a pleasure to read.

Old 07-21-2017, 12:01 AM

526 posts, read 376,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
Perhaps not that single video but you have to admit Germans are naturally arrogant and believe in their moral superiority. They think it's their place to tell others what to do while they hold deeply racist views to all none Germans (they hide it but if you pay careful attention it reveals itself clearly).
Unfortunately for a part you are right!! For work I live much of my time with Germans and Austrians, I can to say that they are very similar...they believe to be the best of the world...they are arrogant with the majority of foreigners but about of this case I think there is a big problem with immigration and unfortunately serves a bit of hardness.

Old 07-21-2017, 04:50 AM

5,214 posts, read 4,024,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ste68 View Post
Unfortunately for a part you are right!! For work I live much of my time with Germans and Austrians, I can to say that they are very similar...they believe to be the best of the world...they are arrogant with the majority of foreigners but about of this case I think there is a big problem with immigration and unfortunately serves a bit of hardness.
Good observation but I'd say they're 2nd place in terms of "we are the best of the best" after Canada and Scandinavia. Ironically you'll never hear this attitude from citizens of places that are really the best: Dubai, Monaco, Japan etc.

Old 07-21-2017, 04:56 AM

2,205 posts, read 3,334,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
Good observation but I'd say they're 2nd place in terms of "we are the best of the best" after Canada and Scandinavia. Ironically you'll never hear this attitude from citizens of places that are really the best: Dubai, Monaco, Japan etc.
ROFL. What are those the best in? Breaking human rights? Creating refugee waves? Violating womens rights?

Old 07-21-2017, 05:02 AM

1,222 posts, read 2,279,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by euro123 View Post
I think this is a clear case of "what goes around comes around". Of course, Germans, Austrians, etc. get defensive if you attack them, best examples are the German posters in this thread. However, only a tiny minority walks around with a "we da best"-mindset that they need to shove down other people's throats.

Also a big LOL at calling Dubai "really the best" - in what category? I would move to almost any country there is before even considering Dubai. Monaco is just one city and a tax haven for the rich, no competition there. Japan is nice, I'll give you that. But then, if you find Scandinavians and others arrogant, the Japanese are definitely arrogant as well. Towards other Asians that is, not Westerners.

Old 07-21-2017, 05:12 AM

5,214 posts, read 4,024,072 times
^ In what category Dubai isn't? Better question:

* highest building in the world;
* most expensive hotel;
* supposedly best roads in the world;
* friendliest people...likely;
* first man-made islands;
* friendly to foreigners (locals are minority);
* climate (the whole city is extended around the beach + palms and ocean of course);
* animal welfare, no dog eating or killing stray animals, cat caffe etc;
* Arabic and English spoken

I can go on...I've lived there for nearly 3 years, can't think of a single thing I didn't like, maybe the lack of seasons only.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe