Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2021, 01:58 PM

6,472 posts, read 8,221,357 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
I find it fascinating that the 3 most liked countries are southern European and of Latin ancestry.
Three great vacation destinations

I like the points given by Finland. Why bother giving financial aid to mismanaged and corrupt EU countries?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2021, 02:27 PM

26,849 posts, read 22,687,139 times
P.S. India and Columbia, huh?

Ukraine is notably absent from the poll, but that's what I'd personally like to see there)))

Old 09-22-2021, 03:39 PM

17,387 posts, read 11,373,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Lol at the French in particular.

Look how much negativity from them to everyone else, comparably to how much love is for THEM.

They are like that guy who sits there in perpetual state of irritation, saying that everyone is an a-hole and doesn't deserve his attention, while everyone around is saying "we know you don't mean that, we know that deep down you are a lovable guy."

P.S. Russians are saying out in the open on TV that Italians are their "favorite foreigners."
It's just my personal experience and it's been years since I've been to Italy, but I never heard an Italian say a bad word about Russia or Russians. In fact, when politics and countries were discussed, Italians seemed to admire Russia more than any other European country. That was just my own experience.

Old 09-22-2021, 06:18 PM

5,065 posts, read 7,530,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
Liechtenstein. What's not to like about it? Nothing. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liechtenstein

Thats what I would go with - Or Andorra?

Old 09-22-2021, 07:08 PM

26,849 posts, read 22,687,139 times
Quote:
It's just my personal experience and it's been years since I've been to Italy, but I never heard an Italian say a bad word about Russia or Russians. In fact, when politics and countries were discussed, Italians seemed to admire Russia more than any other European country. That was just my own experience.

Yes the feeling seems to be pretty mutual, although both are far away from each other, and are nothing alike.

I mean I can understand somewhat the love of the Russian women for Italy; in Russia women are closer to the Latin cultures, so they admire Italian fashions, and this feeling of splendor and excitement overall that Italian culture provides.

But Russian men?

They are no "Latins" - that's for sure, yet they like Italians all the same.

May be it's all the hugging and the eternal "party going" feeling)))

Old 09-23-2021, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Yes the feeling seems to be pretty mutual, although both are far away from each other, and are nothing alike.

I mean I can understand somewhat the love of the Russian women for Italy; in Russia women are closer to the Latin cultures, so they admire Italian fashions, and this feeling of splendor and excitement overall that Italian culture provides.

But Russian men?

They are no "Latins" - that's for sure, yet they like Italians all the same.

May be it's all the hugging and the eternal "party going" feeling)))
From conversations I've had with Italians, the admiration Italians have for Russians has something to do with Russia's long history contributing to culture and the arts. Italians also admire Russia's role in WWII, standing up to Hitler and Mussolini and even today, not bowing down to the U.S. and the EU in world affairs. Russia does what's best for Russia. There's a certain amount of envy and respect in that regard.
Italy also sees many Russian tourists and they are viewed overall as polite, friendly and well mannered, unlike some others from various countries.

Last edited by marino760; 09-23-2021 at 05:02 AM..

Old 09-23-2021, 04:55 AM

14,824 posts, read 12,090,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drro View Post
It's true though. The Abba song halfway the 70s was the only halfway decent song that ever came out of the Eurovision song contest and they were the only performers who actually had a succesfull career after Eurovision.

For the rest Eurovision is all about politics, usually the votes go to the underdog countries like the small poor Eastern European countries with abysmal performers.

I also agree with Putin that Eurovision is a Europe-wide gay parade. I don't like this hidden agenda either: the most gay performer like this Austrian got to win.

I can't even watch the performances, it is really that bad.
This EXACTLY! Its Political lets not pretend otherwise! If you want a music contest then lets make it about the music, Eurovision needs to be dumped, or at least re-vamped, unless Europeans do something about this farce its not going to change for the better.

Old 09-23-2021, 04:56 AM

14,824 posts, read 12,090,349 times
Quote:
Lol at the French in particular.

Look how much negativity from them to everyone else, comparably to how much love is for THEM.

They are like that guy who sits there in perpetual state of irritation, saying that everyone is an a-hole and doesn't deserve his attention, while everyone around is saying "we know you don't mean that, we know that deep down you are a lovable guy."

P.S. Russians are saying out in the open on TV that Italians are their "favorite foreigners."
France isn't 'Southern European'.

Old 09-23-2021, 05:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by easthome View Post
France isn't 'Southern European'.
The southern part of France certainly is along the Mediterranean snuggled in between Italy and Spain, and it's also a country deep in Latin heritage including language. France is a mixed bag.

Old 09-23-2021, 07:06 AM

8,877 posts, read 8,489,211 times
Quote:
I find it fascinating that the 3 most liked countries are southern European and of Latin ancestry.

Italy is well-liked everywhere. It's also America's favourite. I mean, what's not to like about it? It's beautiful, the food is great, and the men are hot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe