Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2021, 02:17 AM

26,783 posts, read 22,561,271 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glucorious View Post
I wonder where you get this BS from ? Been reading Mein Kampf lately ? You are completly clueless about the situation. NY is nowhere near those places.

Besides, we are talking about a couple of thousand people.

What does this have to do with anything? Right, nothing.
Oh I am sure these young draft age men have plenty to contribute to their own countries illiterate or not.
The question is what's going on in their native countries and why.
"Couple of thousands" is A LOT OF PEOPLE by the way.
Enough for Polish gov to bring the army to the border.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2021, 02:32 AM

2,223 posts, read 5,488,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Oh I am sure these young draft age men have plenty to contribute to their own countries illiterate or not.

How do you know who it is? Right, you don't. Or did some you hear something at the mall ? Did someone you know hear something from someone he/she knows who heard it from someone else?

The question is what's going on in their native countries and why.
"Couple of thousands" is A LOT OF PEOPLE by the way.

No, it is not. If you knew simple math relation/proportion, then you would know that.

Enough for Polish gov to bring the army to the border.

Ah ha, I was referring to the "Asia" comment and your response is this. This has also nothing to do with what I said.

Old 11-19-2021, 03:57 AM

Quote:
How do I know who it is? I see plenty of the young men there.
I am watching the whole event on TV, while sitting in Moscow.
That's much easier than to receive the news somewhere at the "market" place ( like may be you do?)

P.S. I hear a lot of pure Russian propaganda on 60 minutes lately when it comes to US news btw.
Oh, and I learned today that the latest Biden's nominee
To the banking sector (that Omarova person) is a graduate of Soviet University. Just lol.

Old 11-19-2021, 07:55 AM

2,223 posts, read 5,488,144 times
Quote:
How do I know who it is? I see plenty of the young men there.
I am watching the whole event on TV, while sitting in Moscow.
That's much easier than to receive the news somewhere at the "market" place ( like may be you do?)

P.S. I hear a lot of pure Russian propaganda on 60 minutes lately when it comes to US news btw.
Oh, and I learned today that the latest Biden's nominee
To the banking sector (that Omarova person) is a graduate of Soviet University. Just lol.
You don't see anyone there, because you are sitting at home on your couch all day long. Somewhere far away.

Why don't you ask someone who was there and who is volunteering a lot of time helping refugees? But you wouln't like what I have to say.

Old 11-19-2021, 08:17 AM

9,511 posts, read 5,448,119 times
Talked to Yulia last night. Her cousin is still in Kamyannets with the families in the monastery. There's about 30 people there now. The government has offered flights back to Irbil to the families. They are Iraqi Kurds for the most part.

Some are going to take the offer but some families have lost the husbands. They don't want to break up the families. Authorities are making arrangements for transportation. Some kids have colds and one managed to fall out of a tree and break his wrist. Everyone seems to be alright in general.

It seems the locals are not happy about the whole thing. They are mostly hostile towards the aid workers and Iraqis. The local sheriff has made threats about any mistreatment of them. I like the guy.

All the above is from a local perspective. In the media it another story.

Old 11-19-2021, 11:52 AM

2,289 posts, read 1,569,979 times
Quote:
I don't see how it "backfired" on Luka.
These migrants were already used to expose the internal EU conflict (New Europe VS Old one.)
Now they can go home if they had enough of torture.
Plus of course this whole event forced Merkel to talk directly to Luka, and not to Putin since he referred her to Lukashenko in their previous telephone convo.
I wouldn't expect you to see.......

Quote:
The latest moves are being seen as a sign that the country's disputed leader Alexander Lukashenko, accused of orchestrating the crisis, is now keen to defuse it

https://www.euronews.com/2021/11/19/...ken-to-shelter

Old 11-19-2021, 07:11 PM

35,082 posts, read 17,033,734 times
Quote:
I wonder where you get this BS from ? Been reading Mein Kampf lately ? You are completly clueless about the situation. NY is nowhere near those places.

Besides, we are talking about a couple of thousand people.
Your invocation of Godwin's Law is horrific and does nothing but shut down conversation.
Quote:
What does this have to do with anything? Right, nothing.
Japan and the Republic of Korea are pretty affluent countries. They should do their share for the illiterate and destitute.

Old 11-20-2021, 05:34 PM

1,764 posts, read 1,027,786 times
Quote:
They don't need to "side" with Lukashenko.
The conflict within EU exists without any Puuuutin and Lukashenko.
The "old Europe" is ruled by the "left" now and their sympathies to people of color.
Polish culture on another hand is socially conservative as in Russia and other Eastern European countries. None of them want influx of migrants from Asia and Africa.
Lukashenko simply exposed this internal conflict in revenge for Polish attempt to unseat him and to take over Belorussia.
And I suspect that he won't stop there.
Why the hell did Belrus allowed many people fly from Turkey, Iraq/Syria and Lebanon in the first place without the proper security policies on their backgrounds in the first place?

Belavia, the Belarus state airline, increased the number of flights from the Middle East – including Iraq, Lebanon and Syria – in recent months to enable more migrants to come. For example, flightradar24.com, which monitors global air traffic, reported 27 flights from Beirut to Minsk from August to November 2021, compared to only five in the whole of 2020.

The so called refugees before arriving to the Polish border are staying at hotels in the Belarusian capital. https://www.bbc.com/news/59233244 Surely the Belarusian government is aware of it. https://theconversation.com/trouble-...-leader-172108

The Belarusan president is striving to be like the Turkish president and if he does not get his way with the EU they encourage the movement of refugees to move into the EU by aiding the refugees to the border regions of the EU. The blackmail threat to the EU by Turkey has worked in Turkeys end, as the EU can't really put sanctions on Turkey on their poor human rights and suppression of democracy. The Belarusian president is striving to emulate what the Turkish president did with the refugee crisis.

Old 11-20-2021, 05:59 PM

35,082 posts, read 17,033,734 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by herenow1 View Post
Why the hell did Belrus allowed many people fly from Turkey, Iraq/Syria and Lebanon in the first place without the proper security policies on their backgrounds in the first place?
Because the U.S. has a cream-puff President that tolerates this nonsense.

Old 11-20-2021, 11:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Very Man Himself View Post
I wouldn't expect you to see.......

https://www.euronews.com/2021/11/19/...ken-to-shelter
So?
He is ready to defuse the situation when he knows that his goal is already achieved and Poland (and internal EU conflict) are already exposed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Europe